Battlefield 5 anti-cheat

Comments

  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    let's assume that DICE is successful in making a competitive mode, like BFV Incursions or something, or the Royale mode gets really big. Do you think they will just continue with FF on its own? i don't. Or if they did, any competitive mode would die off quick. look at other games, they have all added supplementary anti cheat measures, still get cheaters ofc but at least they are trying and communicating about it?
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never had a problem with PB. It was effective because it could catch client side cheats which FF doesn't do. The cheat shops and their customers always run a campaign on forums to discredit PB because it puts them at risk.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    MHbluey wrote: »
    let's assume that DICE is successful in making a competitive mode, like BFV Incursions or something, or the Royale mode gets really big. Do you think they will just continue with FF on its own? i don't. Or if they did, any competitive mode would die off quick. look at other games, they have all added supplementary anti cheat measures, still get cheaters ofc but at least they are trying and communicating about it?

    I've never cheated so I don't know anything about that and I don't anything about programming so I have no idea about that either. But I've spent an enormous amount of time playing games and PB was the only effective anti-cheat I have ever known. If you know a game that had really effective anti-cheat then let us know. For example R6 Siege is having enormous problems with cheating and it uses BattleEye.
    I've never had a problem with PB. It was effective because it could catch client side cheats which FF doesn't do. The cheat shops and their customers always run a campaign on forums to discredit PB because it puts them at risk.

    Same here but PB was public relations disaster and FairFight isn't. I would say PB is far better when it's allowed to do it's job but it draws constant negativity.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14782 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Micas99 wrote: »
    You were constantly shilling the same exact excuses for the lack of decent AC in BF1

    Because it's true.

    I have had a LOT less encounters with cheaters in bf1 than I have in any other BF title.
    Micas99 wrote: »
    up until the 130 some odd page thread got closed under the guise of "nothing to see here".
    That was not the reason why it was closed at all, It was closed because :
    • nothing new was being added to the discussion
    • everything was being repeated over and over
    • people were using the thread to name and shame
    • people were using the thread to harass and belittle/abuse others
    Micas99 wrote: »
    That despite pretty much every other popular shooter being very up-front about what they use, why, and what they do to improve it, and an open dialog with their players
    And? Just because some devs do, Doesnt mean DICE has to do likewise.

    I understand the secrecy and why DICE are not giving the larger public info on how anticheat works because that information would be beneficial to cheat developers.

  • 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    @warslag Oh, Macros itself isnt illegal to use, its all about how you make them work, some mice uses macros to utilize the extra buttons (I recently saw one with 20 buttons!!!)
    https://gizmodo.com/5918345/this-20-button-mouse-puts-your-everything-to-shame

    Again, we are back to gaining an unfair advantage, its not unfair to code button 14 on your mouse to drop ammo and if youre french, button 2 to wave the white flag ;)

    @LOLGotYerTags Well I never understood how DICE devs can have their noses in the sky while they have their head up their [profanity].
    No one is asking them to tell us how and when, but to communicate and perhaps even cooperate with the community, instead the "closes holes by patching" so we as serverholders cant run the plugins we would like to on servers we pay to rent.
    A lot of things could have been set straight on different subjects regarding to anticheat if there had been a communication between the community, 3. party AC and DICE.
    In these latest cases I wont blame any of the existing 3.party AC's - they have been forthcoming telling about different issues and problems. It would be nice to see DICE doing the same.



  • LOLGotYerTags
    14782 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @0ld_yell0w
    You know swearing isnt allowed.

    Ive edited your post to reflect this on this occasion however further rulebreaking will of course push you into infraction territory.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    You were constantly shilling the same exact excuses for the lack of decent AC in BF1

    Because it's true.

