Gameplay from idiots...

2»

Comments

• Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    That's all I use them for, info. That's all anyone should use them for, but if I'll click on a video and hear a bunch of dishonest rubbish I wouldn't really want info from that person.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    I've basically been watching their videos on mute, and scrutinizing all the hit markers and working out damage models. I've also tried to work out bullet velocities, but it's much harder. Most of what I've found is scattered in a few threads. There's been quite a few surprises, like the bolt actions can actually fall below 50 damage at range, lmgs have min damage around 33 even at long range, and so on.

• xXTDMasterXx
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    the 10 Raw Gameplay .. uses RPG on human so close and player that uses RPG dont die.. u cant choose how to be accurate either ur accuate until the end or wont at all dont do half work...
  • disposalist
    8680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    I've basically been watching their videos on mute, and scrutinizing all the hit markers and working out damage models. I've also tried to work out bullet velocities, but it's much harder. Most of what I've found is scattered in a few threads. There's been quite a few surprises, like the bolt actions can actually fall below 50 damage at range, lmgs have min damage around 33 even at long range, and so on.
    Crikey that's admirable, but if I were you, I'd wait (unless you have nothing else to do hehe!). It is all bound to change.

I did quite a lot of research for my YT vids and they changed a lot of the stats (and then TTK2!) even after release. Argh!
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Crikey that's admirable, but if I were you, I'd wait (unless you have nothing else to do hehe!). It is all bound to change.

I did quite a lot of research for my YT vids and they changed a lot of the stats (and then TTK2!) even after release. Argh!

Yeah, I did waste my day, I did have productive things to do but was feeling a bit down and have been avoiding my responsibilities. Not great behaviour though. Kick me off these forums if I'm here tomorrow ;)
  • Alphazetamu
    the 10 Raw Gameplay .. uses RPG on human so close and player that uses RPG dont die.. u cant choose how to be accurate either ur accuate until the end or wont at all dont do half work...

Yeah, I also saw that and thought oh damn, that's gonna be a cheap trick for assaults against infantry.
  • Phugazi
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do you listen to youtuber's opinion anyway? Especially from someone like LvlCap who can't say if gun is good or not unless he got full on symthic stats in front of him. I use youtubers only as insiders to show content early, post news, patches etc. Their opinion matters nothing to me.

Never said I valued his opinion but I do value his insight and time spent. Levelcap, like many of the other "organized" game YouTuber's (JackFrags, Westie, StoneMountain, etc...), put in the time and effort to review and evaluate these games to a level I certainly don't have the time, effort or energy to do myself. It's not like most of these people are spouting out pure nonsense the entire time and most of the time I come away with some tidbit of information that I might go and investigate more myself. These guys often provide the CliffNotes to the gaming story and I do appreciate them for that.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Phugazi wrote: »
    Why do you listen to youtuber's opinion anyway? Especially from someone like LvlCap who can't say if gun is good or not unless he got full on symthic stats in front of him. I use youtubers only as insiders to show content early, post news, patches etc. Their opinion matters nothing to me.

Never said I valued his opinion but I do value his insight and time spent. Levelcap, like many of the other "organized" game YouTuber's (JackFrags, Westie, StoneMountain, etc...), put in the time and effort to review and evaluate these games to a level I certainly don't have the time, effort or energy to do myself. It's not like most of these people are spouting out pure nonsense the entire time and most of the time I come away with some tidbit of information that I might go and investigate more myself. These guys often provide the CliffNotes to the gaming story and I do appreciate them for that.

Correct, but alot of the times (Too many times in fact) people take their opinion as the only right one. And that is very sad.
  • Puahate2014
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    How come the only exstensive gameplay videos I’ve found seem to be done by people who have never played a BF game before? It’s feustrating to watch and I feel like that’s one reason the gameplay looks so slow...it’s being done by amateurs.

DICE and EA should invite actual players to their events...and jack, flak, and Westin just aren’t enough by themselves. I want gameplay not just commentary over gameplay filled with noobs.

not a skilled gamer = idiot? wtf? you really call people idiots based on the fact that they dont stay in their room all day playing a video game?
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could've been worse

• edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How come the only exstensive gameplay videos I’ve found seem to be done by people who have never played a BF game before? It’s feustrating to watch and I feel like that’s one reason the gameplay looks so slow...it’s being done by amateurs.

DICE and EA should invite actual players to their events...and jack, flak, and Westin just aren’t enough by themselves. I want gameplay not just commentary over gameplay filled with noobs.

not a skilled gamer = idiot? wtf? you really call people idiots based on the fact that they dont stay in their room all day playing a video game?

Considering that they’re actually streamers that DO play video games all day, I think that it’s idiotic that they’re even invited. It’s impossible to gauge how the game will actually flow. They may not be stupid people but if I were to judge their abilities on BF...I’d say that it’s at the level of idiocy.
  • Lethalsaints
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Screw LevelCap. He took money from EA to push the sales of BF4 knowing it was broken for launch. Karma!!