Is the Gen. Liu Bolt-Action mode less accurate?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Than standard bolt-actions? I miss a lot more with this rifle than I do a regular bolt-actions, and it's normally fairly easy shots that just seem to vanish or fly off into oblivion.

Anyone have the stats for this gun?

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Than standard bolt-actions? I miss a lot more with this rifle than I do a regular bolt-actions, and it's normally fairly easy shots that just seem to vanish or fly off into oblivion.

Anyone have the stats for this gun?

It’s partly because you can’t hold your breath like a scout rifle. So you have a tiny bit of sway. The irons are not the greatest but not the worst either. It doesn’t have a ton of drop either. It is basically the same feel as the gwvher 98 in speed and drop.

I only started using this rifle since the bolt action was added. I hit a roughly 380m headshot with it(using a flag as reference since you don’t get a scouts marksman bonus to tell you distance)

I’ve also noticed that if you have it in bolt action mode and you get killed and revived it goes back to selfloading mode.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    These stats are taken from the data browser. . .

Damage: 80, 100, 100, 80 @ 60, 80, 125, 165 meters respectively.
    Rate of Fire: 54.5 rounds per minute
    Muzzle Velocity: 800 m/s
    Deploy Time: 0.7 seconds
    Spread (ADS): 0.0 (Still), 1.0 (Moving)
    Spread (Hip, Stand): 2.5 (Still), 4.0 (Moving)
    Spread (Hip, Crouch): 2.0 (Still), 3.5 (Moving)
    Spread (Hip, Prone): 1.5 (Still), 3.0 (Moving)
    SIPS: 0.0
    Vertical Recoil: 2.0
    Horizontal Recoil: -1.0 to 1.0
    Recoil Decrease: 3.0

I'd assume these stats may be modified by the Factory and Storm multipliers of their respective variants. Essentially, this looks to be a straight upgrade from the Gewehr 98 Infantry, aside from the lower bullet velocity. That's not even mentioning it can be switched to a semi-automatic fire mode for a very versatile two-in-one package. Of course, there may be some other factors I'm missing that may help balance it out.
    Post edited by MegaloDorian on
  • xXFurio666Xx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How do I actually get this gun? I’m not seeing it on medic class.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How do I actually get this gun? I’m not seeing it on medic class.

It came with the in the name of the Tsar dlc so if you have all the dlc you have the weapon. Just hit down on the controller dpad or v on pc( default) and it will select bolt action instead of self loading.

I only have the factory variant unlocked cause the storm requires rifle grenades kills and I’d rather drag my nether regions thru broken glass lol
  • xXFurio666Xx
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So it’s not a new gun, it just has a new mode? Medic class has not had a new weapon since the last dlc. How many guns have the other classes had since then?
  • Imabaka70
    So it’s not a new gun, it just has a new mode? Medic class has not had a new weapon since the last dlc. How many guns have the other classes had since then?

Medic got the Federov preorder weapon it was just another variant. The thing is self loading rifles where not common during ww1 course neither were smgs assualts have. Also all the weapons added since the last dlc are just slightly different variants not totally new weapons. Other than the Burton lmg

But yeah medic got kinda shafted. The general liu if I remember my history right is now accurate to its true weapon with alternate fire modes.