This Week in Battlefield V

Jihad Jeeps might return in BF5.

Comments

• DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it needed? If every map has enough cover for Infantry or space for Aircraft to damage then it is not needed.

Lets not forget that Stationary AT can now be moved too.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back to the topic though... It's pretty cool that you can blow up the house. Enemies camping inside... Blow it up!
  • techblogger911
    20 postsMember Member
    I kind of like Jihadi Jeeps, not only the name but the whole concept lol. Yes, a lot of people hate me for this because I used to overuse this a lot in BF4 :wink:
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back the jeep!!!

yeah! Had tons of fun with jihad jeeps in BF4 :)
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jihad Jeeps with AT mines were the best, no chickening out and bailing last second on those, as once the jeep becomes neutral, the mines go kaboom.

I loved the m2 slam before that, stick it to a vehicle, wait till its taken :D
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its fun, what is wrong with a little fun in video games? Jeep takes out a tank so what. Its the tank's fault for not shooting 1 shell at the jeep.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Question: is there a maximum range from which you can detonate dynamite in bf1?
  • FearNoTears
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What ever makes them cry works for me.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dynamite, c4 whatever shouldnt even be able to do much else than scratch the paint on any tank, softarmor is a different matter. I know its not realistic but for krysake try and tone it Down a bit DICE.
  • snavelaer
    924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only true hypocrite infantry can say these things. C4 jeeps is their revenge on those dreadfull tankers. C4 jeeps are easy, low skill and exremely effective = fun for infantry peasant.
    Although I totally get it why it is 'fun' it is almost impossible to counter = unbalanced gamedesign in my book.
  • AegonBlackfyre21
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hope so. Bf4 was the golden age. I not only want it to stick to jeeps and harley davidson motorcycles, but i want to be able to use it to launch them clear across the map! In bf4 I once saw a guy on the back of bike gracefully soring high in the sky nail a jet with his RPG. FANTASTIC! There were many unique and hilarious times in bf4 that i will remember forever, i cant remember anything like that from bf1.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ya all forgot about c4ing squadmates on to 5 story houses in battlefield 2
  • TwinWoIf
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally hoping they don't.

Tanks are typically more limited assets and not even they can OHK each other, yet you can grab something as widely available (and not nearly as effective on the field) as an sidecar or ATV and basically turn it into a mobile OHK AT mine?
    On top of that, it takes the whole concept of using team play to destroy an armored asset and throws it out of the window.

If they bring it back then at least reduce the damage of mines placed on a friendly or recently exited light transport vehicle so that they don't OHK.
  • KarmaKinetic
    did someone mention C4? :)

• 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LMAO @KarmaKinetic I never seen that one before. I somewhat agree to the "exploiting game mech." for the fun of it, but I also like it to be just a bit authentic so its placing me between 2 chairs. And no Im not talking about going full milsim like ARMA
  • NLBartmaN
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would better fit in with the customizations, so maybe an idea.

When you abandon WW2 battle authentic and decide to go fanatasy, you can just better go all out and make it even more fantasy, then it will fit better together.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Jihad jeeps are a legitimate strategy

In the same way that jet-ramming used to be a 'legitimate' strategy.
    If you are so bad at the game that you have to destroy one of your own vehicles to take out an opponent, then frankly you shouldn't be rewarded. I'm glad that these mechanics weren't included in BF1. It weeds out all the bad players with no skill. :D
  • KarmaKinetic
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »
    LMAO @KarmaKinetic I never seen that one before. I somewhat agree to the "exploiting game mech." for the fun of it, but I also like it to be just a bit authentic so its placing me between 2 chairs. And no Im not talking about going full milsim like ARMA

never saw it either untill someone pointed me to it yesterday :D
    My guess is this was patched out early in the lifespan of BF4 since I never saw this type of thing while playing BF 4.

But it's these sort of crazy actions which made me fall in love with the BF franchise.
    I like the 3D action of the franchise, BF1 felt a bit meh in that department but was still good.
    Hope BFV will be better with crazy actions, and for me that includes jihad jeeps (not perse but I wouldnt mind having them)
  • KarmaKinetic
    edited June 2018
    another one just for sh** and giggles :D

• NLBartmaN
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope BFV will be better with crazy actions, and for me that includes jihad jeeps (not perse but I wouldnt mind having them)

They started off good with the crazy customizations, so your chances of getting a crazy fantasy game are good :wink: