ADAD spam and headglitching are back

Procc91
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited July 4
Just like the title says, the ADAD spam (spamming the A and D keys pretty fast during a gunfight on your keyboard to get some unnatural and fast strafing moves) that they've fixed at the end of Battlefield 1 is back, same goes for the headglitching. I don't know if no one has noticed it or rendered it as not important. It does not add up to the otherwise good gunplay that BFV has to offer. Since I didn't see anyone bringing this up yet I'm going to do it myself, because it's a "mechanic" that people will start hating once again after they notice that it is indeed back. Let's make this seen by DICE before it does end in an uproar once again like it did in Battlefield 1. I hope for your support guys, because ADAD spam makes up for a really bad gameplay experience especially for infantry players.
Post edited by Procc91 on

Comments

• EinBugStein
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 4
    I don't get how and why they did bring this back. They spent SO much time back in BF1 on the CTE to finally figure out the perfect speed so that it wasn't too slow and not too fast so that ADAD Spam finally was eliminated and now in BF5 they bring the same **** back again?

Comeon DICE why do you always do this in every BF Game ... repeating the same bad things that you fixed in your previous titles, bringing them back in the new Game and then needing almost 2 Years to fix them again just to bring them back in the next title anyways.
  • Tylenol500
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    IMO headglitching isnt a thing, theres always a hitbox if they are able to fire
  • Procc91
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 4
    Tylenol500 wrote: »

For me headglichting is if someone is behind an object where I can just see a glimpse of his head while he is able to fire back on me seeing my whole body even tho the object is higher than him and his weapon. (which should lead for his weapon to not hit above the objective infront of him)
    But the ADAD spam is even worse, I could live with headglitching once again since it is bound to only work on some positions, while the ADAD spam is presistent all over the game again.
  • Tylenol500
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Procc91 wrote: »
    Tylenol500 wrote: »

For me headglichting is if someone is behind an object where I can just see a glimpse of his head while he is able to fire back on me seeing my whole body even tho the object is higher than him and his weapon. (which should lead for his weapon to not hit above the objective infront of him)
    But the ADAD spam is even worse, I could live with headglitching once again since it is bound to only work on some positions, while the ADAD spam is presistent all over the game again.

I get that, I guess as a sniper main headglitching just makes them an easy target.

adad spam, yeah strafe fire could use some work
  • Procc91
    Defenitley, right now it's the same like it was in BF1 before the patch, which is kinda sad. If there was one thing I did like about Battlefield 1 it was the soldier movement after the ADAD dancing was gone.
  • JusttPixels
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ADAD spam is annoying. I hope they fix it.
  • EinBugStein
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

They already fixed it in BF1 after 1 1/2 years ... Since BF5 does use the exactly same engine as BF1 does I don't get why they didn't use the exact same Soldier Movement from BF1 for BF5.

Now we will get another CTE after 1/2 a year so that it can be fixed again after 1 1/2 years -.-
  • -zDe-crooKk
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 5
    ADAD strafe spamming in BFV felt very inaccurate. It might be there (ie. people might be doing it), but it didn't feel very effective. Hoping they actually reduce the spread/recoil while doing this.
  • Procc91
    ADAD strafe spamming in BFV felt very inaccurate. It might be there (ie. people might be doing it), but it didn't feel very effective. Hoping they actually reduce the spread/recoil while doing this.

recuding the spread/recoil while adad strafing would just promote it even more. Maybe you meant decrease instead?
    Also it's not about the weapon accuracy while doing it, it's like before the patch for it came in BF1 all about the unnatural fast soldier movements while doing it.
  • JusttPixels
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

They already fixed it in BF1 after 1 1/2 years ... Since BF5 does use the exactly same engine as BF1 does I don't get why they didn't use the exact same Soldier Movement from BF1 for BF5.

Now we will get another CTE after 1/2 a year so that it can be fixed again after 1 1/2 years -.-

I know. Kinda weird they chose not to prevent this problem in BFV.
  • -zDe-crooKk
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

recuding the spread/recoil while adad strafing would just promote it even more. Maybe you meant decrease instead?
    Also it's not about the weapon accuracy while doing it, it's like before the patch for it came in BF1 all about the unnatural fast soldier movements while doing it.

