Bringing back Behemoths and Elite classes

Comments

• marcanthony421
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Leave them in bf1. Dont give noobs anything to be more annoying with. No extra protection that takes half a team to shoot down. It distracts the winning team at best and makes their victory less enjoyable.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Behemoths were cool at first but got annoying after a while, so I say no to them.

Elites were fine though. They were fun to use and really weren't that hard to kill, so I'd be okay with them returning in a new form.
  • TheFrankSinatra
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    lol, so the ultra leet players that played the Alpha didn't like getting killed by noobs...guess what. 90% of the rest of the player base probably liked it. I see complaining about some of the most basic things that make the game more fair when you are on a bad team. If behemoths didn't usually make the other team win, then..whats the problem ? Take away commander mode, take away behemoths, take away elites, lets just take away vehicles lol

Amazing. This makes the game more boring, less fair, and will allow squads to run around and dominate and noob players will get owned and quit and hate it. Great job dice. Completely stupid. and I still will have no commander mode to help a bad team..as I don't play in squads but happen to be pretty good..so I am always trying to help a bad team and now there is almost NOTHING that will do that in this game. This looks to be the worst bf game since BF3. (which had no commander mode, no squad voip, so squads that play with each other a lot could dominate while the other team couldn't get coordinated or do anything.)

Not impressed at all with the Alpha, and it feels pretty disappointing with constantly taking stuff away dude to complainers. Give people the OPTION to do things...makes it more interesting for everyone...game will be more boring and less interesting now. Genius.
  • Noodlesocks
    2502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should bring back extra large vehicles but they should be treated like regular vehicles like the L-Class destroyer from BF1 or the aircraft carriers and submarines in BF1942.

Battlefield pickups should still be a part of the game but they shouldn't get the health buffs that they did in BF1.
  • bran1986
    5494 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They should bring back extra large vehicles but they should be treated like regular vehicles like the L-Class destroyer from BF1 or the aircraft carriers and submarines in BF1942.

Battlefield pickups should still be a part of the game but they shouldn't get the health buffs that they did in BF1.

They are kind of doing that with the squad points.
  • azelenkin0306
    542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Elites and Behemoths in Operations help to push, even with a **** team. They make rounds more interesting, less predictable and give at least some sort of chance to a losing team. Without them most of rounds would have finished in the 1st sector thanks to great Team Balancing and **** teamplay

And FFS, they’re not OP and pretty well balanced. Except maybe Sentry with Villar Perosa. In the more or less skilled hands it’s pretty strong

Elites in small gamemodes: definitely no. Can be easily abused by any player

Elites and Behemoths in CQ: don’t know - I don’t play Conquest.

Summary: keep them in Operations, but remove from other modes

Thanks
  • d1ea
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Behemonths and elites are one of the reasons i dont like bf1. Hope we never see them again.
  • SirBobdk
    3872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    d1ea wrote: »
    Behemonths and elites are one of the reasons i dont like bf1. Hope we never see them again.
    Agree in some way. Behemonths are fine as long as both sides have them. Elite don't belong in a BF game. I dont mind the weapons but they should have same health as any onther class.
  • CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please for the love of god remove elite classes and behemoths completely from battlefield. They make the game wayyyy too casual and unfair. If you are losing then you should lose, simple as that.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please for the love of god remove elite classes and behemoths completely from battlefield. They make the game wayyyy too casual and unfair. If you are losing then you should lose, simple as that.

Behemoths are meh but there should be some kind of way to help the losing team get back into the fight or at the very least break out of their main basecamp.

Maybe something as simple as a plane parachute spawn like in the beginning of Grand Operations if a team loses every flag and gets pushed back into their main spawn. This would be great to get the losing team some space and take a couple flags back.

