The New Peacekeeper Revolver - Needs a Easy alternative for unlock !

Comments

  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seems that you spend more time complaining how hard it is instead of actually doing it, it is not hard at all. And and this point is really hard to believe that you don't own a computer (PC, mac, whatever you like), I lost track how many times I said this, record the Morse code with any device you have, a cellphone, a tablet, anything. And don't bring the I don't have a cellphone or similar device (don't believe that either in 2018, plus if you can afford a PS4 + PSN Plus). The software that only need (Audacity) is 100% free. You are being lazy. How a bunch of other ppl made it?? I'm pretty sure that they're not super geniuses but regular people. There is a page with ppl that will help you, BFEE Discord. Read the basics on Morse code first, or is that too much too?. Lately I'm seeing a lot of post complaining about anything, plans are hard to kill, autoaim should be removed, this BF is the worst ever. Why even spend the time on making that post?? please do explain, I don't understand, don't like the game don't play it, who is forcing you??.
    I would like to know how old are these people, if they know that you actually need to work in real life to get anything, either work to buy food, have a house or car, or study to get a degree. Is easy when you're a kid and ask mom or dad to buy you something, but I guess that is why so much complain when something requires a little work and patience. Even worst, you try to help, but no, complaining is easy. And in advance, I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate messages, don't care, if you are mature enough (regardless your age) you'll know to respect other people opinion and point of view.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dude, you kinda missing my point, complaining about everything is not a good thing, call me whatever you want. If you want something instead of complaining and wasting energy and time on that, re focus that same energy and get to work to get it (I learned that when I lived in Dresden, Germany).
    I'm not a kid, and like or not, it's what kids do because they're kids. For example a baby will cry, not because is wrong, is part of being a baby. If you are here writing and making points, you're not a baby anymore, you grew up like everyone else. Is just part of a natural process growing up when you start to see things in other way. The point I tried to make is: do not waste time here, go and get it, because you can.
    You can tell me again how wrong I am, believe it or not, I'm trying to help.
    You don't need to learn Morse code, just the very basics, I don't know Morse, yet was able to read it with no problem after understanding how it works, for example and since is a fps, you can't shoot a gun in real life if you don't know where the safety is or even the trigger, then you can learn how aim and so on. Here is the same, you need the very basics, I promise you is a 10 minutes reading.
    Regarding the EE and Morse:
    1- The way I see it: "I have to do it everything now to get the weapon", this EE been around for a long time, if you have done it 1 by 1 wasn't hard. Now you are forcing you (or trying) to do everyone, all at the same time.
    2- For the Beginning as far as I recall, you don't actually need the entire message, a few words is enough. I'm talking from personal experience
    Messages:
    1:
    "GO STRAIGHT TO <location_name>. OLD METHODS COMPROMISED. MUST ACQUIRE NEW KEY. WILL MISS DROPOFF IF DELAY OR INCORRECT LOCATION."
    you only need "GO STRAIGHT TO <location_name>." forget the rest,
    with " <location_name>" you only need the first 2 words, that's enough to know where to go, some cases only the first.

    2 to 6: only need the first word, can dismiss the rest, that first word is the location.

    7-8: Honestly don't remember if you need the entire message or not, but I think the location is like the 3 first words

    9: is the same for everyone
    ** plus you have a complete list of all the locations so, even if the translation is not 100% accurate, you can compare to list and find it. Happened to me and did that.

    It's all here:
    https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Battlefield_1
    3- A Conflict no Morse code at all
    4- An Omen, is only 1 message, there is even a website that make all the machines lights for you, so you only need the message, not even know the missing letters.
    5- An Escalation, 1 message too

    About Morse know this: each letter is separated from the other by a small pause (call it silence if you want), that pause is always the same, is constant in all the message, doesn't change. A large pause, separates words from each other, again that pause never change. You don't need to record and upload anything, you can record the audio with your cellphone, I know it works because I did it. So, no uploads, no extracting the audio or nothing. It's a little challenging at the beginning, once you get the idea on how to read it, it goes really fast. And, plus for the Beginning it doesn't have to be 100% precise, I know I screw up a couple of times, but you have a list with all possible locations, so you can look at it and see which one is.

