Battlefield 5 anti-cheat

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    bpapao wrote: »
    BF5 cheats are already out! cancel your preorder now

[link + all caps removed]

Sounds like someone got killed one too many times.

No there were genuinely cheats out there for the Alpha but.. Like I said..

It's an Alpha, It wouldn't have made much ( if any ) difference, Plus there wasn't an active AC in the Alpha so...

There were also many hackusations as well. But in the end you're right....its an alpha, DICEs goal was to get info back to them to continue the development, not to check for cheaters.
  • LIQUID-C00LED
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    No Battle eye or something / anything other than Fairfight then cram it sideways. BF1 was destroyed by **** very quickly , BF5 will go the same way if only Fairfight is used

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • RRedux
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I kinda wonder why Dice won't say anything about what plans they have for anti-cheat measures.

If they had planned to use real anti-cheat measures, they wouldn't hide it, would they?

I've said this before, but the most prominent cheat-makers don't want to make cheats for blizzard games ( overwatch) because blizzard has a history of suing cheat developers.

Why can't Dice/ EA take similar measures?
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I imagine in a perfect situation they don't want to give the cheat developers any ideas. But the reality is none of this stuff affects the console player so why cater to the PC community?
  • RRedux
    766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    I imagine in a perfect situation they don't want to give the cheat developers any ideas. But the reality is none of this stuff affects the console player so why cater to the PC community?

So the solution then is to buy an xbox, bf5, and mouse and keyboard for xbox.

I've seen lots of love for console users with mouse and keyboard on the forums :p
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Saw that spot cheat yesterday. Other team was wonder what was going on, not realizing that one guy was spotting their entire team the entire match until some of us told them. The cheater was 0-1 on top of the leader-board. Not suprising.
    And so fair fight will get him for clearly having an impossible number of spot assists, no?

I think FairFight looks for something about a player's gameplay that can't be done. Simultaneously targeting lots of players, non-existent cooldowns etc.

If we were spotting players we could spot a lot of players at once. I get this sometimes when I'm in a plane. It could be a bug that needs fixing that the cheats are exploiting.

I'm not sure what procedures FairFight follows for that sort of stuff or how long it would take to fix.

There is absolutely loads of cheating at the moment. In the Operations matches I play there is anyway.

I see a lot of bombers and arty trucks camping out of bounds going 80-1 in Operations but not much cheating. The 24/7 Fort servers are where I see the most suspicious players. But really Bf1 feels pretty clean to me. If that is due to Fairfight or the game just not being that popular compared to the big PC shooters idk. A lot of the players who are still playing are just dedicated to the game and have put in a lot of time so I could see why some might think they are cheating.
  • RRedux
    tgryudfgyu wrote: »
    I see a lot of bombers and arty trucks camping out of bounds going 80-1 in Operations but not much cheating. The 24/7 Fort servers are where I see the most suspicious players. But really Bf1 feels pretty clean to me. If that is due to Fairfight or the game just not being that popular compared to the big PC shooters idk. A lot of the players who are still playing are just dedicated to the game and have put in a lot of time so I could see why some might think they are cheating.

Lots of players get banned every week, and have been since the game came out. Every now and then there is a huge banwave, much more than the regular amount. This has been happening consistently since the game came out. This say something about the amount of cheaters that are playing the game at any given time, since most cheaters don't ever get caught.

For every cheater that actually gets caught, there are lots that aren't getting caught. One of the most popular subscription-based cheats for bf1 (and the other bf games) boasts on its site "undetected since 2016". The reason it can say this s because the only cheaters FF catches, are the stupid "ragehackers" that get impossible kills per minute or 100% accuracy or other statistical anomalies. The largest block of cheaters are the ones who just use cheats in a relatively small way, like wallradar, a slight aimassist and so on, to give themselves several advantages without going too overboard.

People seem to think that "cheating" is just the super-obvious, in your face "killing everyone on the map with headshots from LMG across the map" hackers, and are oblivious to the more subtle (and much more common) cheaters.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think there will be an adequate anti-cheat for BFV other than FF..and clearly the decision will be financial, it will eat into the bottom line profit figure to maintain ...so, unless they see a financial gain by using an adequate anti-cheat you will NOT have one...
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »

So the solution then is to buy an xbox, bf5, and mouse and keyboard for xbox.

I've seen lots of love for console users with mouse and keyboard on the forums :p

It's not cheating when Microsoft enables KB/Mouse on the Xbox One for gaming. Practically the only way I can play any shooter
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think there will be an adequate anti-cheat for BFV other than FF..and clearly the decision will be financial, it will eat into the bottom line profit figure to maintain ...so, unless they see a financial gain by using an adequate anti-cheat you will NOT have one...

