PewDiePie addresses Battlefield V

2»

Comments

• AiRJacobs
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    AiRJacobs wrote: »
    MHbluey wrote: »
    See you on the Battlefield in October.

a worn out meme, it's not about how many buy the game at launch, it's about how many stick around to play it for the many months ahead
    I'm undecided right now

Not really. To DICE/EA, it will be the amount of sales.

And for me, there will always be full servers, just like in BF4 and BF1.

I have higher expectations for the franchise, I guess I'll leave it at that before the sanctions hit me

You're not alone. I've been with the franchise for over a decade. They have set the quality bar higher and higher, and it seems as though they can't keep up anymore. I wish Battlefield would take a 5 year break between BFV and the next game (and NOT work on another SWBF in that time, just Battlefield). Give DICE some time to catch up, collect feedback from the community, and really make something revolutionary.

thank you

Sadly enough we're getting Bad Company 3 next year. What is even sadder - Dice LA is working on it.

What is the backing for the "Bad Company 3 being next year" claim? I haven't heard of this. Also, if it is next year, that is terrible. I do not want, nor have I ever wanted an annual Battlefield release. I would rather have 3 year spans between games. Even two years is a bit quick.

"Leaked" by AlmightyDaq. You can belive him or not, but he leaked BF1 good 4 months before any official info with 100% accurate details about maps/ingame mechanics like bayonet charge and game modes Operations+war pigeons. Now he leaked BF2018 saying that it will be in WW2 with tons of customizations. And then he said that 1 year after BF5, we will get Bad Company 3 because right now its in production by Dice LA. So make your own mind on this, but I 99% believe him.

I'll look into it more, but if this is true, this is some strong evidence. I never got into the Bad Company 2 multiplayer because I got BF3 shortly after BFBC2, but I loved the campaign. I can't wait for the return of arguably the best characters of the entire franchise. What would be neat is if DICE got the BFFs to do a cameo in the campaign somewhere. Rather than have the crew voice some generic soldiers in the campaign (like in BF4), actually have THE BFFs squad (from the animated series) appear maybe on a military base, exchanging some banter. Would be a neat easter egg and actually fit the tone of the game, AND somewhat establish the characters as official canon for the Battlefield universe.
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'll look into it more, but if this is true, this is some strong evidence. I never got into the Bad Company 2 multiplayer because I got BF3 shortly after BFBC2, but I loved the campaign. I can't wait for the return of arguably the best characters of the entire franchise. What would be neat is if DICE got the BFFs to do a cameo in the campaign somewhere. Rather than have the crew voice some generic soldiers in the campaign (like in BF4), actually have THE BFFs squad (from the animated series) appear maybe on a military base, exchanging some banter. Would be a neat easter egg and actually fit the tone of the game, AND somewhat establish the characters as official canon for the Battlefield universe.

You have absolutely every right to ask for this. But I have to just say that I cannot stand the "BFF" YouTubers. There's the part about them where they are cartoonish and I wonder if some children are drawn into BF by them in the same way that they put cartoons on chocolate milk and the other obesity epidemic inducing crap that kids buy.

The other thing is they aren't funny. I'm British and we have spilt over the years with lots of fantastic comedy from here and the US. I'm probably a lot older than you which means I have seen loads of great comedy down the years. The Gooons, Spike Milligan, The Two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, Reeves and Mortimer, Eddie Murphy, Will Ferrell, Lee Mack, Rob Brydon. Just loads and loads of great stand-up, sit-coms, films, albums, radio, books, songs etc. BFF are just a few people exploiting the merry-go-round of gaming and YouTube that a lot of younger people are into. Broaden your horizons a bit. "BFF" are just plankton.

Sorry to reply to you in this way about something you are such a big fan of. But I would just like the "BFF" to go away.
  • PkLifeupA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who cares about ****?
  • Skill4Reel
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    So there is a standard way that anything about WW2 should be portrayed? No room for artistic interpretation even in a video game that is full of the developers' art? I wanted to turn this crappy video off after the first two sentences that this guy spoke. You should stop making video suggestions. This one sucked.
    Post edited by Skill4Reel on
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this video hits the nail on the head fairly well as for the constant argument that you see here at the forums.
    The first part is about "The last of us" and gays and then he gets into Battlefield.
    Yeah i think this guy is pretty spot on.
    Bet people here will say that he is a toxic man baby though lol..
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think this video hits the nail on the head fairly well as for the constant argument that you see here at the forums.
    The first part is about "The last of us" and gays and then he gets into Battlefield.