    The way I see it, is that you're trying to do all at the same time, don't rush it, do one per day, or every 2 days. Is not limited time, take a week or to complete the EE. Instead of posting how mad you are or how unfair it is, use that energy to get what you want, not always is possible, but in this case it is. Is like everything new thing you do, is gonna be hard at first, but are you gonna quit when it gets a little hard?.
  • Krkan_xD
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion this weapon should not be free at least until BFV :)
  • TamKingski
    1711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im pretty sure it would be a different story if the pc players needed to own/purchase a console in order to unlock/complete any on the steps in these easter eggs.

    It sounds to me that some Couldn't care wether its a fair way to go about it,they already have it and seems they just want less people to be able to aquire this gun so they can feel special/bragging rights/have an advantage,comes across as very selfish if you ask me.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can check my posts, I tried to help if I could. Even try to explain on some post on how to read the Morse code from Audacity, is not good at all, but it might help someone. Hope everybody can get it.
    Here, did it when was practically sleep, but if I can help anybody:
    36325343_1845883505716726_2988329122322710528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c628750d3833a03acd7bb9526dbffc09&oe=5BA05A7A
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    dude, you kinda missing my point, complaining about everything is not a good thing, call me whatever you want. If you want something instead of complaining and wasting energy and time on that, re focus that same energy and get to work to get it (I learned that when I lived in Dresden, Germany).
    I'm not a kid, and like or not, it's what kids do because they're kids. For example a baby will cry, not because is wrong, is part of being a baby. If you are here writing and making points, you're not a baby anymore, you grew up like everyone else. Is just part of a natural process growing up when you start to see things in other way. The point I tried to make is: do not waste time here, go and get it, because you can.
    You can tell me again how wrong I am, believe it or not, I'm trying to help.
    You don't need to learn Morse code, just the very basics, I don't know Morse, yet was able to read it with no problem after understanding how it works, for example and since is a fps, you can't shoot a gun in real life if you don't know where the safety is or even the trigger, then you can learn how aim and so on. Here is the same, you need the very basics, I promise you is a 10 minutes reading.
    Regarding the EE and Morse:
    1- The way I see it: "I have to do it everything now to get the weapon", this EE been around for a long time, if you have done it 1 by 1 wasn't hard. Now you are forcing you (or trying) to do everyone, all at the same time.
    2- For the Beginning as far as I recall, you don't actually need the entire message, a few words is enough. I'm talking from personal experience
    Messages:
    1:
    "GO STRAIGHT TO <location_name>. OLD METHODS COMPROMISED. MUST ACQUIRE NEW KEY. WILL MISS DROPOFF IF DELAY OR INCORRECT LOCATION."
    you only need "GO STRAIGHT TO <location_name>." forget the rest,
    with " <location_name>" you only need the first 2 words, that's enough to know where to go, some cases only the first.

    2 to 6: only need the first word, can dismiss the rest, that first word is the location.

    7-8: Honestly don't remember if you need the entire message or not, but I think the location is like the 3 first words

    9: is the same for everyone
    ** plus you have a complete list of all the locations so, even if the translation is not 100% accurate, you can compare to list and find it. Happened to me and did that.

    It's all here:
    https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Battlefield_1
    3- A Conflict no Morse code at all
    4- An Omen, is only 1 message, there is even a website that make all the machines lights for you, so you only need the message, not even know the missing letters.
    5- An Escalation, 1 message too

    About Morse know this: each letter is separated from the other by a small pause (call it silence if you want), that pause is always the same, is constant in all the message, doesn't change. A large pause, separates words from each other, again that pause never change. You don't need to record and upload anything, you can record the audio with your cellphone, I know it works because I did it. So, no uploads, no extracting the audio or nothing. It's a little challenging at the beginning, once you get the idea on how to read it, it goes really fast. And, plus for the Beginning it doesn't have to be 100% precise, I know I screw up a couple of times, but you have a list with all possible locations, so you can look at it and see which one is.

    The way I see it, is that you're trying to do all at the same time, don't rush it, do one per day, or every 2 days. Is not limited time, take a week or to complete the EE. Instead of posting how mad you are or how unfair it is, use that energy to get what you want, not always is possible, but in this case it is. Is like everything new thing you do, is gonna be hard at first, but are you gonna quit when it gets a little hard?.

