The New Peacekeeper Revolver - Needs a Easy alternative for unlock !

Comments

• Roy57on
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've managed to do most of the easter eggs for the Peacekeeper in the last few days, however these aren't enjoyable to do because of too many unforeseeable factors. Why not patch the easter egg into the campaign to prevent interference from a random player or random weather?

I also don't like that you have to rely on tools outside of the game itself. I think the method could prevail in another context, but using morse code repeatedly just makes the process tedious and makes DICE seem unimaginitive.
  • andrew2evo
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    Really 91%? Turing,einstein and leonardo....they were better than the 91%.
    Lazy is the correct term here.

If you don´t like my post just GET OUT kid boy ! #PeacekeeperForAll
  • andrew2evo
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    I'd have to agree, all the morse code stuff is a major turn off, the second they started requiring you to tab out of the game to wiki, google or record is pretty much when i stopped EE hunting. I said before a good puzzle should contain itself, another words everything you need to solve it should be in game.

Yeah man! I agree ! #PeacekeeperForAll
  • andrew2evo
    ... and i have just one thing to say... #PeacekeeperForAll
  • andrew2evo
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    So I did unlock the revolver now and it took me roughly 4 hours. That is about as much time as I needed to unlock the Parabellum MG, so I think it is kinda doable. Of course it is annoying esspecially for ppl on console, the situation there is a completly different one.

I play BF1 with my PS4... and it´s almost impossible complete all the challenges... most of the PC players are having issues to won all morse code challenges, and Xbox players as well...
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    andrew2evo wrote: »
    So I did unlock the revolver now and it took me roughly 4 hours. That is about as much time as I needed to unlock the Parabellum MG, so I think it is kinda doable. Of course it is annoying esspecially for ppl on console, the situation there is a completly different one.

I play BF1 with my PS4... and it´s almost impossible complete all the challenges... most of the PC players are having issues to won all morse code challenges, and Xbox players as well...

And that explains why this is not for everyone.
    Also if u know how to decode Morse code u wouldn't rely on 3rd party softwares either.
    It seems challenging at first by watching others do it. But when u urself will do it u would find it rather easy. Try it instead of whining here pretty much. .
  • yveshache
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

IM on xbox and took close to 10 hr to do all the challenges, is a game you want it you try if not you wait they will do like the Phantom Bow in BF4 they will give it easier way to do it after a few months

• yveshache
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

IM on xbox and took close to 10 hr to do all the challenges, is a game you want it you try if not you wait they will do like the Phantom Bow in BF4 they will give it easier way to do it after a few months

• I-Soldat-I
    1629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I watched the video with Jackfrags on how to to unlock it....I was bored to tears, thanks for nothing Dice....
  • CW_Lightning
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are not putting in the effort/work into it you don't deserve it. It is that easy. The PC excuse is ridiculous btw. I had my phone, a pen and paper.

Also the "90% of the playerbase won't do this..." blabla, indeed they won't. They also won't use most of the guns anyway and won't even understand that there is a secret weapon called the Peacekeeper.

Hopefully DICE won't give it away. (They will though which is sad)
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are not putting in the effort/work into it you don't deserve it. It is that easy. The PC excuse is ridiculous btw.

Used it yesterday off a friend's kit I picked up and it's not worth the "effort" you guys tout around about. Just like the Phantom Bow.

You know what makes it worth doing 10+ hours of work to unlock? Getting killed because you take it out to kill a guy in a gunfight, but instead you twirl it around in his face as he tears you to shreds.
  • xXWarGamer13Xx
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    100 kills with any revolver assignment, they would have to either remove the phantom skull on the side or make a different skinned version, and let this one be a rare variant.
  • AcTiVe13245
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is hard for a reason. And I hope they will never realese this revolver for free for everyone. Doesn't matter if it's pc or console, everyone has to get through that hassle. If you want morse code on console it's simple: turn volume on tv/headphones to 100% and record that sound with phone, then go to pc and do audacity thing.