That's right, and then everything becomes circular. The same huge threads about cheating will happen. Eventually the "everything has already been said" - locked thread - will happen. It will be exactly the same as BF1. Then BFBC3 will come out.. people will be upset about the lack of effective AC, giant threads about cheating will happen.. and on and on. It's to the point now that console is the only way to go, and it's terrible compared to PC.

A couple things you can check. You can read about how other companies are dealing with cheating. EA/Dice is the complete opposite of them. You can read the forums on the cheat providers where they essentially laugh all the way to the bank.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

Lots of players get banned every week, and have been since the game came out. Every now and then there is a huge banwave, much more than the regular amount. This has been happening consistently since the game came out. This say something about the amount of cheaters that are playing the game at any given time, since most cheaters don't ever get caught.

For every cheater that actually gets caught, there are lots that aren't getting caught. One of the most popular subscription-based cheats for bf1 (and the other bf games) boasts on its site "undetected since 2016". The reason it can say this s because the only cheaters FF catches, are the stupid "ragehackers" that get impossible kills per minute or 100% accuracy or other statistical anomalies. The largest block of cheaters are the ones who just use cheats in a relatively small way, like wallradar, a slight aimassist and so on, to give themselves several advantages without going too overboard.

People seem to think that "cheating" is just the super-obvious, in your face "killing everyone on the map with headshots from LMG across the map" hackers, and are oblivious to the more subtle (and much more common) cheaters.

I've been playing shooters on the PC for nearly 20 years and have a pretty deep understanding of how cheating works so you can save the lectures, it's not going to change my opinion that bf1 is a relatively clean game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've been playing shooters on the PC for nearly 20 years and have a pretty deep understanding of how cheating works so you can save the lectures, it's not going to change my opinion that bf1 is a relatively clean game.

Man, it's impossible to reason with people who believe the game is infested with cheaters and every third player uses something. This discussion has been created here many many times before and it always ends the same way: REEEEEEE all of you are cheaters and EA/Dice are fools. There is nothing you can do.
    Also, fun fact previous bf games had way more cheats and cheaters comparing to bf1even though those games have 2 ACs and community serves with admins on top of that. I still remember those days when you could get killed with [KILLED] from across the map by some random guy. Good times.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Man, it's impossible to reason with people who believe the game is infested with cheaters and every third player uses something. This discussion has been created here many many times before and it always ends the same way: REEEEEEE all of you are cheaters and EA/Dice are fools. There is nothing you can do.
    Also, fun fact previous bf games had way more cheats and cheaters comparing to bf1even though those games have 2 ACs and community serves with admins on top of that. I still remember those days when you could get killed with [KILLED] from across the map by some random guy. Good times.

Have you been playing BF1 recently? There has been a spike in cheating. Perhaps you missed it?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »

Have you been playing BF1 recently? There has been a spike in cheating. Perhaps you missed it?
    I play bf1 everyday and haven't seen a cheater since like March or so. No idea where are you finding those all the time.
  • mach2k5
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Phantom... The main reason is because they are mainly from ASIA or the Former Soviet bloc that are cheating. It is a mass industry for people to control the way a game goes.. Remember state sponsored malware and hacks to screw up decent players...

Their idea is, "I am the best my country is the best.", type of thing. I do hope that EA do get on board with some sort of AC / Ban program.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    mach2k5 wrote: »
    Phantom... The main reason is because they are mainly from ASIA or the Former Soviet bloc that are cheating. It is a mass industry for people to control the way a game goes.. Remember state sponsored malware and hacks to screw up decent players...

Their idea is, "I am the best my country is the best.", type of thing. I do hope that EA do get on board with some sort of AC / Ban program.

But I play on EU servers and there weren't even a slight sight of Russian/Polish/any other cheater in a long while.
    So again I have not a single clue what most of you complain about because my experience has been clean and fine. While I'm not denying the existence of cheaters, those aren't as common as some claim to be. But there are always lags, bad connections, servers being unstable and so on, those usually make people suspect cheating while it's not the case.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    mach2k5 wrote: »

Spreading cheats in games is part of Russian cyber warfare. Along with all the racism and account hacking. They're trying to cause social problems in the West and using games to do it.
  • Photonic-Prophet
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha all these walls of text when it should be just this....talk with your money. Do not pre order. Let ea and their ignorant investor base sweat potential low sales by not pre ordering. I know I will wait a week or two after release before I buy. Want to skim through these forums and wait to see if I see the infamous "hackers already?" Or some orher patient.

