The New Peacekeeper Revolver - Needs a Easy alternative for unlock !

Comments

• AcTiVe13245
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Again just like everyone else, no on forces you to do that. If you want to unlock it then you have to put work on it, if you it's too much then too bad for you. It is hard for a reason. Don't act like it's too hard and you should be givin it on special conditions.

There is no reason for it to be that hard.

Compared to other assignments and the average time players play it is way too much work.

Also the Morse code part shouldn't be in any assignment, all assignments should be able to do without any other devices needed, like the Room dogtag.

As I said: no problem with those amounts of work for a special Dogtag or some other prize, but weapons and codex shouldn't be behind it.

It's not any asigment, it's an easter egg. None of us can decode morse that's why we have those websites and programs. Casual players are not meant for this challange.
    I have no desire to jump through all the hoops nor do I really want the gun...

BUT

I think it should be rewarding for those who went through all the trouble and should therefore remain exclusive.

Just my 2 cents.

exactly

Im not gonna do all that just to see someone pick it up from a loot crate just because they feel entitled to, yet are to lazy

Sounds extremely arrogant. I did not buy the game and Season pass only for some smart **** to get a goodie!

Hah lol, you are just lazy. Do some hard work and stop making excuses. You think that you paid and everything should be righ there for you for free. Who sounds more arrogant...
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Imo hiding a weapon like that behind an Easter egg in a multiplayer shooter is bogus, especially when it's pretty much not realistic for a casual player to unlock the weapon, ever.

What does being a casual player or not have to do with it? It's not like it requires skill at the game itself to obtain.

Not casual as in skill, casual as in playing video games. Casual as in a person who casually plays video games a couple hours every day or every other day and dedicates that small amount of time to having fun and enjoying themselves instead of incessantly running back and forth decoding randomly generated morse code.

If a person is so casual they can't work on the easter eggs here and there when they have time, they are probably so casual they don't unlock all the weapons to begin with anyway. And some of the DLC weapon unlocks will take the average player longer to do than the easier dog tags would.

I disagree.

I am such a casual player, and I have every gun. And I worked on this eastereggs, really did. But a Weapon assignment is much easier.

The two new back dog tags shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes each, if that.

Dude, not everyone is capable of decrypting Morse!

WOW, REALLY? None of us is capable of, that's why we record that and use programs. MAGIC!
  • Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I went on albion, a friend decrypted the Code, I did all steps and still nothing happens. I Visualized my Zebrugge Code but did not get anything out of it. Not everyone is a bloody Phantom!
  • ShpongleSquirrel
    103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imo hiding a weapon like that behind an Easter egg in a multiplayer shooter is bogus, especially when it's pretty much not realistic for a casual player to unlock the weapon, ever.

What does being a casual player or not have to do with it? It's not like it requires skill at the game itself to obtain.

Not casual as in skill, casual as in playing video games. Casual as in a person who casually plays video games a couple hours every day or every other day and dedicates that small amount of time to having fun and enjoying themselves instead of incessantly running back and forth decoding randomly generated morse code.

If a person is so casual they can't work on the easter eggs here and there when they have time, they are probably so casual they don't unlock all the weapons to begin with anyway. And some of the DLC weapon unlocks will take the average player longer to do than the easier dog tags would.

I disagree.

I am such a casual player, and I have every gun. And I worked on this eastereggs, really did. But a Weapon assignment is much easier.

The two new back dog tags shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes each, if that.

Dude, not everyone is capable of decrypting Morse!

Those two tags, as well as room and conflict, do not involve morse.

But anyone can do the morse stuff too. I was totally green to it, but the more I did it, the better I got at it.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So how about you git gud or delete this forum post all together. Why do people like you exist?

Super constructive.
  • Illuminaty101
    But I really want it! I have literally every gun!
  • ThatOneGuy488
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So how about you git gud or delete this forum post all together. Why do people like you exist?

Super constructive.

