Article from EA's chief creative explaining to either 'accept women are in the game or don't buy it'

1789101113»

Comments

• disposalist
    8504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So looking at all of the pages, are people upset because their vision of WW2 isn't what they expected?
    Kinda yea. Everyone expected BF V to be serious game about WWII, and what we are going to get is... the game, which can't decide, on what side of history it stands - closer to Wolfenstein or to BF 1942. That kinda makes people uncomfortable, cos they don't really understand, what happens here. We saw a clown fiesta in reveal trailer, but we were suppoused to take that seriously... It's confusing af.
    And the above @MikeManiac61 is a perfect example of the confusion

"Kinda yea" should read "I think so" but even then it's not true.

"Everyone expected" should read "a small minority wanted"

"serious game about WWII" should be followed by "even though none of the previous BFs have been serious (there were UFOs and jetpacks in BF1942)

"the game, which can't decide, on what side of history it stands" is a fun oxymoron. As if "a game" should stand on any side of history. The "side of history" phrase is extracted out of context from a comment a dev made about believing his company's diversity values would prove to be best.

"closer to Wolfenstein or to BF 1942" interesting to throw in BF1942 alongside the obviously over-the-top Wolfenstein as if *that* was fine being whacky and 'just a game' but BF5 is somehow not even though they've said it will be telling a lesser known side of WW2 and would not be the WW2 we have come to expect.

"That kinda makes people uncomfortable" = "it makes me uncomfortable"

"they don't really understand" = "I don't really understand"

"a clown fiesta" = "an unusual combat unit even though it was wholly containing historically real stuff"

"we were suppoused to take that seriously" = "I wanted to take it seriously even though it's a game and a trailer and clearly not intended to be a simulation or a history multi-media tool"

"It's confusing af" = "It's not what I wanted and I will continue to assert that everyone feels the way I do"

Hope that helps.

Now can be get back to the OP?
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So looking at all of the pages, are people upset because their vision of WW2 isn't what they expected?

Kinda yea. Everyone expected BF V to be serious game about WWII, and what we are going to get is... the game, which can't decide, on what side of history it stands - closer to Wolfenstein or to BF 1942. That kinda makes people uncomfortable, cos they don't really understand, what happens here. We saw a clown fiesta in reveal trailer, but we were suppoused to take that seriously... It's confusing af.

If that's all you are bothered about, worry no more!

Devs have made it clear: customization is staying. Women in the game are staying.

Now it's your turn to figure out what that means to you.
  • MissCommissar
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Clowns? Where?

Confusing? It’s clear as day.

I don't know, I sort of remember, there was a red headed women with no arm... Some viking, that threw grenades out... And you know, they took part in WWII aparently. It was really confusing.

Not sure, if it all was there, but if that is not clown fiesta, then I don't know what is.
  • AGAS-UY
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Nailed it. I'll break it down for you:

On one side you have people who argue that if it's based on WW2 it should have SOME BASIC historical realism/authenticity/immesion.

On the other side you have people who argue, that since it's a game, that's not needed at all and that you should just accept it as it is.

I for one would love an option that would cater to both, but you get branded a racist, sexist pig if you even try to go there.

Pick your side.

• EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Hey everyone, I'm closing this thread as it's devolved into an incredibly unproductive conversation of people just arguing with each other.
This discussion has been closed.