You are just lazy and complain about eveything. It is hard for a reason and it's ment for a people that have dedication and some clever thinking abilities. What they did in BF4 was disrespectful for players who were taking their time to find all dog tags. That is from me, I hope you will never get it for free.
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For console guys decoding the morse is PIA. My set up is similar to @Loqtrall , my PS4 is in my living room and my PC is in my office. I've got to record it, upload to youtube (while staying in server), go to my pc, download it, convert it, upload to audacity, decoded it, hope its right, go back to my PS4 and pray I did it right. To me the dog tags should be like the "A Conflict" one. No code to decipher, just a straight up puzzle. It takes time but you don't need to leave the game to figure it out, same with the room one.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    For console guys decoding the morse is PIA. My set up is similar to @Loqtrall , my PS4 is in my living room and my PC is in my office. I've got to record it, upload to youtube (while staying in server), go to my pc, download it, convert it, upload to audacity, decoded it, hope its right, go back to my PS4 and pray I did it right. To me the dog tags should be like the "A Conflict" one. No code to decipher, just a straight up puzzle. It takes time but you don't need to leave the game to figure it out, same with the room one.

U don't have to upload to YouTube I thought u can share videos.
    At least on Xbox dvr it's possible I guess
  • AcTiVe13245
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    b0sk1 wrote: »

Record it with a phone (only sound), simple as that. You have managed to find way around with that youtube.
  • herodes87
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Actually you can do the Morse thing quick if you are smart and know how to use youtube. I did my stuff on PS4 and i didn't use audacity or any program like that. I just record it normally with my PS4 (videoclip) and put it on PC. And i recorded the Morse on just a specific Map not on a Conquest Server. It worked fast and without problem.

If anyone is interested to find a fast way for the Morse Codes just write me a message here. I will probably not respond today but during the week. I was thinking about creating a new Thread to share it but after all the crying and "I want it for free right now" i will not do it. People like that don't deserve it right now. You will get it hopefully at BFV Launch.
  • AcTiVe13245
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    lol people are delusional if they think it won't be given away. People "put the time in" for the Phantom Program in BF4 as well and last I remember most people got it for nothing from a box on Operation Outbreak.

Probably because the bulk of the playerbase doesn't want to go through what someone just insisted took them 14 hours to complete.

Imo hiding a weapon like that behind an Easter egg in a multiplayer shooter is bogus, especially when it's pretty much not realistic for a casual player to unlock the weapon, ever. I watched my friend get the 2nd half of the Conflict tag on an empty server yesterday, and I even had to help him ward off a guy who kept coming to the Chateau to kill us, we even had to stop because he got in a Landship.

Afterward I listened to him in a party trying to do the Zeebrugge tag, and he sat there for over 30 minutes waiting for a clip to upload - OH NO, turns out Xbox DVR was down yesterday and he just wasted time and couldn't get anything done unless he sat there and tried to decode it himself by learning morse code on the spot....

Lol I've played 200 hours of BF1 in nearly 2 years, and people expect guys like me to invest 10+ hours decoding morse code and mapping out sandbags on spreadsheets on empty servers to unlock a friggin pistol.

I'd rather wait til it's given away, like it's definitely going to be.

If the playerbase doesn't want to go thgough this hassle, then don't, simple as that.

No one expects that from you, don't do it and stop begging for it to be free. DICE are pr**ks and they will probably give it for free, but that's why it was so hard, to show true dedication. If you don't have that time then bad for you, no one forces you to do it :)
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Imo hiding a weapon like that behind an Easter egg in a multiplayer shooter is bogus, especially when it's pretty much not realistic for a casual player to unlock the weapon, ever.

What does being a casual player or not have to do with it? It's not like it requires skill at the game itself to obtain.

Not casual as in skill, casual as in playing video games. Casual as in a person who casually plays video games a couple hours every day or every other day and dedicates that small amount of time to having fun and enjoying themselves instead of incessantly running back and forth decoding randomly generated morse code.
    If the playerbase doesn't want to go thgough this hassle, then don't, simple as that.

No one expects that from you, don't do it and stop begging for it to be free. DICE are pr**ks and they will probably give it for free, but that's why it was so hard, to show true dedication. If you don't have that time then bad for you, no one forces you to do it :)

I'm sure the people that actually DID THE HARD PART instead of looking it up in videos and acting like they did something "hard" (when at that point it's nothing but tedious and time consuming) take pride in knowing they helped actually figure it out, regardless of whether the weapon is given away, or if there wasn't even a weapon at the end of it in the first place.

So much so that it seems nobody prominent in the BFEE community or Discord has a problem with members there doing all the "hard" parts FOR other people. The only people who seem to have an issue with it being given away in the future are those who used tutorials and are acting like they figured the whole thing out themselves since step 1.

If you want the Peacekeeper, an iconic weapon for the time period, you ARE forced to do these things whether or not you have the time or capability.
This discussion has been closed.