    I have had a LOT less encounters with cheaters in bf1 than I have in any other BF title.
    Micas99 wrote: »
    up until the 130 some odd page thread got closed under the guise of "nothing to see here".
    That was not the reason why it was closed at all, It was closed because :
    • nothing new was being added to the discussion
    • everything was being repeated over and over
    • people were using the thread to name and shame
    • people were using the thread to harass and belittle/abuse others
    Micas99 wrote: »
    That despite pretty much every other popular shooter being very up-front about what they use, why, and what they do to improve it, and an open dialog with their players
    And? Just because some devs do, Doesnt mean DICE has to do likewise.

    I understand the secrecy and why DICE are not giving the larger public info on how anticheat works because that information would be beneficial to cheat developers.

    I can't help but think sometimes cheat makers probe the forums trying to get any info out of anyone that knows something about AC system, even though no one here is a dev.

    I fail to see how people don't understand why dice chooses to be quiet. We won't hear about AC until release or close to it if they plan to use anything other than FF.

    Anti-cheat =/= complete cheat-free experience.

    Just like antivirus isn't completely virus free, antibacterial soap isn't completely bacteria free. As long as there's money in cheating, cheat makers have incentive to keep making cheats.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    @warslag No, sometimes a program/driver which is NOT coded with cheat in mind alters an adress that PB is monitoring. I specifically can remember a microsoft mouse driver doing that which ended in a massive banwave - which got lifted again.

    MS, Nvidia etc.. doesnt care about EA's EULA when they make a driver or a program, they make it because they can sell/upgrade something we bought as customers, it is solely EA/PB/FF 's responsibility to figure out if its a legit program or not you are running not another software Inc's concern. Imagine EA telling MS to alter windows 10 because some of their customers cant play BF5 ?! nahhh - not really ;)

    No again, wether youre disabled or just a sick cheater you KNOW what you can or cannot, the game EULA states that you are not to use anything that gives you an unfair advantage thats it ! It is THAT simple.

    I dont believe FF works, Ive manually had to ban a load of players with obvious cheats, like shooting players in MBT with a handgun from other end of map, shooting/killing with binocular at any range, flying or teleporting around ?! these examples is not to discuss "get better yourself" these are VERY obvious and never caught by a stats engine like FF so no, doesnt work because lots of these players Ive been following and they are still not banned by FF.

    FF has definitely gotten better, but as long as I see this one particular blatant aimbotter that I reported 1,5 years ago still playing as of today I'll keep saying that FF is a joke.

    Just now, I also read on a cheat forum that cheaters are still able to transfer their games from a banned account to a new account to circumvent their ban and keep cheating without having to pay for a new game. This was brought to EA's attention years ago and they said that took action...
    Well they didn't, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that.
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    @warslag No, sometimes a program/driver which is NOT coded with cheat in mind alters an adress that PB is monitoring. I specifically can remember a microsoft mouse driver doing that which ended in a massive banwave - which got lifted again.

    MS, Nvidia etc.. doesnt care about EA's EULA when they make a driver or a program, they make it because they can sell/upgrade something we bought as customers, it is solely EA/PB/FF 's responsibility to figure out if its a legit program or not you are running not another software Inc's concern. Imagine EA telling MS to alter windows 10 because some of their customers cant play BF5 ?! nahhh - not really ;)

    No again, wether youre disabled or just a sick cheater you KNOW what you can or cannot, the game EULA states that you are not to use anything that gives you an unfair advantage thats it ! It is THAT simple.

    I dont believe FF works, Ive manually had to ban a load of players with obvious cheats, like shooting players in MBT with a handgun from other end of map, shooting/killing with binocular at any range, flying or teleporting around ?! these examples is not to discuss "get better yourself" these are VERY obvious and never caught by a stats engine like FF so no, doesnt work because lots of these players Ive been following and they are still not banned by FF.

    FF has definitely gotten better, but as long as I see this one particular blatant aimbotter that I reported 1,5 years ago still playing as of today I'll keep saying that FF is a joke.

    Just now, I also read on a cheat forum that cheaters are still able to transfer their games from a banned account to a new account to circumvent their ban and keep cheating without having to pay for a new game. This was brought to EA's attention years ago and they said that took action...
    Well they didn't, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that.

