Fast TTK is a good thing. Here's why.

jcon9191
3 postsMember Member
I hope I'm not the only one who noticed how well balanced the Alpha was. Each game I played came down to only a hand full of tickets on each team, And I believe the fast TTK had a lot to contribute to it. Here are a few reasons I feel the TTK should stay close to where it's at.

1# Engaging vs a sniper is no longer a death sentence. Normally as a assault or medic player who PTFO If you come across a scout camping you would have almost no reason to even try shooting back. Now with the new gunplay and TTk as long as you're a good shot you can most certainly take him out. Rewarding players trying to help the team.

2# A slow TTK will ruin the new attrition system. If they remove the fast TTK it would have a major impact on how much ammo you would use. I personally hated the 1 maybe 2 kills per mag situation in bf1 and I'm mind boggled that people want to return to that. Especially with the new low ammo mechanic.

3# There should be a clear winner in a firefight. With the slower TTK that was in BF1 it was easy to run away mid firefight regain your health and situational awareness and return to the fight almost as a second chance mechanic. which rewards incompetent players and people with poor aim. once a fight has started it should finish with a clear winner.

4# The fast TTK forces you to use a lot more cover and think about when and where to move. I'm not sure about everyone else, but it was great not to see mindless people running around out of cover like headless chickens, And if you did they would most like get punished.

5# faster point retakes. with a faster TTK it makes faster retakes possible making a good squad with teamwork able to accomplish much more than other BF. You're able to clear out an area faster without it being reinforced with fresh spawns giving you a chance to defend the point you just captured.

6# REALISM. I see alot of the same people who complain about authenticity also complaining about the fast TTK. But if you want a feel more realistic you have to have a fast TTK the more bullet spongy players are the less I feel the immersion the devs stated they are aiming for. Fun fact.. BULLETS HURT.

DEAR DICE, Keep the current TTK for the love of god.

Comments

• crabman169
    12330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol your third point contradicts itself
  • trip1ex
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 4
    #1 doesn't have much to do with ttk. It's about little to no spread (recoil&dropoff) when tap firing the assault gun. medics were pretty good vs sniper in BF1. sniper had a bit more range. and medics were better inside that range. in the Alpha probably was easier to snipe with the medic sniping weapon than the sniper rifle.

#2 doesn't ruin attrition system to have higher ttk. as if they can't adjust the amount of ammo one can carry at one time and the amt of ammo a player starts with.

#3. there's always a clearcut winner with high ttk. If you need 4 shots to kill the enemy then the first one to hit the other guy with 4 shots wins. 5 shots needed to kill? Then first to 5 shots. Running away and healing was due to health regen. Nothing to do with higher ttk.

4. low ttk forces you to camp and wait for the other guy to move first. kill him and then move up. IT's a more campy game.

5. this also makes little sense. how fast you can cap a flag is almost entirely based on the rate at which the flag turns per man advantage in the flag zone. The hundreds of milliseconds difference between fast/slow ttk has next to no noticeable effect on flag caps.

6. realism doesn't equal fun.
  • von_Campenstein
    5733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

As for point 3: slower TTK doesn't reward "incompetent" players. It rewards smart players. Fast TTK favours the players running around spraying with a Hellriegel (in BF1's case). If you call that being competent, well, let's just say that I disagree.

Lol, slow ttk rewards smart players. Do you have any similar jokes?

One can argue that with a "slow" ttk à la BF1 bullet sponge TTK, it's favouring a lot more mindless running and gunning with the hellriegel than under a faster TTK. Why? Because you are facing less risks when running around and any engagement is more forgivable as you are more likely to hide or escape and regain health. Some here call this "tactical", but I would argue that it rewards more poor decision making and positioning as it sorta gives you a second chance in a situation where you should have been dead.

With a faster TTK you need to think twice when brainlessly running around as any engagement will put you back at the respawn screen if your positioning is bad or you are simply running in the open.

At then end of the day, different types of TTKs have an emphasis on different skills to be more successful, but I would certainly not say that one type rewards more smart players over another, this kind of statement is silly.