Just telling the truth. Sometimes ad hominem is necessary.
  • Illuminaty101
    This needs to stop. This is an optional weapon, you do not need to go through all this "hard" morse code stuff. Just don't do it. Stop complaining about it and let the people who actually worked hard on it deserve it. No more lazy "I did literally nothing but still got the weapon because it was in a box on a new map" BS. I did the whole thing on console and it was extremely easy. All you have to do is follow the directions from JackFrags A Beginning guide for how to decode morse on console. It's simple. There is no need to make this weapon available to everyone because then it makes everything we did entirely pointless. The EE team learned this from the Phantom Bow in BF4, they're not doing this again. So how about you git gud or delete this forum post all together. Why do people like you exist?

Yeah sure, bruh.

Power to the players, hail Putin. Every item/collectible should be relatively easy to obtain, you schmock.
  • ThatOneGuy488
    This needs to stop. This is an optional weapon, you do not need to go through all this "hard" morse code stuff. Just don't do it. Stop complaining about it and let the people who actually worked hard on it deserve it. No more lazy "I did literally nothing but still got the weapon because it was in a box on a new map" BS. I did the whole thing on console and it was extremely easy. All you have to do is follow the directions from JackFrags A Beginning guide for how to decode morse on console. It's simple. There is no need to make this weapon available to everyone because then it makes everything we did entirely pointless. The EE team learned this from the Phantom Bow in BF4, they're not doing this again. So how about you git gud or delete this forum post all together. Why do people like you exist?

Yeah sure, bruh.

Power to the players, hail Putin. Every item/collectible should be relatively easy to obtain, you schmock.

Why? Who made that rule?
  • iano1978
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I completed all of the Easter Eggs as and when they were released. With all of the guides available they're really not that difficult. Sure, you need a bit of time and if you are trying to cram them all into one sitting for the sake of unlocking a sidearm (part of an already bloated selection) then you will be very frustrated.

I personally liked the challenges involved and the rewards were justified, even if my wife looked at me strangely while decoding morse.
    I'm on console so I dont buy the whole PC arguement.

• AcTiVe13245
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I went on albion, a friend decrypted the Code, I did all steps and still nothing happens. I Visualized my Zebrugge Code but did not get anything out of it. Not everyone is a bloody Phantom!
    But I really want it! I have literally every gun!

Then you are doing something wrong. I did mess up few times as well. You are probably reading this morse wrong. It repeats your 5 unique characters over and over, but you have to know where to start. In Audacity you see clear breaks between those codes, from this you should start decryptig. (talking about albion).
  • ThatOneGuy488
    It's just the hysteria over an optional EE weapon for people too stupid and/or lazy to do it on their own amazes me.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Super constructive.

Sometimes ad hominem is necessary.

I don't see how.
  • Illuminaty101
    Don't you attack my intelligence! It is not just a gun, it is the strongest Revolver in the Game !
  • ThatOneGuy488

Super constructive.

I don't see how.

To reveal how unnecessarily stupid some people can be. It's more "ironic". That's its only valid use.
  • herodes87
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh please it gives even a Website that decodes the Morse for you. You Just have to Upload a Videoclip on it and it does everything for you. Takes 1 Minute.
  • Illuminaty101
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Oh please it gives even a Website that decodes the Morse for you. You Just have to Upload a Videoclip on it and it does everything for you. Takes 1 Minute.

Don't you think that I could have tried that already? A crystal clear Morse, no result.
  • herodes87
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    herodes87 wrote: »

Don't you think that I could have tried that already? A crystal clear Morse, no result.

On which map you did you record it?
  • Loqtrall

Super constructive.

I don't see how.

To reveal how unnecessarily stupid some people can be. It's more "ironic". That's its only valid use.

I don't see where that's necessary in a discussion about a video game. Especially when personal attacks are against the rules...
  • ThatOneGuy488
    Suez and Fao Fortress are the best maps to record your morse if your on the first stage. Other stages are quite simple.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!