    I didn't miss your point, I just think it's ridiculous.

    You're equating the time it takes to do HOURS of running around in empty servers searching for randomly generated items and then decoding randomly generated morse code, to the time it takes to make a forum post.

    I have some of the longest posts on this forum and my longest barely took me over 10 minutes to write up.

    Focusing the time and energy people use to make single posts on this forum would not equate to the time and dedication it'd take to get all those Easter Eggs done. The notion that if we just "channeled that energy somewhere else" is absolute nonsense.

    The condescending tone coming from you is hilarious. As if anyone is wasting time posting here. I've been posting in this forum community every day for nearly 7 years.

    Secondly - you were not trying to help. Your first response was a lambast of insults, criticizing the views of others, and pretty much calling us crybabies who need to get over it. That's on top of you then hypocritically posting that people should then respect YOUR views and opinions instead of responding to you just like you responded to us....

    Your haphazard tutorial you just posted is nothing you can't find in YouTube videos (it's actually worse) and does nothing to help anyone. We already know how to do the easter eggs, it's the means and time we don't have. It's the ridiculousness of the process CONSOLE PLAYERS have to go through if they want to unlock a sidearm.

    The issue is that I don't have TIME to do one per day. I don't play video games all day, or even for multiple hours every day. There are multiple days I don't get on at all. I've owned BF1 since day 1 and only have just over 200 hours played - and bf1 definitely isn't the only game I play.

    Again, I was in a party last night with a friend who, before I even joined, was doing the multi-morse code EE and in the span of HOURS being in that party he didn't even complete the whole thing. That was ONE.

    I did the two tags with the least amount of morse code and it still took me longer to do than I usually play because I had to record clips, upload them, post them in BFEE Discord, and then wait for someone to MAYBE decode my morse. All while sitting in an empty server doing absolutely nothing but running around in circles and hoping someone else doesn't come in and screw with me - which DID happen. I pushed myself past how long I wanted to dedicate to this because my thought process at the time was "eh, if you just need these 3 things to get the revolver, getting 2 codes decoded shouldn't be that bad". But it was that bad, and after being screwed with by other players and dying twice in the maze and finding out you needed every tag but the room to make it to the end - I was demoralized enough from wasting time that I straight up just turned my xbone off.

    If I played PC, it'd be a breeze, I wouldn't even have to move, worry about decoding, or anything. But I don't play on PC. Hell, when I'm not in my room my pc is off. I don't want to spend HOURS walking back and forth through my home to decode morse code.

    Like someone said up above, how would PC players like it if they were forced to purchase and use software on a console in order to finish the easter eggs?

    Lastly, I'm not "mad" at anything. This is a game. I'm just pointing out how nonsensical it is that theres a weapon as famous for its time as the Peacekeeper locked behind quite possibly one of the most intricate easter eggs of all time, while pistols like the Obrez and Kolibri are just part of the game. I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is for console players to have to use out-of-game pc software to decode morse code in order to unlock a sidearm whose only advantage over others is fancy animations that can get you killed in a gunfight if you swap to it.

    I'm not against doing things I don't want to do in this game. You can look up posts of mine in regards to this recent update where I criticize having to unlock the sickle and get kills with two separate melee weapons to unlock the Annihilator Storm. I still did it because it was attainable through NORMAL GAMEPLAY.

    You don't seem to understand what people are getting across here. It's not that it's "hard", you can literally get people to decode the morse for you. What people are expressing is it's too time consuming for the average player who only hops on for a couple hours a night to play games and enjoy themselves, solely because it's REQUIRED to use things outside of the game to get these things done, and people want to dedicate their video game time to PLAYING games. Not running back and forth for hours to decode 10+ messages to unlock a pistol. I can definitely picture DICE giving away the Peacekeeper just like they did with the Phantom Bow.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    Where is this Gun..cant find it in my Inventory..?

    edit: EE only..didnt know
  • V2Face
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I foresee it being unlockable on the Road to BFV at some point tbh.
  • NLBartmaN
    2657 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I foresee it being unlockable on the Road to BFV at some point tbh.

