GPU fan speed

EdwinSpangler
1771 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is there a less invasive option to control my GPU fan speed rather than using afterburner? (Yes, got the idea from someone in another topic) I want to try NOT running afterburner but my temps will skyrocket without it running.....

Comments

• Violent_Rumble
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What graphics card do you have?
    There is always the non-software approach, some cards have a 4 pin fan connector that can be hooked up to the mobo or a front panel fan controller.
    Or you could remove the heatsink and fans off the card and use an aftermarket cooler, but this isn't exactly less evasive.
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What GPU brand do you have? If not MSI then use the GPU Brand software to regulate the fan.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Both amd and nvidia allow for fan profiles directly via drivers.
  • BigF33t_13
    6629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    In AMD Crimson, it's in the Gaming section, then either Global, or just a specific game. You can overclock and choose fan speed.
  • Aditrex
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you dont need to have open afterburner just set your fan speed and oc close it and it will still run at those settings... once you restart pc your setting will reset