Bringing back Behemoths and Elite classes

lorenzburg
11 postsMember Member
As far as I know this game won't feature neither behemoths or elite classes, tell me if I'm wrong.

Behemoths are a great idea to turn the tide of the battle, especially the elite classes kits proved to be better than some other behemoths such as the airship (on Operations I remember that generally they couldn't last more than 5 minutes), but this time in WW2 DICE could choose between armoured trains, heavy tanks (King Tiger, ISU-152, IS-2, M26 Pershing, ...), elite classes kits, battleships and aircraft carriers (maybe exclusively for pacific maps).

Elite classes, they are something that was not bad, they were very useful and I don't get why they removed them, I believe that they should be also part of BFV:
- Flamethrower : I think that it is ok as it is in BF1
- Sentry: the Sentry is not ok for BFV, I would change it to a "Commando" unit with silenced guns, explosives and able to deploy traps (for infantry and/or vehicles). I think this class should benefit of a "silence" bonus
- Trench Raider: of course this won't suit BFV, I would change it to a "Officer" unit armed with an SMG and pistol, able to call for artillery strikes and smoke barrages and using binoculars
- Tank Hunter: I would only rework it giving him an AT rocket launcher (Panzerschreck/Bazooka), AT grenades and AT mines
- Infiltrator: changing it to a "Frogman", of course it would only be available in maps near sea/lakes or in sea battles (that could be a nice game mode! Remaking battles in the Atlantic, Malta, Coral Sea and Leyte Gulf!), this class will be able to keep under water longer and could be equipped with explosives for ships and other "classic" explosives (demolition charges?). I find this class pretty interesting because you could be able to sneak through the enemy lines under water without being spotted or directly shot if you're really swimming deeply in water!

What do you think?

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    4634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Behemoths very rarely turned any game.
    Not a fan of rewarding teams for losing a game.

Elites were not needed either.

I'm glad they won't feature in the next game.

Behemoths were nerfed and the teams that got them didn't spot very well to begin with, which is in part why they were losing so them suddenly spotting for the behemoth to make it useful wasn't going to happen.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I thought the Behemoth's were really, really cool, but they were also quite aggravating at times. I really don't want to see them make a return in Battlefield V.
  • lorenzburg
    11 postsMember Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Behemoths very rarely turned any game.
    Not a fan of rewarding teams for losing a game.

Elites were not needed either.

I'm glad they won't feature in the next game.

Some behemoths really were cannon fodder (airships above all), but others such as the armoured trains, heavy tank and elite kits in most of my games proved to be succesful (both maps in conquest and operations), I'm talking about the PS4, I have no idea if on PC the trends are different.

Instead, I think that Elites help to diversify some matches, and I must admit that I had much fun playing as them. Especially in some maps they really help you achieving the conquest of a bunker/trench/building.

Anyway, if the losing team is full bad players, even 10 behemoths all together won't make them win the match.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that all those things make the battles more enjoyable.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hell no.
  • warslag
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 13
    I hate Behemoths but at the same time BF can get a bit boring so I don't mind having something I don't like if it keeps things interesting.
  • snavelaer
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would rather see Behemoths return like in Heligoland (turning tides dlc)
    Big vehicles for both sides. A one time spawn only and not repairable.

Made a thread about it.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/143750/concept-heavy-support-vehicles#latest
  • GrizzGolf
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I actually liked Behemoths
  • Noodlesocks
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't want behemoths but I would like to see large vehicles come back like the battleships and destroyers from BF1942 and 1. Generally I just want to see really good naval warfare come back to the Battlefield franchise.
  • ashar_saleem121
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would advocate for special weapon pickups such as a heavy anti-tank gun of some sort, flame thrower etc. No increased health.

In short, similar to BF4.
  • trip1ex
    2698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They are too cheap and mindless. Do we need humans controlling these things?

Anyway they replaced elites with V2 rockets etc. Only the SL can use the stuff though.
  • Draxonfly
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I would like to see behemoths return, they are quite fun to fight with or fight against. Its some of the only times you see a whole team work together using them or taking them out.
    I thought they where a great idea and added to the game, sad to see them go...
  • foff667
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    no no no no no!!!! I truely believe the squad commander will be what will help bring a team back or make the rule a game. Behemoths were and still are a joke. I've seen maybe 3 comeback victories due to a behemoth, if you could even say that, its usually when its like 550-450 and the team with 450 just took possession of 4 of 6 flags and the other team just magically starts playing better or our team just forgets how to play. I've never seen a 550-150 lead come back from due to a behemoth lol, those teams just end up loosing 1000-200.
  • V2Face
    2401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No one likes participation trophies. The losing team should not be given a second chance, hand holding in my matches 9/10 never changed the outcome. It just allows terrible players the ability to farm kills for the remaining 5 minutes of a blowout. Elite kits were ok good players could stay alive forever with them and bad players would usually die immediately when given the chance, extra armor does not make you invulnerable to sustained weapon fire.
  • von_Campenstein
    4634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    No one likes participation trophies. The losing team should not be given a second chance, hand holding in my matches 9/10 never changed the outcome. It just allows terrible players the ability to farm kills for the remaining 5 minutes of a blowout. Elite kits were ok good players could stay alive forever with them and bad players would usually die immediately when given the chance, extra armor does not make you invulnerable to sustained weapon fire.

When the scoring system is so poorly done that there seldom is a comeback from being down without them I see them having a place, problem being they could not fire their own flares so many times they were blind and mostly useless.
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 14
    i loved the behemoths and the elite classes. nothing felt cooler then running around and mowing people down with a flame throw while team mates healed me and worked together as we pushed up on maps. The behemoths were cool as well, in the right hands helped gain some ground and have come back for the win. I could care less if they actually helped a team, i just thought it was a cool solution to people wanting a controllable air ship instead of one that ran on rails like in the past battlefield games. With part 5, having a air ship or a train may not be that cool but the mega tank was great and so was the giant ship. I'd love to see at least the mega ship return or the mega tank. They may not be for everyone, but for me it just added to the game for more options to take someone out, like the horses. I rather have things stay and grow then to take the content away. I'd take horses, blimps, ships anyday over silly customized chicks with jason mask and ninja suits.