Inifnite loading screen

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7066 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    there is a setting in origin to send reports back
    those experiencing this, do you have M1917 equipped?
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    do you have M1917 equipped?
    Does it as assault with SM 08/whatever it is, I doubt its gun specific as it also happens to my friend who plays mostly scout.

It also does it when you play standing on one leg singing hallelujah.

Perhaps if someone looked at it then they would be able to identify the cause if it was something simple like bugged weapon?
  • ProfessorKatz
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Ok, you are wrong. stop trying to spread misinformation. You are now suspended for 24 hours for attempting to bait.

Banning people from the forums that are upset that EA broke the game they love to play, that they paid for, because they are expressing frustration, whether you agree with what they are stating or not, wont win EA/Dice any fans. Every step you take on this matter, how you handle it, is being watched, and will be referred back to when its time for people to spend money on BF V. I have seen this happen often on Wargamings Wot forums, and it ends up with people from said players clan leaving the game in mass protest and doing charge backs on their premium time/prem tanks, etc. Banning that guy, all its going to accomplish is you are giving him the ammo to turn around to his friends and say "hey, see, they are banning people for complaining about the game getting broke, etc". He will be able to paint his own narrative and refer back to that ban to his friends as a way to influence them towards not spending money on anything EA related.
  • ultomate
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the first time I was able to play the game without having to end the game. What I did, at the end of the game, I went to the scoreboard screen and it did give me the Continue button at the bottom right. I played 3 games in a row and it continued on playing without the black screen with the loading icon. My sync was not loading and that is resolved also by being able to quit the game without having to close it with ALT+TAB out of it.
  • treefortrichard
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It def happens to me the most with the MG1917 loaded out...
    I know that it's also a cloud sync issue because when the game gets stuck on the black screen with the loading circle and you have to kill it via task manager you get the sync error conflict when you restart bf1. ..This means that your saved data was not sent at the end of the last round, but was saved locally...It's almost like the game is waiting for the saved data server to be "yea, got the data from that last round, continue to the next round" but this never happens and it hangs...

HOWEVER turning off the cloud save doesn't fix this because I can still lock up conquest map loads with the MG1917 equipped. If I am medic with Mondragon Sniper at the end of the round the game hasn't gotten stuck yet.

This is a HUGE issue and obviously somebody really screwed up with the latest patch as this error surely would have popped up for someone testing the patch if it was tested correctly.
  • StarscreamUK
    7066 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ok, you are wrong. stop trying to spread misinformation. You are now suspended for 24 hours for attempting to bait.

Banning people from the forums that are upset that EA broke the game they love to play, that they paid for, because they are expressing frustration, whether you agree with what they are stating or not, wont win EA/Dice any fans. Every step you take on this matter, how you handle it, is being watched, and will be referred back to when its time for people to spend money on BF V. I have seen this happen often on Wargamings Wot forums, and it ends up with people from said players clan leaving the game in mass protest and doing charge backs on their premium time/prem tanks, etc. Banning that guy, all its going to accomplish is you are giving him the ammo to turn around to his friends and say "hey, see, they are banning people for complaining about the game getting broke, etc". He will be able to paint his own narrative and refer back to that ban to his friends as a way to influence them towards not spending money on anything EA related.

Please dont discuss moderation, thats a violation of the forum rules.
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ultomate wrote: »
    What I did, at the end of the game, I went to the scoreboard screen and it did give me the Continue button at the bottom right.
    How do you make the scoreboard appear between operations maps where there IS NO SCOREBOARD?

Is it some kind of wind up posting fake fixes like this? Is it a bigger wind up people who should know better cutting and pasting fake fixes from reddit and posting them here?

How many people have wasted hours following this fake advice trying to get the game working, then go play play ops win defending 2 battalions to have a map switch and lose all progress.

Its interesting to look at the stats of people that have been posting this rubbish as most of them haven't played in weeks or only played for a short while so have most probably been lucky to have a round where it did not crash.

Perhaps the forum monitors would be kind enough to remove these "fake fix posts" as reinstalling, repairing, resetting you pc, resetting your router, deleting settings, looking for continue button that does not exist trying to solve this problem is a waste of time and distraction from the fact that this was broke by the June patch and needs a new patch from DICE to fix, progress of which they keep avoiding to mention.
  • ProfessorKatz
    edited July 2018

Please dont discuss moderation, thats a violation of the forum rules.

How bout lets discuss when the game will be fixed then, or where I can start a refund process, or do I just need to do a charge back since I can not play the game in its current state? Thats the discussion I actually do want to have, yet have not seen anything said on EA's end on this that works towards a positive solution for me, the consumer.
  • StarscreamUK
    You can discuss that anywhere. It has already been stated its with the teams.

A refund you would need to contact where you purchased it from.