    That would be great :smiley:
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    slappy323 wrote: »
    You guys who want the Colt without doing the work to get it are the epitome of the entitlement generation. If you don't want to complete the Easter eggs, then you do not deserve the pistol. It is as simple as that.

    And, for what it is worth, the Colt is a blast (pun intended) to use.

    I doubt DICE will share that sentiment when it's given away to everyone for free....
  • KingOfGTO
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    I really want the Peacekeeper not to be in a silly Box like BF4 but they should change the Requirements for it because the first two (atleast for me) Dogtags are waaay to complicated,everytime someone joins and ruins it or the whole Server crashes. It is not really fun tbh. Is it a cool Idea? Ofcourse. But it takes too much Time and Effort. It was the last Update but i would rather have a normal Colt SAA and the Phantom one seperately so everyone could enjoy this Gun in it's normal form.
  • ShpongleSquirrel
    103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    andrew2evo wrote: »
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    I disagree. I did all the EEs since launch on XB1 ... and some were hard. I am glad I got a nice pistol at the end of the grind.

    Dog Tags can be a good and fair reward, or cosmetics skins, but a totally new gun it´s not... especially when the challenges are too much hard to complete for 91% of the players...

    I'm not sure how one can acknowledge it's a lot of work and then say that purely cosmetic items are a a fair reward. I didn't do them all until now because I don't think dog tags are worth it. A new gun is.
  • ShpongleSquirrel
    103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'd rather there not be some blatantly cheesy way to get the gun - but I think the tediousness of ALL that morse code you're forced to go through is super unnecessary and too drawn out.

    It's especially bad for console players that don't have immediate access to a pc and don't know morse code (have to stay in the same server the entire time). I got 3 of the tags you need and the weapon skin, and it still took me a considerable amount of time to decode TWO sequences of morse code because I had to record clips on my xbone, wait for them to upload, and then share them in the BFEE Discord. Then I had to wait for someone to decode mine because 4,000 people were trying to do this. It took hours just to get those few things, at least.

    I'm on PC, but I recorded them on my phone and decoded them myself. It takes time to learn, but anyone can do it.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Quoting you:
    "The Annihilator Storm was the only weapon I was interested in using and now I'm forced to torture myself..."
    Really?, torture?

    somebody posted:
    "Assualt is the main CQB class.
    Annihilator is predominantly a CQB weapon.
    Melee kills are done in CQB.

    TA DAAAHHH!"

    After you wrote again

    "Never the less......

    Assualt is the main CQB class.
    Annihilator is predominantly a CQB weapon.
    Melee kills are done in CQB.

    You wondered where the connection was, there it is. The fact that it is not your playstyle with the class is irrelevant. "

    Some funny gif in between

    another reply to you:
    "Get good!

    The sickle was easy and fast to unlock. One Operation on Verdun Heights as Defender. I unlocked it at the First day. Be Happy that it is Not 5 melee kills without dying. "

    My favorite comment:
    "I don’t mind using the scythe — I can even cosplay as the Grim Reaper..."

    When someone makes a good and logic point, but is not what you wanted to hear, you criticize them and keep complaining. It seems that way to me, you said this EE is a waste of time, trying to have a conversation with you was a waste of my time. Bringing the I've 7 seven years is proof of nothing but that you have been around for that long, it doesn't entitle you to anything. Keep that attitude, is gonna lead you to the greatest path in life.

    On a side note, there is also 2 Codex Entries (25 headshots with the gun, 10 kills with the gun) and a dog tag.

    I know this is way off topic, if the mods wants to delete it, it's fine.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, you're really gonna sit there and respond completely off topic like that for absolutely no reason? You addressed nothing I said about the topic at hand and just went on an immature rant about me.

    If you're going to criticize someone personally, take a look in the mirror.

    Get on topic, or why even respond?
  • TheXBOXFan
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is the gun any good or is it as bad as the No.3 revolver? I would like to know before I attempt to unlock it.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to do the assignments, but then I remembered I'm a lazy sod, do I want the peacemaker? Dame right I do. But I should of worked for it but I'm lazy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!