Think twice? Stand still to think once and you're dead, super fast TTK will end up just like in BF1 nothing tactical about camping corners waiting for someone else to move and die.
  • DonSharkito
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

As for point 3: slower TTK doesn't reward "incompetent" players. It rewards smart players. Fast TTK favours the players running around spraying with a Hellriegel (in BF1's case). If you call that being competent, well, let's just say that I disagree.

One can argue that with a "slow" ttk à la BF1 bullet sponge TTK, it's favouring a lot more mindless running and gunning with the hellriegel than under a faster TTK. Why? Because you are facing less risks when running around and any engagement is more forgivable as you are more likely to hide or escape and regain health. Some here call this "tactical", but I would argue that it rewards more poor decision making and positioning as it sorta gives you a second chance in a situation where you should have been dead.

With a faster TTK you need to think twice when brainlessly running around as any engagement will put you back at the respawn screen if your positioning is bad or you are simply running in the open.

At then end of the day, different types of TTKs have an emphasis on different skills to be more successful, but I would certainly not say that one type rewards more smart players over another, this kind of statement is silly.

Think twice? Stand still to think once and you're dead, super fast TTK will end up just like in BF1 nothing tactical about camping corners waiting for someone else to move and die.

I never claimed that a faster TTK was more tactical. On the contrary I don't think BF is a tactical game at all, but some forum gurus believe that a slower TTK increases the tactical aspect of the game. I am still wondering if they ever played a tactical game.

If you equate fast TTK to camping (in BF1), then you obviously do something wrong or don't play this game anymore. But by reading your signature I am not surprised. You can still play very aggressively and be successful, nothing has really changed from TTK 1.0. The players are a tad slower sometimes and some players have adopted a more campy playstyle, but overall nothing has drastically changed.

• von_Campenstein
    5733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I never claimed that a faster TTK was more tactical. On the contrary I don't think BF is a tactical game at all, but some forum gurus believe that a slower TTK increases the tactical aspect of the game. I am still wondering if they ever played a tactical game.

If you equate fast TTK to camping (in BF1), then you obviously do something wrong or don't play this game anymore. But by reading your signature I am not surprised. You can still play very aggressively and be successful, nothing has really changed from TTK 1.0. The players are a tad slower sometimes and some players have adopted a more campy playstyle, but overall nothing has drastically changed.

What are you on console? The game took a nosedive with TTKTG on PC, people camp corners with Support and Medic like never before not assisting their team in any way. I am successful I get my KD in, I get my flares off, other than that it's just way worse gameplay with fast TTK.
  • DonSharkito
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Problem is, people don't think twice. They run around oblivious to everything. They are the guys spraying with the easiest weapon.

Not my problem. People playing like that are having a hard time in a low TTK environment in BF1 and will even have a harder time in BFV.
    My statement isn't silly or a joke, simply because you disagree with it. Learn the basics of civilized discussion.

LMAO! Looking at your post history I think you should learn those basics first.

I am sorry but your argumentation is weak and calling a certain type of TTK more favourable to smarter players is a silly argument. It's my opinion and if you don't like the fact that your poor arguments are challenged don't come on a forum.

Anyway low TTK is here to stay in BF1 and BFV.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. There is plenty of shooters on the market and more to come.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't mind a faster ttk. It's always made thunfs more interesting to approach imo.
  • azelenkin0306
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fast TTK is good, when we have the following:
    • Perfect Server performance (hitreg, no delays, no latency, perfect client-server communication, no packet loss and etc.)
    • Low ping fluctuation on the server (all players have almost the same ping)
    • 60Hz servers for big game modes
    • Perfect weapon balance, when every component is balanced by another
    • All players have the same reaction time and skills :)

Since it's impossible to have all of the above at the same time (especially on consoles), then Fast TTK, while being good for one player, can be frustrating for other player.

• von_Campenstein

3:20 in for Shrouds take on TTK and that is from a guy that can put them away faster than most.
  • DonSharkito

What are you on console? The game took a nosedive with TTKTG on PC, people camp corners with Support and Medic like never before not assisting their team in any way. I am successful I get my KD in, I get my flares off, other than that it's just way worse gameplay with fast TTK.

