Battlefield 5 In flight resupply Concerns

13»

Comments

• SmokeD_BabooN
    447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So can someone enlighten me how resupplying a plane in mid air is any different than COD airstrikes?

Can someone from Dice tell me how was possible THAT a game 20 years ago named BF1942, had airstrips and airports and a game IN 2019 with FRosbite XXX can't?
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe there will be maps with landing strips. Narvik is the only one we have seen so far and it does not have any good space for a landing strip as the map is basically a town surrounded by mountains and water. With some 'creational freedom' they could have made such space of course but then all the armchair historians turn up angry about this abomination and how it breaks their immersion.

I can only repeat what I still think. Have both ways (on maps where it fits) and make it worthwhile to land by giving out more ammo/repair. A bit like supply station vs supplies from support player.
  • Nemesis_Gryphus1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    change the icon for reload ammo for your planes, an idea could be a blimp, witout collision with ammo logo on the side to make it more realistic, but that floating circle in the sky is very ugly.
    like this
    barrage-balloon-vessel-adj.jpg?w=1200

What do you think guys?
  • bloodman0
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    change the icon for reload ammo for your planes, an idea could be a blimp, witout collision with ammo logo on the side to make it more realistic, but that floating circle in the sky is very ugly.
    like this

What do you think guys?

Where is the realism in that..
  • Nemesis_Gryphus1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it is a compromise between landing a plane and have a circle in the sky, visually is better otherwise, those blimps are used during ww2, not for this prupose, but this will make sense in this game
  • snavelaer
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is better than a floating icon, but not as good as a airstrip. ;)
  • trip1ex
    4693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    feels like the fun is/has been slowly coming out of this franchise. I'm already not seeing zany moments in the footage they showed. It's all turned too serious yet more watered down at the same time.

• Nemesis_Gryphus1
    snavelaer wrote: »
    It is better than a floating icon, but not as good as a airstrip. ;)

i remember when i take off from lexinton in midway, good old memories hahah
  • V2Face
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I don’t like the fact that you have to resupply during a strafing run or dog fight expect more players doing kamikaze runs when this happens. Also vs enemy planes is this similar to Mario kart where it’s first come, first serve for pickups? If that’s the case that is the most dumb change they plan on implementing so I will stick to infantry play thanks.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    like this

What do you think guys?

Flying close to an Air Strip would be 10x better. Anything but a dumb icon
  • bloodman0
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No stupid icons. No resupply amidst magical air space. How do you players even justify compounding the decline of this franchise. It's exactly these changes that are ruining the game. For those comparing cod and such. This is and has been a franchise that differs and is distinguished FROM the cod series.. the changes taking away from growth are causing the game to raisin up.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree with the OP, you should at least fly to your uncap to re-arm even if it's though a floating circle...The camping can wait a bit
  • Masqerader
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the same essentially as bf2 and a welcome change.
  • bloodman0
    I would be more acceptable to returning to main base to resupply.. landi ng or not. But no stupid beacon. That's cheesy and childish
  • nightfall1232
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I saw someone who reloads his bombers bombs instantly when he cross the concerns. How can i do that too? mine takes 1-2 min
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The resupply icons could do with being a different colour and bigger