    This argument sounds similiar to antivaxxing arguments. Show 100s of cases where X works. Shows 1 case of x not working, therefore Y is ineffective.

    This is not really a good argument.

    Onto to your second claim. Its tied to the account. you cannot transfer into a new account. You can merge accounts but you cannot transfer accounts.

    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-we-transfer-games-from-one-Origin-account-to-another/td-p/1920505
  • 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sorry to burst that bubble, it IS possible to transfer a game from one to another. For obvious reasons I wont share how here in public. I wasnt asking DICE to "spill it all out" but to be more cooperative & communicative towards both players as well as 3. party AC. That doesnt include their deepest secrets about AC.They could tell us about server settings coming up - and or if tvey got a new AC coming up, that wouldnt give the cheaters much to go on but would be an refreshing newsbulletin towards the community as a whole.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    sorry to burst that bubble, it IS possible to transfer a game from one to another. For obvious reasons I wont share how here in public. I wasnt asking DICE to "spill it all out" but to be more cooperative & communicative towards both players as well as 3. party AC. That doesnt include their deepest secrets about AC.They could tell us about server settings coming up - and or if tvey got a new AC coming up, that wouldnt give the cheaters much to go on but would be an refreshing newsbulletin towards the community as a whole.

    I went around looking for that claim. Couldn't find it. But I understand why you wouldn't want to post it here since it violates TOS.

    For people that think FF is bad, I would like dice just to turn it off for one day and see how its like. It will be worse than BF3/4. I 'm sure of that.

    I don't think anything needs to be communicated to us about cheat measures. The ones who do communicate such things, tend to have a cheat problem. PUBG, R6, etc because they see the numbers and how it reflects.

    Could they be more open about measures? Sure. Are they going to? No. Do they need to? No. There's not a cheating epidemic in Battlefield 1. There are cheaters, and in some waves, more cheaters than not, but there's no cheating epidemic to the point EA needs to come out and make a statement about cheating.

    I was in a lobby with someone that was cheating. I left quietly, went to spectate him and saw he had an aimbot. He knew I was spectating because he went prone and seemed like he was finagling with some settings aka toggling off.

    An hr later, he got banned.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find it quite amusing that apparently DICE is using anticheat based on/around statistics because it explains a whole heck of a lot with regards to the general attitude and direction these games have gone.

    They've attempted to automate it, to make a system where you do not need to have/do not need as many people auditing claims, cases, or reports of people cheating, rather something that is more automated.

    This attempt at "automation" via statistics has also been used (or theorized being used) when Balancing Weapons/Gadgets. (this theory/method Explains some of the odd balance-issues found with various BF4 weapons, and the choice to limit configurations of guns in BF1, or at least the deeper reasoning behind it).

    This Reliance (some might say over-reliance) on statistics might very well explain the increasingly limited/restrictive server-options starting with either BF:BC:2 or BF:3 (depending on how one counts BC2) better than almost any other explanation. To me though the
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BetaFief wrote: »
    I find it quite amusing that apparently DICE is using anticheat based on/around statistics because it explains a whole heck of a lot with regards to the general attitude and direction these games have gone.

    They've attempted to automate it, to make a system where you do not need to have/do not need as many people auditing claims, cases, or reports of people cheating, rather something that is more automated.

    This attempt at "automation" via statistics has also been used (or theorized being used) when Balancing Weapons/Gadgets. (this theory/method Explains some of the odd balance-issues found with various BF4 weapons, and the choice to limit configurations of guns in BF1, or at least the deeper reasoning behind it).

    This Reliance (some might say over-reliance) on statistics might very well explain the increasingly limited/restrictive server-options starting with either BF:BC:2 or BF:3 (depending on how one counts BC2) better than almost any other explanation. To me though the

    That's what DICE allows you to believe about FF just being statistical Anti-cheat. Its much more than that.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    sorry to burst that bubble, it IS possible to transfer a game from one to another. For obvious reasons I wont share how here in public. I wasnt asking DICE to "spill it all out" but to be more cooperative & communicative towards both players as well as 3. party AC. That doesnt include their deepest secrets about AC.They could tell us about server settings coming up - and or if tvey got a new AC coming up, that wouldnt give the cheaters much to go on but would be an refreshing newsbulletin towards the community as a whole.
    There's not a cheating epidemic in Battlefield 1. There are cheaters, and in some waves, more cheaters than not, but there's no cheating epidemic to the point EA needs to come out and make a statement about cheating.