Just saying, we have the ability to voice opinion with money instead of just arguing amongst ourselves over which pile of anti cheat **** smells the best. They all suck. I say name and shame for the power of community and peer pressure. If you get known to be a suspicious player, I say let the whole damn world know. Whats that going to hurt? Ya ya, hackusation central on bf forums. Supose those might be rooted in some truth though.

Tldr Money talks, **** walks
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I say name and shame for the power of community and peer pressure. If you get known to be a suspicious player, I say let the whole damn world know. Whats that going to hurt? Ya ya, hackusation central on bf forums. Supose those might be rooted in some truth though.

I have nothing against publishing a registry of FairFight banned/suspended accounts (with full gamertag history), but to suggest holding witch hunts based on arbitrary feelings and motivations is asinine. Nowadays I get hackusated pretty much daily, and I'm nowhere near top tier players. I'd hate to have my reputation ruined by uneducated players coming together in a mob mentality.

I play a lot, and I think I'm somewhat recognized by other habitual gamers playing same game modes in the EU region. It would be demoralizing to think my hard earned skills (whatever I might have) being devalued and questioned based on nothing substantial. And not only have I been suspected of cheating in-game, but also in these forums solely on my (level-headed I believe) writings in cheat related threads, which is a good indication of how grounded the guys with these tendencies are (you know who you are).

As far as I know, none of the guys I've befriended over the games life cycle have doubts about my legitimacy (especially considering my non-exceptional statistics). And in reverse, a lot of the guys I play with also get hackusated regularly. This doesn't bother me as I've done due diligence as best as I can and can be confident to a reasonable degree that they are also legit. The last thing I would want is to be associated with cheaters. I would imagine a lot of them share these sentiments.

For the most part FairFight and integrated engine-internal checks are doing a decent job, but in the last few weeks there has been a resurgence of low/mid level cheaters mostly closet aimbotting. I would guess that there is a new public cheat out there yet undetected. Hopefully a ban wave is coming shortly.

• 0ld_yell0w
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I say name and shame for the power of community and peer pressure. If you get known to be a suspicious player, I say let the whole damn world know. Whats that going to hurt? Ya ya, hackusation central on bf forums. Supose those might be rooted in some truth though.

I have nothing against publishing a registry of FairFight banned/suspended accounts (with full gamertag history), but to suggest holding witch hunts based on arbitrary feelings and motivations is asinine. Nowadays I get hackusated pretty much daily, and I'm nowhere near top tier players. I'd hate to have my reputation ruined by uneducated players coming together in a mob mentality.

I play a lot, and I think I'm somewhat recognized by other habitual gamers playing same game modes in the EU region. It would be demoralizing to think my hard earned skills (whatever I might have) being devalued and questioned based on nothing substantial. And not only have I been suspected of cheating in-game, but also in these forums solely on my (level-headed I believe) writings in cheat related threads, which is a good indication of how grounded the guys with these tendencies are (you know who you are).

As far as I know, none of the guys I've befriended over the games life cycle have doubts about my legitimacy (especially considering my non-exceptional statistics). And in reverse, a lot of the guys I play with also get hackusated regularly. This doesn't bother me as I've done due diligence as best as I can and can be confident to a reasonable degree that they are also legit. The last thing I would want is to be associated with cheaters. I would imagine a lot of them share these sentiments.

For the most part FairFight and integrated engine-internal checks are doing a decent job, but in the last few weeks there has been a resurgence of low/mid level cheaters mostly closet aimbotting. I would guess that there is a new public cheat out there yet undetected. Hopefully a ban wave is coming shortly.

I recon you are playing BF1 which I don't (tried it and uninstalled it). Theres a lot of games already using Fairfight that posts lists of banned players in specific games like https://ffbans.org/ amongst others.

On known cheatsites the complaints are going on that FF is more agressive in BF1 and they get banned really quick, which must mean that FF does work at some point, and that the cheaters are still trying.
    (one of the complainers posts that he gots more than 2300 hours ingame bf3,bf4 and bf1 before he recieved a temp ban by FF).

I agree on the witchhunting though, but making a list from FF or similar public wouldnt be a witchhunt, that would be the fact that that specific guy got busted.

Im in no way inclined to think ANY of your friends is cheating but again, you never really know whos doing it because those not getting caught is playing it to the thin red line and never go beyond that.