Max limit on snipers.

HuMiLiAtiOn_TD
37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I want to suggest a limit on snipers in a match to prevent these boring sniper standoffs.

Something like a 1 limit per squad some thing similar to Squad/Post Scriptum. (I know these are focusing on realism but the idea would also work for casual games_)

Most likely a lot of people are going to flame on me, which is totally fine. But I have been playing battlefield since BF1942 and I have a right of speech so here is my 2 cents.

Comments

• SRI_simon
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yes please been wanting this since bf3, and it was really really needed in bf1
  • TEKNOCODE
    7685 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No and no.
  • sendjes
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Wait for custom servers to appear. Limits to classes will never happen on official, this I'm pretty sure of.
  • 24Metri
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    But theres no reason to not limit snipers in GRAND OPERATION

I dont think that in ww2 attacking side would equip and support so many snipers

They should limit snipers in OPERATIONS ON THE ATTACKING SIDE

I've already made a topic on this:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/146183/grand-operation-low-number-of-pushers-team-balance#latest
  • BetaFief
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 7
    in my opinion, the numbers of MMG's and scoped bolt-action rifles on either team should have limits that depend on the map.

ideally this would coincide with some kind of generic rifleman class that would have access to non-scoped bolt actions, or general use of non-scoped bolt actions for maybe medic, or something.

Similar limitations were/are present in other games (Day of Defeat for instance, but also Battlefield: 1942, and Battlefield: 2, if I remember right), though for some absurd reason it's not seen as a valid solution to "balance issues" anymore.
  • DingoKillr
    2632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I want to suggest a limit on snipers in a match to prevent these boring sniper standoffs.

Something like a 1 limit per squad some thing similar to Squad/Post Scriptum. (I know these are focusing on realism but the idea would also work for casual games_)

Most likely a lot of people are going to flame on me, which is totally fine. But I have been playing battlefield since BF1942 and I have a right of speech so here is my 2 cents.

Assault needs more restriction than snipers, as they just ruin my fun in game.

• Aircool_212
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hey, I'd love to see a limit on some items - Day of Defeat (Source) was great for that, but unfortunately led to some massive arguments, trolling, abuse and obtuse name calling. Plus people play how they want to play, even though that's sometimes detrimental to everyone else's game. It's bad enough when half the team are dead but not respawning because they all want the tank/plane. If anything, waiting to respawn until a vehicle is available is just as much of a problem because you could really do with those extra bodies on the battlefield.

I do think the system needs an overhaul, but I doubt we'll get it this year. At least they're not using the incredibly stupid and poorly thought out (at least from a gameplay point of view) system used in Star Wars: Battlefront II where the high scoring players get access to more and more powerful classes/hero's long before anyone else does, and then spend the whole game instagibbing everyone else. As an example of how poor that system actually is, the game gives you 100 points for dying! That's right, the system is so biased towards the very best players, that the only chance average or poor players can get of playing a better class is by dying a lot!
  • BetaFief
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hey, I'd love to see a limit on some items - Day of Defeat (Source) was great for that, but unfortunately led to some massive arguments, trolling, abuse and obtuse name calling. Plus people play how they want to play, even though that's sometimes detrimental to everyone else's game. It's bad enough when half the team are dead but not respawning because they all want the tank/plane. If anything, waiting to respawn until a vehicle is available is just as much of a problem because you could really do with those extra bodies on the battlefield.

eh, that's as simple as having some kind of "autokick for AFK", or "Force Respawn" if one waits in the spawn-screen for too long, that or the more traditional method of server admins and votekick.
  • Sixclicks
    3098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 9
    How about no? Even if you did limit snipers, you'd just have players camping back with a scoped Gewehr 43 and sniping instead. Which I personally find to be easier than using an actual bolt action rifle anyway.
  • DingoKillr
    2632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There is always this falsehood to limit sniper because 1) OP, 2) ineffective or 3) camp. I see the same parallel argument in other parts of BF which just lead to more domination by others.

Yet what do you think DICE will do after limiting? 1) If you think Sniper are OP now what do you think would happen when they are limited, 2) they would be made more effective like was done with Elites and vehicles and 3) camping would be much higher after all which player would like to loss access to their chosen kit.

In BF4 so few Rifles where used let alone effectively. BF1 things needed to change not just because of BF4 but rifles in WW1 should be a main weapon types, already look at the changes to rifles in BFV heading towards a less popular and less effective rifles.
  • pagess-
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Limiting Sniper classes is a no. For me, I love sniping and if there were such a thing implemented then I'd just be hoping servers until I can get a sniper spot. Some regions don't even have that greater player base even so that would detriment servers. Maybe just include more assignments towards the other classes or more points awarded for the other classes to give the players a better incentive towards the other classes instead.