Bringing back Behemoths and Elite classes

12346»

Comments

• James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No stop depending on crutch kits. Thats the problem with a bf1. There is so much garbage in the game to help a player just stand on his own 2 feet. Skillful players get checked a lot for playing well. Artillary, scrubs camping in the bottom of forest and grappa with a flame kit and they were going 0-23 beforehand. There are tons and tons of crutches on bf1...have a dose of " get freaking gud " and stop looking for crutches that give you this delusional perspective that makes you think your gud when your really not....skill will be needed in this ulcomming game. Either your going to rek or get rekt...

Christ who pissed in your cornflakes? Sounds to me like you keep getting destroyed by them.. elites are easy to overcome, they are just a target.

Don’t mean to be rude man, just saying.

It’s rare to find someone who’s actually good whilst using an elite kit, the flame trooper with a medic train though.. I see what you mean they can be a pain.
  • DingoKillr
    3506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yamato, Bismarck, Hood or Missouri battling it out on maps like Hegioland Bight would be great.

Even having Flametroopers on a Conquest Assault pacific beach landing would be cool.
  • bran1986
    5648 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The elite kits are easily countered and a lot of fun which is apparently against the rules and everything has to be HARDCORE.
  • plliadidas
    124 postsMember Member
    Problem with elite kits was just the health boost and in some maps where they had too many of them. Behemoths were kind of cool but just got annoying over time.
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rainkloud wrote: »

Given the advantages and disadvantages and taking into account the theme of the game I would propose the following:

Provide a team that is losing by a large amount with a modest boost to their capabilities for a fixed duration. This can take the form of an added vehicle spawn (extra tank or plane) and/or reduced spawn times (say 25% less) for infantry and vehicles. The reduced spawn time also has the interesting benefit of potentially speeding up defeat (mercifully) for a badly losing team by increasing the rate which they are fed into the kill machine the opposing team has setup. These boosts do not conflict with the game theme by introducing super soldiers or over the top and out of place super vehicles.

However, in order to retain the benefits of the lopsided games these boosts would only be given sometimes. Let's say if the game is lopsided that the reinforcements would only be given in 50% of games. There would be a nice high quality and motivating voice over from the radio operator that HQ is deploying additional resources to help you recover followed by an exact explanation on screen of what those bonuses were. The currently winning team would receive delayed notification of enemy reinforcements about a minute later.

This way, lopsided games with no changes to the game dynamics would still exist. I think this solution gives much needed variety to the game and balances the needs and desires of the wide ranging player base most effectively.
    I would request something like: everytime a team gets behind by 250, they spawn extra transport vehicles in their spawn.
    I'm not sure if that's severe enough to change the tide, but there will always be chances to come back in a bleed system.

I thought the same thing back in bf3. Instead of giving the players who capped c flag the c130 air drop and lav... give it to any team that falls far behind (150 tickets +) or gets all their flags capped.
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They should bring back extra large vehicles but they should be treated like regular vehicles like the L-Class destroyer from BF1 or the aircraft carriers and submarines in BF1942.

Battlefield pickups should still be a part of the game but they shouldn't get the health buffs that they did in BF1.

Everyone complains about snipers and shotties and how they should OHK people so make sniper rifles and shotguns be strong but be only battle pickups. Then the recon class can be a real recon class instead of a sniper class sitting on a hillside doing nothing.
  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    lorenzburg wrote: »
    As far as I know this game won't feature neither behemoths or elite classes, tell me if I'm wrong.

Behemoths are a great idea to turn the tide of the battle, especially the elite classes kits proved to be better than some other behemoths such as the airship (on Operations I remember that generally they couldn't last more than 5 minutes), but this time in WW2 DICE could choose between armoured trains, heavy tanks (King Tiger, ISU-152, IS-2, M26 Pershing, ...), elite classes kits, battleships and aircraft carriers (maybe exclusively for pacific maps).

Elite classes, they are something that was not bad, they were very useful and I don't get why they removed them, I believe that they should be also part of BFV:
    - Flamethrower : I think that it is ok as it is in BF1
    - Sentry: the Sentry is not ok for BFV, I would change it to a "Commando" unit with silenced guns, explosives and able to deploy traps (for infantry and/or vehicles). I think this class should benefit of a "silence" bonus
    - Trench Raider: of course this won't suit BFV, I would change it to a "Officer" unit armed with an SMG and pistol, able to call for artillery strikes and smoke barrages and using binoculars
    - Tank Hunter: I would only rework it giving him an AT rocket launcher (Panzerschreck/Bazooka), AT grenades and AT mines
    - Infiltrator: changing it to a "Frogman", of course it would only be available in maps near sea/lakes or in sea battles (that could be a nice game mode! Remaking battles in the Atlantic, Malta, Coral Sea and Leyte Gulf!), this class will be able to keep under water longer and could be equipped with explosives for ships and other "classic" explosives (demolition charges?). I find this class pretty interesting because you could be able to sneak through the enemy lines under water without being spotted or directly shot if you're really swimming deeply in water!

What do you think?

Originally I HATED the idea of elite classes. But thankfully they nuanced them and made them counter-able with stabbing, charging, or just team shooting. Making them a pick up on the map was also good. They ended up not being a huge balancing problem and super obnoxious which is good.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game as long as they remain counter-able and not just a cheap free kill/no skill machines.
  • Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    An interesting idea, but at the same time it is poorly implemented on some maps and often just results in lazy players from a lazy team camping inside another vehicle that they didn't earn. I like the Elite Kits though. I love the Trench Raider and I have at some point enjoyed the other kits too. However I do not want to see any of them return in BFV. I wouldn't mind special pick ups like in BF4.
  • Foot_Elite_Tomei
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I want deathstreaks: if I die three consecutive times, I will drop self-detonating grenade once killed and until avenged. When I die fifth time, I will be granted with sonic boom perk which doubles explosive blast radius and damage.
  • CptMIFF
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. No comeback for Behemoth please.
    Its a weird idea.
  • SlowTimez
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problem with elite kits I think to me they are fun to kill but I see behemoths are very useless to have