Goodbye sweet spot :D

14567810»

Comments

• Wavey1287
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think BF1 was actually very fair and balanced. At medium to long range, the sniper was very lethal (and could kill in 1 shot only at certain ranges with certain rifles, like ~50-75m for the SMLE) and had a similar time to kill as a shotgun does at extreme close range (1 shot kill at ~0-10m). Time to kill for assault weapons at medium to short range was actually very similar (especially when you consider they are fully automatic), as was time to kill at medium range for medics (especially when you consider they are semi-automatic). It's all balanced and plays well. I know this, because I played every single class to level 50. I never felt it was unfair or unbalanced. Since the sweet spot has been removed from BFV, they will have to tweak some other aspects of gameplay to maintain that balance. My guess, it will mean less scope glare than in BF1. I love playing all classes, so I hope it remains just as balanced in BFV as it is now in BF1.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Wavey1287 wrote: »
    I think BF1 was actually very fair and balanced. At medium to long range, the sniper was very lethal (and could kill in 1 shot only at certain ranges with certain rifles, like ~50-75m for the SMLE) and had a similar time to kill as a shotgun does at extreme close range (1 shot kill at ~0-10m). Time to kill for assault weapons at medium to short range was actually very similar (especially when you consider they are fully automatic), as was time to kill at medium range for medics (especially when you consider they are semi-automatic). It's all balanced and plays well. I know this, because I played every single class to level 50. I never felt it was unfair or unbalanced. Since the sweet spot has been removed from BFV, they will have to tweak some other aspects of gameplay to maintain that balance. My guess, it will mean less scope glare than in BF1. I love playing all classes, so I hope it remains just as balanced in BFV as it is now in BF1.

BF1 was actually the most balanced bolt actions have ever been in a BF game. When looking at player stats, scout is usually still worse performing than assault, medic, and support, but it's not too far off. Playing more aggressively is actually pretty viable as well.

The problem is a lot of players find the sweetspot to be cheap and it also creates inconsistent gameplay where you randomly win a fight with one shot to the chest just because you happened to be a certain distance from the enemy depending on your rifle.

Personally, I can understand why people think it's cheap. I do get annoyed sometimes too when I'm in a firefight with another scout and I die in one shot to the chest while we are trading shots just because he was using a different rifle than me. I also don't think the sweetspot made as big of a difference in my scores overall regardless. I don't stick to the range of my rifle. When I do get a sweetspot kill, it's usually just random luck that I happened to be in that range. So I really don't mind its removal at this point.

I do think the reduction to velocity and massive reduction to non-sweetspot damage in BFV is too much though. I'd rather go back to BF4 bolt action balancing than have rifles that do a max of 60 damage. Of course with BF4 rifle balancing there also was no drag.
  • WorldconTROLL
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    they are also removing random bullet deviation which means most medics assault and support players will need to learn to aim as well, no more randomly doing a 180 and spraying 100 bullets to get those noobstreaks so I guess its an even play field