Infinite Loading Screen

Claypole1
376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anybody else seeing the return of this old Battlefield bug? You join a server and it says “Loading” but never actually loads. The only way out is to close the application and reload it.

I wouldn’t mind so much if it didn’t take such a long time to find a server without a queue, or even rarer, a game that isn’t stupidly one sided...

Comments

• IM_A_BLIND_KID
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes happens all the time you’re not the only one. It’s just another bug in a never ending bugglefield 1
    Post edited by IM_A_BLIND_KID on
  • ElliotLH
    8206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not had that one for a while. I've had a few other bugs recently though so I'm not surprised.
  • Claypole1
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought they might have fixed it with the latest update, but no. 5gb of downloads and it still happens...
  • Gokhan1247
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i have it too
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    it happens to me after the end of the round, it never loads the next maps, and if I try to quit, the same, infinite quitting screen, have to close the app every time.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    same here,playing OP is horrible now.
  • MyBhole69420
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I call it the soft freeze.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    It happened to me too, the case was I was 149 and every time, I was getting that glitched xp progress bar, so I thought was related to that, what I did was swap to the highlights tab (R1 once) immediately and it worked, a few times got kicked from the server, no black screen freeze though. Now I'm 150 and is working fine, so I don't know if they fix it or is related to the progress on the xp bar glitch. That is how it was for me.
  • Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    How can we go about finding if the devs are aware of this issue? It doesn't seem to affect every player but reports from all platforms are scattered around.

Having to close the app after every round is............ Some what, frustrating.
    Post edited by Prep768 on
  • FHTgames
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It’s happeing to me very frequently when I either enter or leaver a match of Shock Operations. Also, the loading after the little video briefing you the sectors sometimes takes way too long. I have a lunch PS4 and that loading sometimes take 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Claypole1
    The issue is getting worse. It used to only happen when I first join a server, now it also happens after I’ve played a few rounds and established myself on a decent server.

I don’t know if it’s been reported on here, but do the devs care what’s said on here?
  • uglydognuts
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After every round I have to close the app and open it again. Nothing but black screen with a spinning wheel.
  • Prep768
    3430 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So, might be a work around for ya

End of round - don't vote, wait for progress bar to popup, go straight to stats (r2 twice), wait for continue

Works for me, after a whole weekend of restarting app after each round, fun times

Hope this helps
  • IM_A_BLIND_KID
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    The issue is getting worse. It used to only happen when I first join a server, now it also happens after I’ve played a few rounds and established myself on a decent server.

I don’t know if it’s been reported on here, but do the devs care what’s said on here?

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but the devs don't care anymore....they're fully focused on BF5 and fixing the endless amount of bugs that game will launch with just like the last 5 battlefields. And please nobody lecture me about battlefield had zero bugs blah blah blah because ive been playing battlefield since 2004...and had every title since and every single one of them launched with a **** load of bugs because the dev team are very lazy.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Prep768 wrote: »
    How can we go about finding if the devs are aware of this issue?

Thanks for your reports everyone. Our QA team is already aware and investigating.

• urban2544
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes this same issue happens to me daily. Play a game or 2, then at the end of the match a couple of things happen. Either i dont get the continue option or it goes to load and never actually does. Sucks when your in a good squad and having good games and are forced to reboot the game. Very discouraging. hope they resolve this issue quickly.
  • lnxdbmrb0slw
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This has been going on for about a month now !! I cannot go into customization at start and its says I need warbonds to buy things AGAIN !
  • Gokhan1247
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    for gods sake pls solve this problem
    icant play 2 games in a row
    ftffff??
  • Claypole1
    This is becoming game breaking, I'm struggling to get a game now because of this.
  • Prep768
    Question.
    Are you guys in a party when this happens? Had a few CQ rounds earlier, no problems. Got an invite to a party and met the spinning wheel of death.
    Why this is connected I have no idea but this was more than a coincidence.

Have the devs got any further regarding this issue? @EA_Alexander?