NO, I want to promote it as a valid tactic for avoiding fire. More AD spam the better.
  • Procc91

NO, I want to promote it as a valid tactic for avoiding fire. More AD spam the better.

Well, I think you're kinda on your own with this. This "tactic" was so abusive and enraged people pretty hard in battlefield 1, which is why DICE patched it in the end of battlefield 1. People didn't like it at all because it was leading to a really bad gunplay experience.
  • Procc91
    gonna push this up so that it hopefully will get some attention. -push
  • -zDe-crooKk

Well, I think you're kinda on your own with this. This "tactic" was so abusive and enraged people pretty hard in battlefield 1, which is why DICE patched it in the end of battlefield 1. People didn't like it at all because it was leading to a really bad gunplay experience.

Two different games. The gunplay in BF1 was already horrible. IMO, you need to be somewhat accurate while pressing AD in BFV due to the much faster ttk. This would enable you to accurately return fire, while avoiding some enemy fire. Too many movement/mobility restrictions in BFV.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't want Dice restricting my movement at all with this lower TTK, and besides, with the deadly accuracy of the weapons in BF5, ADAD spam shouldnt even matter to anyone who can hit a moving target. I'm fine with it in this new game.
  • Procc91
    edited July 6
    I don't want Dice restricting my movement at all with this lower TTK, and besides, with the deadly accuracy of the weapons in BF5, ADAD spam shouldnt even matter to anyone who can hit a moving target. I'm fine with it in this new game.

Weapons in general aren't "deadly accurate" unless you're talking about the STG44. I find it kind of "lame" that for example a assault player can ADAD dance around with unnatural fast sidestrafing moves while being totally accurate aiming down sides, while a sniper has to be stationary at some point so that the weapon is accurate. Same goes for the Medic class. The nerf to ADAD spam or rather dancing in Battlefield 1 wasn't there to restrict players in their movements, it was there to fix the unnatural fast behaviour of the bodys that even flinched while strafing left and right really fast. That is why it is called "ADAD dancing". Such mechanics have no business at all in a FPS game, and you won't find them in any FPS that is competitive in some way. At least not without having any downsides to it while spamming your ADAD keys.
  • EinBugStein
    Not to mention that ADAD spam bevomes even more annoying when people are using SMGs and just fire from the Hip. Might not be an issue on consoles but on PC this is a huge problem. ADAD Spam with unnatural fast Movement + Flinching Bodys = bad. There is a reason why they fixed this in BF1
  • Procc91
    Not to mention that ADAD spam bevomes even more annoying when people are using SMGs and just fire from the Hip. Might not be an issue on consoles but on PC this is a huge problem. ADAD Spam with unnatural fast Movement + Flinching Bodys = bad. There is a reason why they fixed this in BF1

I hope they will do the same for Battlefield V before release.
  • Metallicat95
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ADAD spam is bad, and I'm assuming that they'll apply the BF1 fixes and maybe do ever more with it.

The problem is that making your character move super fast like the Flash in an online game makes it impossible to correctly aim at a moving target. You can't lead someone's movement when it is random and inertialess. Using a controller, the mechanics of the stick limit how fast you can change directions. But even so, the game physics for the character shouldn't ignore inertia when trying to change direction.

Any direction. This counts the pop up/down head-bobbing look and shoot trick (headglitching is a worse case, where you can be seen, can shoot yourself despite your gun being behind cover, but not be able to be hit due to the reverse line of sight putting you behind cover; this is always a problem for 3rd person but remains a bit for 1st as well.

Dancing back and forth in real life would make controlled firing hard, and perhaps impossible. Like shooting after sprinting or jumping, it might not let you fire at all. Still, the major problem is making it so aimed fire which should hit can't, because your position is not where the normal network latency says you should be.
  • -zDe-crooKk
    Most of the changes, while good, have affected mobility - adad inaccuracy, longer reviving, low ammo, faster ttk, hipfire nerf, etc...

It's a different game than BF1 and the ADAD spam shoudl be a valid tactic to avoid fire in a very fast ttk game. They should also reduce the inaccuracy while you are doing it so you can effectively return fire when being shot at.

Stand still + crouch makes sense for most accuracy/least spread, but AD movement to avoid fire shouldn't be penalized as much as it is.

Let's not have it so we all have to stand perfectly still while shooting in a fast ttk game....