ROFLstomp matches are no fun for the losers or the winners. The real fun comes with a competitive back and forth close match.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2018
    Maybe something as simple as a plane parachute spawn like in the beginning of Grand Operations if a team loses every flag and gets pushed back into their main spawn. This would be great to get the losing team some space and take a couple flags back.
    I've had this idea too - adding parachute drops for a base camped team. I don't think giving the losing team an OP weapon/vehicle is the answer but I have no problem with an indestructible plane (on rails, not player controlled) that would fly across the map and people parachute out (similar to how pubg matches start.) I think it would really help when a team is being base camped. 1 problem, though, is figuring out what can be done on infantry only maps.
    Post edited by x_Undaunted_x on
  • RRedux
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, is it really true that there will be no "elite" classes and behemoths in bf5? I almost can't believe they are willing to give up the crutch mechanics.

Makes me worry what sort of new crutch will be added :< No such thing as a free lunch with EA.
  • TamKingski
    1729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While i wouldnt say no to behemoths and elite classes staying in the BF series,what i really want is the return of Levolution,i thought it was a great way to change up the map and required a different approach when attacking flags once triggered.

Im hoping ps5 will have the power/processing needed to allow for a big return for Levolution in the bf series in the future.
  • CodaciousMan
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Behemoths are meh but there should be some kind of way to help the losing team get back into the fight or at the very least break out of their main basecamp.

ROFLstomp matches are no fun for the losers or the winners. The real fun comes with a competitive back and forth close match.

this is a great idea for a comeback mechanic that is not frustrating for the winning team. I agree ROFL stomp matches are no fun for anyone.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    edited August 2018
    TamKingski wrote: »
    While i wouldnt say no to behemoths and elite classes staying in the BF series,what i really want is the return of Levolution,i thought it was a great way to change up the map and required a different approach when attacking flags once triggered.

Im hoping ps5 will have the power/processing needed to allow for a big return for Levolution in the bf series in the future.

I still remember them first showing the skyscraper coming down and my jaw hitting the floor with it. That blew my mind. The smoke filling the map after was terrible and kind of ruined it (same with Oman) but I would welcome new Levolution if it was done better.
  • RRedux
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

The Levelution thing is cool, I'd like to see that again.

100% no on behemoths and Elite classes though. It should have stayed as a gimmick for Operations, but has no place in conquest.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Behemoths and elites are some of the most awful things BF1 has to offer. In the name of all that's holy I hope that neither of them will never ever make a return.

99% of the time behemoths did not help the losing team to make a comeback. If anything it made the situation even worse by having so many people inside them being useless.

While being useless the behemoths managed to be extremely annoying to the winning team in terms of explosive spam from air, sea and land. I particularly enjoyed being blown up out of nowhere by some K/D padding skrub in the dreadnought.

Elites aren't quite as bad but awful nevertheless. A way for even the worst of players to get kills and feel like they're good at the game. A theme very prominent in BF1 unfortunately.

You forgot to add “in my opinion” as I certainly dont agree with you.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Behemoths and elites are some of the most awful things BF1 has to offer. In the name of all that's holy I hope that neither of them will never ever make a return.

99% of the time behemoths did not help the losing team to make a comeback. If anything it made the situation even worse by having so many people inside them being useless.

While being useless the behemoths managed to be extremely annoying to the winning team in terms of explosive spam from air, sea and land. I particularly enjoyed being blown up out of nowhere by some K/D padding skrub in the dreadnought.

Elites aren't quite as bad but awful nevertheless. A way for even the worst of players to get kills and feel like they're good at the game. A theme very prominent in BF1 unfortunately.

You forgot to add “in my opinion” as I certainly dont agree with you.

It must suck to be wrong then
  • extremedavo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MHbluey wrote: »
    just no, simply a crutch that punishes successful play, another reason I've played much less BF1 than earlier games

Exactly this. All these crutches artificially interrupted quality team play and suppressed individual talent. Never again.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't really mind the elite classes. They're pretty easy to deal with tbh.

I'm not a fan of behemoths though. Especially when the round is relatively close and it gives an easy winning advantage to the losing team. It was especially bad on the Lupkow Pass shock op where the behemoth could easily lead an attacking team from sector 1 all the way to the last sector. They can also be bad for the losing team when a players that would be more useful on the objective are sitting inside of the behemoth farming kills instead of attempting to fight back for objectives.

I think the only thing I like about behemoths is sniping players out of the gondolas.