Annihilator Storm unlock is a joke

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So you have to unlock a notoriously difficult to unlock melee weapon just so you can get this gun?

And I'd hoped that the Support tanker weapons wouldn't require unlocks, because they're weapons for Support now, not just tankers who were supposed to be disadvantaged as infantry. Now I have to play in vehicles, which I don't like, to unlock weak guns. Did DICE think these unlocks through at all?

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you have to unlock a notoriously difficult to unlock melee weapon just so you can get this gun?

And I'd hoped that the Support tanker weapons wouldn't require unlocks, because they're weapons for Support now, not just tankers who were supposed to be disadvantaged as infantry. Now I have to play in vehicles, which I don't like, to unlock weak guns. Did DICE think these unlocks through at all?

Well it doesn't hurt to try the vehicles and challenge yourself does it?
    I'm sure their intentions, were to give us a challenge not some easy ride like a baby
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sure their intentions, were to give us a challenge not some easy ride like a baby

I don't find it enjoyable to wait at the deploy screen to grab a tank so that I can just die a few minutes later, because I'm not a great tanker. And then to do it over and over again to grind out the kills required. I've never liked using vehicles since BF2.
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I was just talking about this with guys in a Discord server.

I'm not sure why DICE insists on making assignments vastly differing in levels of complexity and tediousness.

You simply get kills with the assault class to unlock the Annihilator Trench, an smg for the assault class.

But now to get simply a different variant of the same gun, I'm not only forced to get 5 kills in one match with a melee weapon I've never used just to unlock the sickle - but then I essentially have to change up how I play altogether and go for melee kills, something I don't usually focus on at all ever. All to unlock an smg that has absolutely nothing to do with melee weapons...

Meanwhile to get an entirely new weapon, the LMR, you just have to get defensive kills with any class, any weapon. And to get its other variant you get kills with the LMR and resupply people.... And then the silenced variant for the M1911 is just, you know, available for doing nothing.

The Annihilator Storm was the only weapon I was interested in using and now I'm forced to torture myself and get my rear end handed to me trying to get melee kills with two terrible melee weapons, one of which I don't even have unlocked yet. Why is a weapon unlock assignment blocked behind a separate weapon unlock anyway? I'm forced to unlock a weapon I had zero interest in just to be able to finish an assignment to unlock the one weapon I was interested in.

What he said, I don't care for melee weapons at all. Putting weapons behind an unlock like that is dull
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't find it enjoyable to wait at the deploy screen to grab a tank so that I can just die a few minutes later, because I'm not a great tanker. And then to do it over and over again to grind out the kills required. I've never liked using vehicles since BF2.

Well to each there own, amd personally I don't really like the vehicles of BF1 as much as I did in BF4 and BF3.
    But, the assignments actually remind me of BF3 when they were a challenge
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    Search for a melee only server. There's always one when melee challenges appear.
    You know melee and annihilator are not so distant. It's basically the same distance at
    which you should use that gun.
    It will take you less time to do it ,than reply to this thread anyway
  • abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do the tanker/pilot weapons require some sort of assignment completed in order to be used as assault/support? Not really clear from what I have read this far.
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol at the pile up at the skill gate.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    You know melee and annihilator are not so distant. It's basically the same distance at
    which you should use that gun.

Meh, I use the Annihilator way outside melee kill range.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm not sure why DICE insists on making assignments vastly differing in levels of complexity and tediousness.

You simply get kills with the assault class to unlock the Annihilator Trench, an smg for the assault class.

But now to get simply a different variant of the same gun, I'm not only forced to get 5 kills in one match with a melee weapon I've never used just to unlock the sickle - but then I essentially have to change up how I play altogether and go for melee kills, something I don't usually focus on at all ever. All to unlock an smg that has absolutely nothing to do with melee weapons...

Meanwhile to get an entirely new weapon, the LMR, you just have to get defensive kills with any class, any weapon. And to get its other variant you get kills with the LMR and resupply people.... And then the silenced variant for the M1911 is just, you know, available for doing nothing.

The Annihilator Storm was the only weapon I was interested in using and now I'm forced to torture myself and get my rear end handed to me trying to get melee kills with two terrible melee weapons, one of which I don't even have unlocked yet. Why is a weapon unlock assignment blocked behind a separate weapon unlock anyway? I'm forced to unlock a weapon I had zero interest in just to be able to finish an assignment to unlock the one weapon I was interested in.