I wouldn't reccomend a chargeback as that would have a detrimental effect on your account.
  • ProfessorKatz
    edited July 2018
    The teams have not been publicly responding in a way that is satisfactory. The game is broke. I cant play it in its current state. The "team" is not offering any explanations or ETA as to when the problem will be solved. Im with EA chat right now. I purchased the game through Origin via Paypal. Im going for a refund. And to state, its not like I have had this game long enough to get my money out of it. I just purchased it early into the month this last June. So I have not even begun to get my moneys worth out of it. I actually do not own many games on my Origin account. What I do have on there was either gifted to me by a prior EA employee who used to work with the marketing side of things, or were titles from the On the house. The only ones I purchased are BF1 and the Crysis series. If having to do a charge back hurts the account, wont bother me any. Id rather speak with my money, by taking it elsewhere if I am not happy with a product or service.
    Post edited by ProfessorKatz on
  • ProfessorKatz
    Just an update. I was refunded by a supervisor through EA's chat system. Because I purchased the game with the Crysis Trilogy, those had to be refunded too. Im not worried about it. I never got around to playing them, so no skin off my back. I will say this though, Im sticking with Steam. This has been a mess. The process for being refunded from EA was a time consuming mess through their chat sessions. Only reason I even used Origin to begin with was because my friend Carlos used to work for EA in California before they did those layoffs late last year. He originally convinced me to use Origin, gave me some games for the service, etc, so I kinda felt obligated to do so. But he no longer works for EA, and this mess with BF1 and how its being handled, its too much, and too soon after EA already had this mess with Star Wars Battlefront II. Too many bad decisions being made, and the customer support is just not there like it needs to be. Like I said, I speak with my money. Im taking it elsewhere, mainly back to steam and other game companies who are actually trying to do good things.
  • StarscreamUK
    If you thought it was time consuming wait till you try with steam.
  • ProfessorKatz
    If you thought it was time consuming wait till you try with steam.

I have been refunded for a few things with Steam before. It never took that long and I didn't have to go through so much hassle. How about you stick to your own statement of "Ok, you are wrong. stop trying to spread misinformation.". In other words, practice what you preach.
  • StarscreamUK
    edited July 2018
    I'm not trying to spread misinformation. Valve are pretty strict on refunds, but nowhere near as strict as Sony.

Valves own policy is "Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours... You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval"

You had over 38 hours played and still got a refund within 2 hours from when you posted about it, surely thats a win win for you.

Now don't take the post to be a dig at you, it isn't. Generally people don't have a lot of success getting refunds from steam.
  • pilotito2
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What weapon are you using when you experience this issue? I'm having the same problem, I was using the M1917.
  • trip1ex
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Never had the game lock up before, but in the past week it's frozen 4-5 times for me mid-round or whatever. Not sure if it related to this cloud sync stuff or related to new hardware I have.
  • 8Ace_AmAtoL
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    pilotito2 wrote: »
    What weapon are you using when you experience this issue? I'm having the same problem, I was using the M1917.

Locking up after a round started for me last night, and funnily enough I was using the M1917 low weight. Also having the cloud sync issue.
  • Badass1956
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am getting the same thing as well as cloud conflict in all games
  • supersteve939
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same for me too on PC. Cloud sync conflict but more frustrating is the game Freezing up between rounds forcing me to quit all using task manager. I've had 16 online chats over the last 2 weeks regarding the next round failing to load. 15 of them had the same generic responses to clear cache, reinstall etc but one adviser confirmed that it is a known issue with Conquest and Shock Operations as the adviser also plays. He said as far as he knows the "Studio" are working on a possible fix. its been weeks now though and no change, if anything it's all getting worse. Hard to believe that with the incompetence of the game's maintenance crew and the shoddy servers they use that they expect us all to grab the next faulty game in the Battlefield series. I also use 'Steam' for gaming and have done for over 11 years. I can confidently say that I have never experienced issues with Steam like I do with Origin/EA/Dice.
  • DaveTheBrave_USA
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    LumoColor wrote: »
    ultomate wrote: »
    What I did, at the end of the game, I went to the scoreboard screen and it did give me the Continue button at the bottom right.
    How do you make the scoreboard appear between operations maps where there IS NO SCOREBOARD?

Is it some kind of wind up posting fake fixes like this? Is it a bigger wind up people who should know better cutting and pasting fake fixes from reddit and posting them here?

How many people have wasted hours following this fake advice trying to get the game working, then go play play ops win defending 2 battalions to have a map switch and lose all progress.

Its interesting to look at the stats of people that have been posting this rubbish as most of them haven't played in weeks or only played for a short while so have most probably been lucky to have a round where it did not crash.

Perhaps the forum monitors would be kind enough to remove these "fake fix posts" as reinstalling, repairing, resetting you pc, resetting your router, deleting settings, looking for continue button that does not exist trying to solve this problem is a waste of time and distraction from the fact that this was broke by the June patch and needs a new patch from DICE to fix, progress of which they keep avoiding to mention.

You're brilliant. Well said. Keep it com'in! It's all gold! Saying it like it is. Why should people have to go through tearing up THEIR install and operating system for nothing? It's a problem with the game code, the June update! People ruin their systems when they didn't change, the game changed! It just did it to me again and I'm pissed too. When are they going to fix it? What's the matter with them? We don't adapt to the game. The game needs to adapt to us!