Thread to contain discussions who dont really care about customisation settings already inplace

StarscreamUK
6141 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
If you don't care about the customisation, and just want to play the game and enjoy it, I salute you and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    10640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I couldn't care less about it but some people are treating it like the end of the world. Looks like a solid BF game to me, and I'm definitely not letting something as petty as customization ruin my experience in the first full ww2 BF game in well over a decade.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 12
    As i said in previous thread before it got locked: battlefield is a first preson shooter so I just don't get why people care how their character will look like. You can't even see anything besides the arms. And during the game you don't have time to check what cosmetics your allies or enemies wear. Whta's the point?

I mean I know how it is because back in the day I played another MP game called Team Fortress 2 and people went absolutely insane when Valve introduced cosmetic items to the game. Some are still spending ridiculous amounts of money on those. But TF2 is f2p game while bfv is not but also going to have ingame store with cosmetics. i say think twice before giving EA more money as they don't care about diversity or representation at all. Just money.
  • StarscreamUK
    6141 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    I think the ones who are against it, are not bothered what they look like, but more what others have chosen to look like
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the ones who are against it, are not bothered what they look like, but more what others have chosen to look like

I'm almost 100% sure lots of people won't even bother to customize their classes and roll with default ones (if there is a default option). Just like in previous games.
  • SemperFi-HonorNL
    505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I care as in, I wanna know how far I can go :D
  • MHbluey
    723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I care as in, I wanna know how far I can go :D

I'm with you, should be fun, although I won't pay for customisation unless it is incredibly unique in some way
  • herodes87
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Exactly because you even See your Charakter. Its Not a 3rd Person Shooter.
  • plliadidas
    101 postsMember Member
    If you are best squad you do... only thing that really SHOULD matter with it is if you can recognize your enemy but heck if you wanna go historically accurate (even though it was a war crime) both sides dressed up as the other to infiltrate the lines ie how the allies almost lost at the bulge
  • disposalist
    6970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As I've said many times, the only reason I was posting about it so much is how embarrassed I was by the response that left all BF fans looking like trolls, bigots and/or pedants.

If there's no customisation, I'd be fine, but if there is, then some being able to switch it off would make it pointless.
  • Khaotik707
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Don't you think that depends on the levels of customization and what is available? It's just on developers to be responsible, if everything is kept to the theme and doesn't veer into completely outlandish things I don't see why anyone should have a problem there.
  • Gforce81
    3149 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As i said in previous thread before it got locked: battlefield is a first preson shooter so I just don't get why people care how their character will look like. You can't even see anything besides the arms. And during the game you don't have time to check what cosmetics your allies or enemies wear. Whta's the point?

I mean I know how it is because back in the day I played another MP game called Team Fortress 2 and people went absolutely insane when Valve introduced cosmetic items to the game. Some are still spending ridiculous amounts of money on those. But TF2 is f2p game while bfv is not but also going to have ingame store with cosmetics. i say think twice before giving EA more money as they don't care about diversity or representation at all. Just money.

+1 for TF2 reference. I can't believe its been like 12 years since it came out. Probably my #1 favorite shooter of all time. I played it waaaaay back when it came out for the X360; in the "Orange Box" release with Portal 1 and the Half-life games.

Best freaking FPS game ever. Quality slid a bit when they went F2P, but I had plenty of hours in it beforehand.
  • VBALL_MVP
    5478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yes. But that's the cost of choice....some people are going to just be disappointed on the outcome regardless what happens.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    edited June 13
    Gforce81 wrote: »

+1 for TF2 reference. I can't believe its been like 12 years since it came out. Probably my #1 favorite shooter of all time. I played it waaaaay back when it came out for the X360; in the "Orange Box" release with Portal 1 and the Half-life games.

Best freaking FPS game ever. Quality slid a bit when they went F2P, but I had plenty of hours in it beforehand.

It's actually going to turn 11 in October. Definitely one of the best fps game around. I have like 6700 hours in it and would have played it still if Valve hasn't dropped the quality of game itself and patches for it.
  • doctorrocktor
    1149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agree who cares,play and enjoy the game that dice have made,I've been playing since bf1942 and can't wait to play this game.
  • caopei33
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i don't care about the customization but i do care about the number of females in the battle filed. Imagine, there are over 40 female fighter in one map. What a ridiculous scene! EA should put a limit to the number of females in every single match. Just limit it below 20 will be playable.
  • Alphazetamu
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't care except for the possibility about it making factions and classes hard to recognise. This is something that should be fixable however without reducing the customisation options.

Several french YouTubers mentioned that during the discussions after with dice that most people were saying that the colour palette didn't distinguish Brits and Germans enough, so hopefully that's something they'll take on board
  • baroncrovax
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If I have reservations whether customizations alone will be able to support the creation of sufficient new maps post launch, do I post here? Other than that I'm fairly indifferent.

By post launch new maps my reasonable standard of expectations based on previous Battlefields is 1 conquest sized map every 2 months for about 1.5 to 2 years.
  • disposalist
    6970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't care except for the possibility about it making factions and classes hard to recognise. This is something that should be fixable however without reducing the customisation options.

Several french YouTubers mentioned that during the discussions after with dice that most people were saying that the colour palette didn't distinguish Brits and Germans enough, so hopefully that's something they'll take on board
    In interviews since, they have said that distinct colour palette for faction is one thing that will definitely be a consideration in customisations.