The New Peacekeeper Revolver - Needs a Easy alternative for unlock !

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheXBOXFan wrote: »
    Is the gun any good or is it as bad as the No.3 revolver? I would like to know before I attempt to unlock it.

From what I've seen its fairly nice for a revolver, but if you're trying to use it as a secondary, it's fancy draw animations can get you killed in an emergency.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Is the gun any good or is it as bad as the No.3 revolver? I would like to know before I attempt to unlock it.

From what I've seen its fairly nice for a revolver, but if you're trying to use it as a secondary, it's fancy draw animations can get you killed in an emergency.

But muh mersion !!!
    I don't think it's should be easy it's rewarding for those who invested time and they can show off I respect that.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really hope that Dice is going to release it a few months later for everyone. Everyone that completed the easter eggs deserves it to have the Peacekeeper for the time and effort on completing them.
  • DigitalHype
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    slappy323 wrote: »
    You guys who want the Colt without doing the work to get it are the epitome of the entitlement generation. If you don't want to complete the Easter eggs, then you do not deserve the pistol. It is as simple as that.

And, for what it is worth, the Colt is a blast (pun intended) to use.

I doubt DICE will share that sentiment when it's given away to everyone for free....

They eventually will make an easier way. But, not right away. It would be a slap in the face to those that earned it.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its way better than the no3. It's basically a gasser,for every class,with the flair of all the tricks.
  • xenome111
    magosnow wrote: »
    Its way better than the no3. It's basically a gasser,for every class,with the flair of all the tricks.

No no if I'm try harding I would still choose the no. 3 or the rk revolver for that sweet reload.
    And if I wanted the probable oh I would take obrez instead.
    It's a cool gun don't get me wrong and the animation r justified for rewarding the people who have put time and effort to solve it.
  • V2Face
    2638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So many people wanted a 'challenge' for this game ... they said that it was too easy to unlock things in this game, and that they wanted achievements that made them stand out.

... well, DICE puts a worthy reward behind a fairly tough task (for a Battlefield game, at least) ... and people complain that it's too difficult to unlock this new gun and want it instantly.

I don't know about you, but I would be pretty upset if I did all of that morse code only to get another useless item like the Phantom Bow or the Syndicate Gun ... not to mention that the Peacekeeper's animations can indeed get you killed.

Meh the syndicate gun could be unlocked relatively easy if you have a group of willing friends or strangers to do the challenges with. Easter egg hunts are the best reserved for a dedicated community to do. But locking content behind ridiculous time consuming challenges isn’t fair to players that just want to fire up the game and play for a few hours before they have to go back to their lives. I think the players that went out of their way to solve the phantom challenges should be rewarded not only some more unique dog tags and but also a kill card similar to Hardlines competitive season winner.
  • yveshache
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is why
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the animations make it not very useful as a secondary ... but the animations are funny when you are just running from point A to B.
  • Rumskas
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    Alternative? Oh just [PROFANITY REMOVED] already. It supposed to be secret weapon. If its too hard for ya you dont deserve it. I will be disapointed if dice again will be giving it for free for everyone in the future.
    Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on
  • IDalrdregistered
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am quite lazy person my self but with all the guides its only takes some time and patience to complete all those easter eggs. DO IT if u want the gun. dont agree that there should be any other way to get it.
  • xenome111
    edited July 2018
    Rumskas wrote: »
    Alternative? Oh just [PROFANITY REMOVED] already. It supposed to be secret weapon. If its too hard for ya you dont deserve it. I will be disapointed if dice again will be giving it for free for everyone in the future.

Yeah they will definitely do that within months like the phantom bow.
    But those who do now in the process gets to learn something new.
    Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    lol people are delusional if they think it won't be given away. People "put the time in" for the Phantom Program in BF4 as well and last I remember most people got it for nothing from a box on Operation Outbreak.

Probably because the bulk of the playerbase doesn't want to go through what someone just insisted took them 14 hours to complete.

Imo hiding a weapon like that behind an Easter egg in a multiplayer shooter is bogus, especially when it's pretty much not realistic for a casual player to unlock the weapon, ever. I watched my friend get the 2nd half of the Conflict tag on an empty server yesterday, and I even had to help him ward off a guy who kept coming to the Chateau to kill us, we even had to stop because he got in a Landship.

Afterward I listened to him in a party trying to do the Zeebrugge tag, and he sat there for over 30 minutes waiting for a clip to upload - OH NO, turns out Xbox DVR was down yesterday and he just wasted time and couldn't get anything done unless he sat there and tried to decode it himself by learning morse code on the spot....

Lol I've played 200 hours of BF1 in nearly 2 years, and people expect guys like me to invest 10+ hours decoding morse code and mapping out sandbags on spreadsheets on empty servers to unlock a friggin pistol.

I'd rather wait til it's given away, like it's definitely going to be.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol I've played 200 hours of BF1 in nearly 2 years, and people expect guys like me to invest 10+ hours decoding morse code and mapping out sandbags on spreadsheets on empty servers to unlock a friggin pistol.

That's exactly why nobody expects you to do anything of this. They got bf4 experience now. Who knows if they're gonna make it free. I hope not.
  • Loqtrall
    magosnow wrote: »

That's exactly why nobody expects you to do anything of this. They got bf4 experience now. Who knows if they're gonna make it free. I hope not.

I doubt they'll leave the peacekeeper locked behind an Easter egg probably not even 10% of the current playerbase is going to complete. Again, it's the same reason the Phantom bow was given away.

I mean, really - it's a sidearm in a video game. You guys are acting like DICE will be giving away your life's work.

I'm sure the people that actually figured out the Easter eggs instead of using a tutorial online to get it done are proud enough about the fact they figured this crazy intricate stuff out.
  • CS-2107
    1525 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    So I did unlock the revolver now and it took me roughly 4 hours. That is about as much time as I needed to unlock the Parabellum MG, so I think it is kinda doable. Of course it is annoying esspecially for ppl on console, the situation there is a completly different one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!