Don't know what his problem is but he seems like a complete gimp. Why's he got all those kiddies toys in that room with him? Just an unworldly, clueless nerd.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »

Don't know what his problem is but he seems like a complete gimp. Why's he got all those kiddies toys in that room with him? Just an unworldly, clueless nerd.

Guess we cant all be as cool as you? :P
  • AiRJacobs
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    So there is a standard way that anything about WW2 should be portrayed? No room for artistic interpretation even in a video game that is full of the developers' art? I wanted to turn this crappy video off after the first two sentences that this guy spoke. You should stop making video suggestions. This one sucked.

Yes. It's history :D :D :D
    However, if you want to do an ALTERNATE history, like Wolfenstein, then go for it. As long as you establish that you aren't trying to accurately display history and what you are doing is entirely fiction, then do whatever you want. DICE on the other hand wouldn't shut up about how "Immersive" and "Authentic" Battlefield V would be. They never claimed that it would be alternate history, just that it was "WWII through Battlefield's lens", how they (DICE) portray the war (kind of how ****.'s treated history). There is no "our portrayal" of WWII. What happened, happened. This whole "oh we are just focusing on the untold stories" isn't a "our portrayal". Those untold stories are still as much as a part of history as the more know stories of the war. History is fact. DICE needs to stop piggybacking off of the "it's untold stories, so we can do whatever we want" excuse. It is not a sound argument. Just call this game what it is: An alternate history of WWII.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He said 'no premium pass' an the subtitles said 'no premium baths' hahah
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You have absolutely every right to ask for this. But I have to just say that I cannot stand the "BFF" YouTubers. There's the part about them where they are cartoonish and I wonder if some children are drawn into BF by them in the same way that they put cartoons on chocolate milk and the other obesity epidemic inducing crap that kids buy.

The other thing is they aren't funny. I'm British and we have spilt over the years with lots of fantastic comedy from here and the US. I'm probably a lot older than you which means I have seen loads of great comedy down the years. The Gooons, Spike Milligan, The Two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, Reeves and Mortimer, Eddie Murphy, Will Ferrell, Lee Mack, Rob Brydon. Just loads and loads of great stand-up, sit-coms, films, albums, radio, books, songs etc. BFF are just a few people exploiting the merry-go-round of gaming and YouTube that a lot of younger people are into. Broaden your horizons a bit. "BFF" are just plankton.

Sorry to reply to you in this way about something you are such a big fan of. But I would just like the "BFF" to go away.

They have sort of gone away now as they've stated that there will be no more BFF videos.
  • warslag

Guess we cant all be as cool as you? :P

You think he is "cool"? What about when he said "the game's journalism is the anti-salesman of diversity to 'normies'". So presumably he is referring to himself as a 'normy' meaning 'normal' which would in turn mean he thinks gay people are 'abnormal'. The video is a **** rant. "these kids, when kids grow-up, everybody's going to be gay - you're going to see a sharp increase in the rate of gay folks". "Nobody reads comics for love stories, OK! They read those steamy novels with Fabio on the front, if they want that". And on, and on.
    ElliotLH wrote: »

They have sort of gone away now as they've stated that there will be no more BFF videos.

That's fantastic news, thanks!
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The irony of the video is palpable. "Cringy", what is more cringy than that guy and his forced laugh?...ugh... I guess Devo has it right, or maybe the movie Idiocracy.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The clickbait business.
  • Allegiance26
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I havent seen much outrage lately with E3 and all the big announcements being made. I dont expect to see another outburst of anger over the whole thing until right before launch when they go full throttle with the marketing. Even then though, I dont think BFV has anything to worry about. This isnt a 1:1 situation with Battlefront 2. The female soldier does not negatively impact anyones wallet, or threaten gameplay beyond someones immersion (just look to any game that is an online service where immersion plays a factor in sales, people still buy silly **** and others ignore it). Battlefront 2 was just poorly designed where not only were you at risk of being hammered by someone with a fatter wallet but the grind to unlock anything worthwhile would be painful. Youre not at risk of that here. Its a visual thing that you can train yourself to ignore if you really want to.

I fully expect the game to sell well and for most of the people stomping their feet over all of this show up in the forums with BF5 tags on the day of release.
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who gives a **** what he has to say about bf. He does not play it like that