Dice, pls bring back the "pling" sound when making a kill

KarmaKinetic
1140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It was so rewarding!
We need the sound back :)

Comments

• Tullzter
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was so rewarding!
    We need the sound back :)

I agree, i loved that sound ! especially the headshot variant
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you listen carefully you'll notice that the sound is still there but way too quiet. I guess it's because of pre-alpha version.
  • KarmaKinetic
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you listen carefully you'll notice that the sound is still there but way too quiet. I guess it's because of pre-alpha version.

yeah it's way to quiet! :)
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, get rid of this ugly skull and put the sound back.
  • Zviko0
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    Yes, get rid of this ugly skull and put the sound back.

I actually like the skull, could be a bit smaller though. It's easier to tell if it was a headshot or not and I like how they stack up with multiple kills.
  • Ameeba37
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely not.

The sound is annoying. No need for some cash register/slot machine cha-chings.
  • Stormblade31
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd rather not, atleast have the option to turn it off so it's a win-win for everyone. Plus the Headshot sound.
  • disposalist
    7909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Absolutely not.

I lot of people did find it annoying and weird. It was a source of controversy back at the beginning of BF1.
  • Ameeba37
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely not.

I lot of people did find it annoying and weird. It was a source of controversy back at the beginning of BF1.

Yeah I was one of them back then as well. DICE could have just added an option to turn the sound off but nope :/
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've heard that they're going to have the ability to turn the kill notifications sounds on or off ... I'll need to find the exact source, but I heard DannyonPC saying something about this.
  • Robs4o
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah! That rewarding kill sound is awesome IMO...
    I too was talking about that and those ugly COD skulls in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144417/kill-sounds-and-icons
  • Noodlesocks
    1493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was a satisfying sound in Battlefield 1.
  • Vespervin
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely not.

Yeah I was one of them back then as well. DICE could have just added an option to turn the sound off but nope :/

We definitely need the option to turn it off. I don’t like the sound at all.
  • trip1ex
    4008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    new game, new sound.
  • Alphazetamu
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Surely this could be a customisation option that doesn't hurt anyone?
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Robs4o wrote: »
    Yeah! That rewarding kill sound is awesome IMO...
    I too was talking about that and those ugly COD skulls in this thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144417/kill-sounds-and-icons

I'm praying those crappy skulls can be turned off
  • disposalist
    7909 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    I'm praying those crappy skulls can be turned off
    It'd be lovely for everything in the UX to be customisable, but what are the chances?
  • KarmaKinetic

I agree
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don’t know why they don’t give a choice of a few different sounds.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m actually very immature on this I giggle every time I land a headshot and get the satisfaction of a “ping”. Don’t hate me.