Well it's not like they weren't in previous Battlefields.......

;)
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    lol at the pile up at the skill gate.

Put some pants on.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

;)

I could care less about the assignments existing, my gripe is having an assignment to unlock a weapon that involves using two melee weapons that have nothing to do with class or weapon type, or having a weapon assignment blocked by an entirely separate and completely unrelated weapon unlock.

It's nonsense when the assignments to unlock entirely new weapons have been generally related to the class the weapon is in or are achievable through normal gameplay.

To get the Burton LMR you can use any class and naturally get defensive kills with your preferred weapon. To get it's variant you simply get kills with the other LMR and resupply - the basic function of the Support class.

But to get an added variant of an already existing SMG, you have to unlock or have unlocked a melee weapon that's locked behind an entirely separate assignment, and get melee kills entirely unrelated to any SMG. Not damage to vehicles, or dynamite kills, or even shotgun kills - but kills with a knife locked behind a separate assignment...

I had no intention of unlocking the sickle, but now I have to use a garbage melee weapon to unlock it, and then get kills with an equally as garbage melee weapon to unlock an smg. All while still trying to play the game and win.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

;)

I could care less about the assignments existing, my gripe is having an assignment to unlock a weapon that involves using two melee weapons that have nothing to do with class or weapon type, or having a weapon assignment blocked by an entirely separate and completely unrelated weapon unlock.

It's nonsense when the assignments to unlock entirely new weapons have been generally related to the class the weapon is in or are achievable through normal gameplay.

To get the Burton LMR you can use any class and naturally get defensive kills with your preferred weapon. To get it's variant you simply get kills with the other LMR and resupply - the basic function of the Support class.

But to get an added variant of an already existing SMG, you have to unlock or have unlocked a melee weapon that's locked behind an entirely separate assignment, and get melee kills entirely unrelated to any SMG. Not damage to vehicles, or dynamite kills, or even shotgun kills - but kills with a knife locked behind a separate assignment...

I had no intention of unlocking the sickle, but now I have to use a garbage melee weapon to unlock it, and then get kills with an equally as garbage melee weapon to unlock an smg. All while still trying to play the game and win.

Assualt is the main CQB class.
    Annihilator is predominantly a CQB weapon.
    Melee kills are done in CQB.

TA DAAAHHH!
  • Loqtrall
    TA DAAAHHH!

I've got at least 17-18 service stars with the Annihilator Trench so far and have not overly meleed anybody whole using it, and I don't predominantly use it at point blank range, which is the sole range for melee attacks.

The range at which you engage people with a weapon doesn't somehow connect melee kills to smgs. I'm not running around killing everyone from >1m away. Not even in TDM.
  • Trokey66
    TA DAAAHHH!

I've got at least 17-18 service stars with the Annihilator Trench so far and have not overly meleed anybody whole using it, and I don't predominantly use it at point blank range, which is the sole range for melee attacks.

The range at which you engage people with a weapon doesn't somehow connect melee kills to smgs. I'm not running around killing everyone from >1m away. Not even in TDM.

Never the less......

Assualt is the main CQB class.
    Annihilator is predominantly a CQB weapon.
    Melee kills are done in CQB.

You wondered where the connection was, there it is. The fact that it is not your playstyle with the class is irrelevant.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

;)

TA DAAAHHH!
    When my wife’s mom visited last year, she said this every five minutes.

When I see or hear it now:
    tenor.gif
  • Trokey66
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

;)

TA DAAAHHH!

tenor.gif

TA DAAAHHH!
    TA DAAAHHH!
    TA DAAAHHH!

TA DAAAHHH!

:D
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

;)

TA DAAAHHH!

tenor.gif

TA DAAAHHH!
    TA DAAAHHH!
    TA DAAAHHH!

TA DAAAHHH!

:D
    giphy.gif
  • Trokey66
    I picture a world where the best ever bourbon is dirt cheap but called "TA DAAAHHH!"
  • TEKNOCODE
    I picture a world where the best ever bourbon is dirt cheap but called "TA DAAAHHH!"

Luckily, I don’t buy cheap bourbon. Lol.