FINALLY got the m1911 elite codex

CostanzaStan
171 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited July 7
Longest damn codex. Took all week of the grindiest play in bf1. Round after round of domination but I finally have it. It comes with some great ww1 m1911 stories. I hope to God there isn't another elite codex for a handgun. Don't punish me DICE

Comments

• robmcewen
    2665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well done, I'm nowhere near any of the new elite codices.
  • NLBartmaN
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This one will take me some time .. I maybe have 1000 kills with ALL handguns combined and more than 1000 hours played ..

Some tips, besides playing Domination?

Pistol only server maybe?
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    This one will take me some time .. I maybe have 1000 kills with ALL handguns combined and more than 1000 hours played ..

Gewehr 95 Scout, body shot with the rifle then quick switch to pistol. I've had 20+ sidearm kills in CQ matches on a number of occasions using that setup :)
  • boutneus
    2266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry did all codexes but I’m not going to torture myself for this 1. Maybe I’ll put it on scout setup and get it by the time bf6 comes out
  • NLBartmaN
    500 kills with a sidearm is indeed kind of sadistic by Dice.

Especially since your previous kills from before the patch don't count.

I just hope there are still pistol only servers around.
  • Roy57on
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At the moment I'm trying to get all the dog tags with the Tanker/Pilot weapons which works well with the M1911 since some of them behave similarly to the M1911.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3188 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 7
    500 kills with a sidearm is indeed kind of sadistic by Dice.

Especially since your previous kills from before the patch don't count.

I just hope there are still pistol only servers around.
    500 is a good level I would say. It’s an all kit sidearm and playing pistol finnisher get you tons of sidearms kills.

I got around 16.000 kills with sidearms and I never play Scout... they are extreamly powerful
  • NLBartmaN
    500 is a good level I would say. It’s an all kit sidearm and playing pistol finnisher get you tons of sidearms kills.

I got around 16.000 kills with sidearms and I never play Scout... they are extreamly powerful

500 with MP18 or any other SMG/LMG/Rifle is much easier .. I am on 400 plus with MP18 without even trying since the patch, but not even at 50 with M1911 .. I never need a sidearm, all enemies are already dead before I empty my clip with main weapon ..

I think 200 kills with a sidearm would have been enough for elite codex, if you compare it too the 500 with the other weapons.

But I will get there, will just take some time .. just have to think about best strategy to get them, like pistol only server or maybe play some more small game modes, I seem to use a sidearm more on those games.
  • crabman169
    11380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Funny how people demanded such things to be added, we got the first bunch and that was it. Now suddenly mp18 and m1911 outta nowhere?

It'd be fine if the hitreg wasn't pure trash
  • NLBartmaN
    crabman169 wrote: »

It'd be fine if the hitreg wasn't pure trash

I must say that is also a thing that makes 500 kills with a sidearm a lot more difficult ..

I fix this by playing OOR, I have a perfect higher ping on North America servers, where the Netcode doesn't compensate for my very low local ping and I have double the number of hit regs.
  • Emfysem
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I already had 500 kills with the M1911 before they added the codex. Too bad it doesn't work retroactively, but I don't think I'll bother to be honest. Won't have time before BFV arrives
  • ProLegion_exor
    3188 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

500 with MP18 or any other SMG/LMG/Rifle is much easier .. I am on 400 plus with MP18 without even trying since the patch, but not even at 50 with M1911 .. I never need a sidearm, all enemies are already dead before I empty my clip with main weapon ..

I think 200 kills with a sidearm would have been enough for elite codex, if you compare it too the 500 with the other weapons.

But I will get there, will just take some time .. just have to think about best strategy to get them, like pistol only server or maybe play some more small game modes, I seem to use a sidearm more on those games.

500 pistol kills take around 2 weeks to get just playing normal and lay 20% focus on those 1911 kills. No need for pistol servers or Scouting.

I keep pushing instead of waiting for reloads. Id you are agressive it get u tons of pistol kills.
  • robmcewen
    2665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well done, I'm no were near any of

If you like the assault class maybe pick a low ammo capacity primary like a shotgun or the RSC SMG, you'd be surprised how fast your sidearm kill will go up when you need to finish off a opponent. You will still be able to storm the trenches and blow up tanks whilst continue to use your go to class and working towards unlocking the codex.
  • NLBartmaN
    robmcewen wrote: »

If you like the assault class maybe pick a low ammo capacity primary like a shotgun or the RSC SMG, you'd be surprised how fast your sidearm kill will go up when you need to finish off a opponent. You will still be able to storm the trenches and blow up tanks whilst continue to use your go to class and working towards unlocking the codex.

Sounds like a plan to do after I have those last 100 MP18 kills for that Elite codex, will give it a try, thanks :)
  • Imabaka70
    1943 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 7

Gewehr 95 Scout, body shot with the rifle then quick switch to pistol. I've had 20+ sidearm kills in CQ matches on a number of occasions using that setup :)

This is a great method it’s what I do with the obrez course I also use that thing as a primary
  • V2Face
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have almost 2000 kills with the M1911 is the codex new or something.
  • DigitalHype
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Longest damn codex. Took all week of the grindiest play in bf1. Round after round of domination but I finally have it. It comes with some great ww1 m1911 stories. I hope to God there isn't another elite codex for a handgun. Don't punish me DICE

Same here. I finally unlocked this one yesterday, and unlocked my 311th (final) one today with the 10 Shock Operations. The M1911 kills took several days for me of playing mostly pistol-only. But, at least that was the best sidearm if you have to go that route. I found the peacekeeper 25 headshots hidden codex to be more annoying than 500 MP1911 kills though.
  • DigitalHype
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    I have almost 2000 kills with the M1911 is the codex new or something.

Yes. They added it with the SHock Operation update last month. Same issue here, I had 15 services stars on my Doughboy M1911 and several on the other 3 variants, as well. Of course they don't make those retroactive, so had to get 5 more. :(

• robmcewen

Sounds like a plan to do after I have those last 100 MP18 kills for that Elite codex, will give it a try, thanks :)

The M1900 shotgun is a lot of fun, if you like salt try the slug and watch the hate mail come in as you snipe people with a shotgun.
  • Imabaka70
    1943 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The M1900 shotgun is a lot of fun, if you like salt try the slug and watch the hate mail come in as you snipe people with a shotgun.

I can verify that the m1900 slug causes salt. 150m kill with it as well as taking down two planes with it