Batllefield V Has A Giant Whale

Vespervin
1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Good video with a bunch of details.

Comments

• DingoKillr
    3392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Norway's favorite food.
  • opsis_1
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously whale need bigger boat and turned away.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Norway's favorite food.

You cynical **** xD
  • Sir-Praise-a-lot
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    He's got a point about the spotting flare. Maybe instead of showing enemies on the minimap like usual they could make the whole spotting circle getting tinted red if there are enemies inside for just some vague information.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still miss the showing up on mini map when you fire a gun.
  • FearNoTears
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    He's got a point about the spotting flare. Maybe instead of showing enemies on the minimap like usual they could make the whole spotting circle getting tinted red if there are enemies inside for just some vague information.
    I stop watching when the crying began.
  • FELT-Z___BRANN
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Smoked whale meat is nice. Tastes like roast beef.
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the flare should act like a snapshot of static points, much like the callout spotting.

Or at least only be briefly 'live' then be static and the static points disappear when it goes out.

Would hurt campers and be less imbalancing for the more observant and mobile players.
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    I am glad they removed that. Constant looking on the minimap of bf4 and not on the screen.

So the flare is now available to more classes? Oh dear. So the classes going to look the same. Watered down. Please say I am wrong?
    Keep the flare to the recon.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »

I do not.

Minimap simulator isn't a very riveting experience

It was not that bad and had a way to counter it, it made the game more tactical with more cat and mouse type encounters, shoot then move, as long as it only shows while you are firing and not after then it is ok.

That flare though I agree is too much, flanking is gonna be non existent as everyone will see where everyone is.
    I think the flare should act like a snapshot of static points, much like the callout spotting.

Or at least only be briefly 'live' then be static and the static points disappear when it goes out.

Would hurt campers and be less imbalancing for the more observant and mobile players.

That sounds like a good compromise.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would be fine if it just showed the location every 3sec not in real time.

I hated the commander in bf4 and that you where on the minimap all the time.

I don't mind that you show up on the map when you fire an unsupressed weapon IF you have the option to use a supressor.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Who the hell cares about those easter eggs? Cant they just work on the game instead of those useless features?
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Something definitely needs to be done about the Flare Gun. It is way too powerful in its current state.

I was unaware that you no longer show up on the map when shooting an un-silenced weapon. I welcome this change.
  • JAREDUP
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

In the Dishonored universe whales are food and provide energy to the city lol
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who the hell cares about those easter eggs? Cant they just work on the game instead of those useless features?

Some people enjoy hunting easter eggs. Every BF game has had a dedicated thread where several people search for them so it's not like this is something new for DICE.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The flare is absurd. Massive crutch.
  • Vespervin

Some people enjoy hunting easter eggs. Every BF game has had a dedicated thread where several people search for them so it's not like this is something new for DICE.

I hope something as awesome as the Phantom Program from Battlefield 4 returns. I had a lot of fun earning the Phantom Bow.
  • AegonBlackfyre21
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cool......but i wish that they had spent the time wasted on the whale on developing a better air combat system instead.
  • pest174
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

I hope something as awesome as the Phantom Program from Battlefield 4 returns. I had a lot of fun earning the Phantom Bow.

Hahaha. I hated that assignment every step of the way. Especially trying to find those tiny white boxes in snow covered maps. The worst. That's why I didn't bother with BF1's Morse code Easter eggs. :s