    .
    disagree, BF1 in early 2017 was infested with them, I could post stuff about it but will just get sanctioned, I stopped playing until recently - they've all moved on to other games- they'll be back for BFV launch, no doubt
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018


    lol I was confused for a second. i was like when did I quote this? I never did

    Yes, they'll be back for bfv the cheaters and they'll get smite again and they will lose interest in the game. People will continue to cheat but it won't be an epidemic. BF1 had a good anticheat. Wasn't perfect, but it was good and better than a lot of other popular games out there. By far .
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

    lol I was confused for a second. i was like when did I quote this? I never did

    Yes, they'll be back for bfv the cheaters and they'll get smite again and they will lose interest in the game. People will continue to cheat but it won't be an epidemic. BF1 had a good anticheat. Wasn't perfect, but it was good and better than a lot of other popular games out there. By far .

    it was in your post of 7.51pm, so with respect you did, but it doesn't matter
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That was not the reason why it was closed at all, It was closed because :
    • nothing new was being added to the discussion
    • everything was being repeated over and over
    • people were using the thread to name and shame
    • people were using the thread to harass and belittle/abuse others

    This thread has #1, and #2... #3 and #4 are inc... and the close shortly thereafter.

    I think I just need to give up on BF on PC and figure out how to transfer my 20 some odd years of experience playing shooters to console. ugh
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's what DICE allows you to believe about FF just being statistical Anti-cheat. Its much more than that.

    Really? So why not just have something like VAC or whatever?

    I mean the system EA uses seems to necessitate some comparatively heavy server-restrictions for anti-cheat that is at most slightly-more effective than otherwise.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    BetaFief wrote: »
    That's what DICE allows you to believe about FF just being statistical Anti-cheat. Its much more than that.

    Really? So why not just have something like VAC or whatever?

    I mean the system EA uses seems to necessitate some comparatively heavy server-restrictions for anti-cheat that is at most slightly-more effective than otherwise.

    VAC is Valve's so I don't think it would be easy to use that one without risking exposing their code to a competitor.

    FairFight is more than just statistical according to this.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4476qr/how_fairfight_works_what_it_does_and_what_it/
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    That was not the reason why it was closed at all, It was closed because :
    • nothing new was being added to the discussion
    • everything was being repeated over and over
    • people were using the thread to name and shame
    • people were using the thread to harass and belittle/abuse others

    This thread has #1, and #2... #3 and #4 are inc... and the close shortly thereafter.

    I think I just need to give up on BF on PC and figure out how to transfer my 20 some odd years of experience playing shooters to console. ugh

    I gave Xbox One X a try with XIM APEX, but it didn't feel nearly as smooth as PC. 30hz servers are horrible. I'll give console gaming another try in 2020 when they upgrade their CPUs to Ryzen and consoles have built in FreeSync support.

    I also think Sony probably has better game servers than Xbox, because Xbox has really strict bandwidth limits developers have to follow. I noticed all the Xbox servers had micro-rubberbanding in Battlefield 1.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If the servers are going to be as bad as for BF1 and flooded with high pingers they will be swamped in reports. Just got reported twice, or so they said, in the last game because I hit a couple of flickshots on a pingfrogged server with all out of region nubbins, of course I was a major cheat then, somehow only getting 14 kills and landing on the bottom half of the scoreboard didn't strike them as somewhat out of character for a cheater. That I hunted a stuttering Assault firing clip after clip with the pistol hitting nothing but air they didn't see. Long story shorter, better servers will cut down on the erranous cheating reports.
Sign In or Register to comment.