Sorry to hear that, maybe playing with a mic'd up squad would increase your pleasure? The game undoubtedly changed a bit (for some for the best, for some others for the worst) with TTK 2.0 depending on your playstyle.

Many of my friends playing on PC moved not because of the TTK change but because BF1 is aging and there are many many other games that released on PC, unlike on console.

• Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    3:20 in for Shrouds take on TTK and that is from a guy that can put them away faster than most.

It's really interesting coming from a guy who was a CS:GO pro for years.
  • moosehunter1969
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Low TTK means frustrating insta death. That isn’t fun.
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe if there was some middle ground to it, I totally be fine with it. Forgotten how it was when the game first launched.
  • von_Campenstein
    edited July 4

Sorry to hear that, maybe playing with a mic'd up squad would increase your pleasure? The game undoubtedly changed a bit (for some for the best, for some others for the worst) with TTK 2.0 depending on your playstyle.

Many of my friends playing on PC moved not because of the TTK change but because BF1 is aging and there are many many other games that released on PC, unlike on console.

To illustrate the point, I held the C dune on Suez just now, they get the behemoth and I keep it spotted and the B flag lit at all times, no revives for the entire round and I spent far too much time looking for ammo or crouching to get some health back. My squad didn't follow any orders and we ended up getting pushed back to E for a sure loss, I took my 27-4 and left. I did my bit the team was just horrible and fell apart without any direction or logistics. What is even more embarrassing is that we were the ottomans, had I stuck around that would've been a first time ever I've seen that comeback but the gameplay was just that bad I felt dirty being on the same server as those prone losers.

This being TTK related because that changed most peoples focus, gunfights first, second and third, then maybe their duties. People are afraid of getting caught out so they hide anticipating getting attacked rather than moving up to assist the team going forward, for the most part.
  • DonSharkito

Problem is, people don't think twice. They run around oblivious to everything. They are the guys spraying with the easiest weapon.

Not my problem. People playing like that are having a hard time in a low TTK environment in BF1 and will even have a harder time in BFV.
    My statement isn't silly or a joke, simply because you disagree with it. Learn the basics of civilized discussion.

LMAO! Looking at your post history I think you should learn those basics first.

I am sorry but your argumentation is weak and calling a certain type of TTK more favourable to smarter players is a silly argument. It's my opinion and if you don't like the fact that your poor arguments are challenged don't come on a forum.

Anyway low TTK is here to stay in BF1 and BFV.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. There is plenty of shooters on the market and more to come.

I don't think my arguments are being challenged by a guy whose only counter is "oh muh gawd ur argumentz so silly mang!!!". Yeah, like I said, learn those basics and try again, pal.

I think you are salty because you feel I called you stupid for liking the TTK 2.0 - that's not at all what I meant, but if you feel that way, I think you have an issue with inferiority complex there.

And yeah, I will continue to play BF1 and I will buy BFV. Because unlike certain crybabies, I can adapt.

Next, please?

LMAO. If you don't see my counter argument in my first post to your nonsense then there is no discussion to be had.

Ofc ad hominen attacks are much better when a person like you has strictly nothing to say and has zero knowledge on the matter. Again you are showing the prime example of why you should follow your advice and learn the basics of a civilised discussion.

I am happy that devs don't listen to players like you, that don't have any clue about what they are talking about.

Kthxbye.

• DonSharkito
    edited July 4

Loqtrall wrote: »

It's really interesting coming from a guy who was a CS:GO pro for years.

EDIT: Really????????? A video on Realm Royale to prove a point on BFV?

Don't forget that the TTK in the alpha will probably change and be higher in the beta and final game.

The thing is the gunplay mechanics in the alpha were also in a "alpha" state.

By that I mean some people at Dice confirmed that not everything related to gunplay mechanics was present in the alpha.

We can expect some additions like for example stronger recoil on each weapons and more severe recoil patterns for each weapons.

Eventually I would expect the practical TTK in the beta and final game to be higher that what we have seen in the alpha, as it will be harder to maintain a pinpoint accuracy with some of the weapons and at certain range.