Weekly Debrief

Is Battlefield V going to be the first Battlefield game to have loud enough vehicles?

BlindChance
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I always found vehicle engines to be too quiet for what they are. Also in most Battlefield games if there is no one in the driver seat, the vehicle stays quiet whilst the gunner can magically use the turrent. Is this going to change or we will contine to have stealth tanks in Battlefield games?

Comments

• disposalist
    8591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 2018
    I always found vehicle engines to be too quiet for what they are. Also in most Battlefield games if there is no one in the driver seat, the vehicle stays quiet whilst the gunner can magically use the turrent. Is this going to change or we will contine to have stealth tanks in Battlefield games?
    Hmm never thought about it. It's true, they should be loud pretty much all the time and that would and should have a definite in-game effect, not just be cosmetic.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You'd surprised how easily vehicles and sneak up on you in IRL.

IRL and your walking down the street in the city with lots of noise pollution from cars, you can't distinguish which cars behind you are close to you or in the distance. It's not that they are stealthy its just how it is IRL and it is nicely transferred into the game.

During training we had Abram Tanks that were 200meters away full throttle and you couldn't hear them unless the exhaust was pointed in your direction.

In an all out
  • cameldung
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In a Simulator the real volume works, because you have very quiet moments and then short moments that are very loud.
    In Battlefield, with all its action, it would be too much.
    I just hope they will make the vehicles loud enough that you can always hear them. It was really annoying when a tank drove up to you from behind and tip you on the shoulder before you heard him.
    As said in another thread, in postscriptum the planes flying overhead sound amazing and I would love to see that in battlefield too.
  • snavelaer
    904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The tracks should rattle and squeak under the heavy weight of a tank. In MOH; Airborne this was done amazingly well.

Post Scriptum nailed the flyby sound. However their grass color, trees aren't anything like the Dutch countryside. To dark grass, to many ferns and pinetrees in that game. Can't have it all I guess.