Bringing back Behemoths and Elite classes

Comments

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoths were a bad idea.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield V will be a better game if it did not included Behemoths and Elite classes as it leads to a worse overall player experience and makes it difficult to balance.

How do you balance such elements of a game which are meant to be overpowered? If a good player gets hold of the elite class, they would annihilate the other team and have a squad that keeps him alive. Well then nerf it, but then the noobs complain that the elite class is not powerful enough. All in all creating something which gives one or a few people such power is firstly not enjoyable for the rest of the team, secondly it leads to the whole map being sometimes designed around that Behemoths and not about the basic gameplay.

Over all behemoths and elite classes do not add to the fun of all players but only to a few selected and therefore should not be added into Battlefield V.
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Isn't the new scorestreak for squads replacing the behemoths/elite kits? There will be special tanks, missiles, special equipment (?) ... only this time it will reward the squads who are playing good, no matter if they are on the winning or loosing side.
    I'm afraid of what this will do to balance, but, at least on paper, it seems like a fairer evolution of the behemoth/elite kits.
  • Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Behemoths were a bad idea, Elite classes was in some ways a fix to the weapon pick up problem in BF4 where so many of those were useless (in the DLCs those pickups got better), but wasn't quite right either. I'd rather they Elites not return, try something else IMO.
  • olavafar
    2028 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Elites (or power pickups BF style), no thanks.

Behemoths, well if done right yes. But I'd like them different. Driver shall have no weapon or at least not a long range one. Its primary purpose shall not be to balance a game but to break a spawn trap and at least make the rest of the round enjoyable. Also if the BF4 ticket system is used this might be a way to turn a game which started bad just because of some kind of uneven start. It could be made A LOT harder to destroy but also A LOT less capable of kills. Maybe almost only a 'safe' transport.
  • MLDBubbles2143
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Something similar to the TITAN in Battlefield 2142

• Thumper2671
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Behemoth's and Elite only fit a WW1 style game. The tank, train, ship and zeppelin were all very real, versus WW2, only the ship would fit, most countries stopped using zeppelins for combat, the idea of "super tanks" was mostly abandoned, trains were extremely vulnerable to CAS and tracks being destroyed. And the elite class idea is just horrible, most people grabbed the class and camped with medics and supports nearby. If anything, I could see battleships on some maps being one of those squad rewards, where it's stationary and each squad member gets to use one of the guns.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    No, why for the life of me did Dice try reward bad team work and punish players who have worked hard to get the flags is beyond me.

Did you not read the post above yours? It rewarded the winning team with a pinata to party around.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I also do not want a bomber that takes away 4 slots from my team. The HV bomber gunner positions were a waste of three good flag cappers and were almost as worthless as losing 5 people to a Behemoth that took 5 slots out and could not cap flags. Behemoths were a bad gimmick that rarely turned the tide of the battle and were basically a change up of a boring game that was a one sided stomp.
  • Arashenstein
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Noo just noooo get the hell out go play codfield1

No all caps posts, please. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most annoying thing about behemoths, that sometimes we wouldn't even be whooping the the team's that bad. They would come in from a 150 ticket difference.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The behemoths were a good idea that got ruined by DICE knee jerking and completely ruining the conquest scoring system after the beta.
    Elite kits were fun but I like the idea where Battlefield V is making most of these rare and powerful weapons earned through good squad play.
  • Colt_Seavers009
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wont miss them. But I loved that ONE time we were losing so bad our train came in, then magically my team grew a brain and we came back to win by ONE point! But that had a lot to do with me driving the train, camping a flag, and laying down fire on choke points without spotting aid.

I also loved being the only guy with balls to go AT attack mode on the trains and make back to back suicide runs right at it to drop it faster before any comebacks could be made. Helps when guys like me dont care about KD and just play to win the round.
  • crusam7
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No i hate them especialy the Behemoths, kill if you have skill and dont use this **** it kill experience of others
  • RRedux
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really, really hope they abandon the whole behemoth crutch system in bf5.

Also, EA being EA, they will probably have some "special crutch classes", but I sure hope they keep it to a bare minimum.

Special weapon pickups that don't give superduplex armor is ok I guess, at least that was a regular thing in earlier bf games too.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Weapons like flamethrowers antitank guns radio guys for artillery strikes should be brought into the game. Chests you can find and use for a limited time.

Flame thrower with a cylinder that lasts for 3 minutes of real time usage set on gallons.

Backpack radios have a charge for 4 coordinates

Antitank gun with 15 shots

Once you run out of ammo, fuel or power they
    can not be resupplied and are immediately discarded and your character goes back to the class your spawned in with. There could be other ideas of in game perks but those 3 are pretty good and could turn the tide of a single objective
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Behemoths very rarely turned any game.
    Not a fan of rewarding teams for losing a game.

Elites were not needed either.

I'm glad they won't feature in the next game.

I didn't like elites at all, I don't want people running around that don't die when shot because they have a big gun. It's almost like they were testing making people into vehicle classes to see if battlefield could survive without vehicles. It probably would have gone over really well in hardline or something.

The behemoths though, yea they didn't ever really swing a losing game into a win most of the time.... but what they DID do was take an obvious base camp where the losing team would normally have just left the server, destroying it, and gave that team a way to have fun instead of spawn into spawncamps. The blimp falling on the field was absolutely cool, even after years. Not a gamechanger, but "rewarding a team for losing the game" is nowhere near correct... no one is ever TRYING to lose to get a behemoth, it is NOT a reward, it is simply an incentive to not abandon the game.

Sure, maybe the losing team doesn't DESERVE to have it, but it's a videogame where the losing team should at least be having FUN. Behemoths are 100x better than being basecamped until the losing team dashboards.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No battlepickups and no extras at all, play with what you got and what yout teammates can supply you with. If someone at DICE grown a brain the mapdesign will not allow baserape at main.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Hortey wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Behemoths very rarely turned any game.
    Not a fan of rewarding teams for losing a game.

Elites were not needed either.

I'm glad they won't feature in the next game.

I didn't like elites at all, I don't want people running around that don't die when shot because they have a big gun. It's almost like they were testing making people into vehicle classes to see if battlefield could survive without vehicles. It probably would have gone over really well in hardline or something.

The behemoths though, yea they didn't ever really swing a losing game into a win most of the time.... but what they DID do was take an obvious base camp where the losing team would normally have just left the server, destroying it, and gave that team a way to have fun instead of spawn into spawncamps. The blimp falling on the field was absolutely cool, even after years. Not a gamechanger, but "rewarding a team for losing the game" is nowhere near correct... no one is ever TRYING to lose to get a behemoth, it is NOT a reward, it is simply an incentive to not abandon the game.

Sure, maybe the losing team doesn't DESERVE to have it, but it's a videogame where the losing team should at least be having FUN. Behemoths are 100x better than being basecamped until the losing team dashboards.

Sounds like your argument is a big giant contradiction.

It definitely does not change the battle most of the time nor I'd argue some the base argument you presented.

Incentive,reward,prize,gift etc you can interchange these words. It still means the same thing. They all get something for sucking
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only "elite kit"/special role which makes sense in teamplay promoting design in this game.
    Squad leader is going to be new "elite kit".