Need Help . Peacemaker gun

forsa6200
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
According to Jackfrags' video all you need to proceed to get the gun on Passchendaele was to equip one of the front phantom dogtag, one back phantom dogtag and the Escalation M1917 LMG skin.

For the front dogtag I only have "The Omen" dogtag since it was the easiest to do.

So i equip all three and jump into Passchendaele to finally get my gun.

However inside the tunnel like 9 levels in, just before the next button, I heard an eerie sound (just like those after you completed other tasks) and suddenly my health dropped to zero and died. Happened to me twice, i even recorded it.

Do i really need to get the rest of the phantom dogtag before i get this stupid gun? because it is ridiculously hard to get the other two. especially on console.

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    forsa6200 wrote: »
    According to Jackfrags' video all you need to proceed to get the gun on Passchendaele was to equip one of the front phantom dogtag, one back phantom dogtag and the Escalation M1917 LMG skin.

For the front dogtag I only have "The Omen" dogtag since it was the easiest to do.

However inside the tunnel like 9 levels in, just before the next button, I heard an eerie sound (just like those after you completed other tasks) and suddenly my health dropped to zero and died. Happened to me twice, i even recorded it.

Do i really need to get the rest of the phantom dogtag before i get this stupid gun? because it is ridiculously hard to get the other two. especially on console.

You need all the tags. For the beginning record each morse message to YouTube and have someone on the bfee(battlefield Easter egg community) discord or on the Easter egg help post on this forum if not wanting to do them yourself.

The conflict is the same way ask someone on the discord for help. I had to have help on conflict since I couldn’t get the light puzzle figured out.
  • forsa6200
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    forsa6200 wrote: »

You need all the tags. For the beginning record each morse message to YouTube and have someone on the bfee(battlefield Easter egg community) discord or on the Easter egg help post on this forum if not wanting to do them yourself.

The conflict is the same way ask someone on the discord for help. I had to have help on conflict since I couldn’t get the light puzzle figured out.

Figured, thanks for your input, the 2 tags are the hardest so far to get this thing done.
  • 123arnie456
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i dont know if you are on console or not, but i used morse code decoder app on my phone. set words per minute on 20 to 22 and the other stats 731 and 2107. then i plugged headphones in my controller and pressed it against the speaker. works like a charm.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    [/quote]You need all the tags. [/quote]

You do not need the Room dogtag to get the gun.
  • ElliotLH
    8971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    I honestly can't recommend (or thank) the people on the BFEE Discord enough. So far some lovely people there have helped me with the An Escalation skin and the An Omen tag as I couldn't work out the morse - definitely worth a visit if you're getting stuck like I was.
  • forsa6200
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    You need all the tags. [/quote]

You do not need the Room dogtag to get the gun.[/quote]

Too late, just got all the dogtags last night. LoL but good info for those whose just starting
  • DeliriousAir
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i dont know if you are on console or not, but i used morse code decoder app on my phone. set words per minute on 20 to 22 and the other stats 731 and 2107. then i plugged headphones in my controller and pressed it against the speaker. works like a charm.

I don't know app you are using but all the ones I used didn't work. What is the name of the tsar n you used
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As above, save the video to Youtube, and send it to the BFEE guys.....They are amazing

Prepare for disappointment with the gun. Its powerful, but is wildly hard to control in hip fire, desperately slow to fire in ADS and the reload is Terrible. Nowhere near as good as the Autorevolver. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I should have added - I would wish for no man to have to go through the pain of getting the Peacekeeper.  It is the single least fun I have ever had in a video game.

You watch the YouTubers and think it will take a few hours.....maybe 5 or 6? Triple it and imagine doing it while putting pins in your eyes. 

My advice, just don't bother. ITS NOT WORTH IT......
  • Titan_Awaken
    917 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't know app you are using but all the ones I used didn't work. What is the name of the tsar n you used
    Ain't likely to get a response from the guy on a thread that's over a year and a half old. 

/necro
  • ElliotLH
    8971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You can use Morse Code Agent, as it's OK for this. Personally I find it easier to just use Audacity to get the morse and then use the various tools the lovely BFEE people have. Honestly though it might just be easier to join the BFEE Discord and ask them for a hand.

But, yes, necro.
  • MarxistDictator
    5064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Peacekeeper is a literal get gud cannon. This is why it has the BF3 magnum damage model. The recoil can be easily tamed on console since the gun has a full auto mode...it would be hilariously broken if it copied the Gasser’s recoil pattern along with most of its other stats. Auto revolver is like a 4 hit kill by the distance the Peacekeeper loses 2 hit kills. Headshots kill in one hit. Quality over quantity.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    That is a fair point, but most pistol engagements are very close and personal, reducing the importance of that advantage. 

Interestingly my KPM with both guns is pretty similar, so mau]bye I protest too much, but I have been killed countless times by the terrible reload.........
  • MarxistDictator
    5064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    One is better for sustained CQB fighting and one is just better at killing. It’s like the Cei Riggoti vs the Autoloading .35, when it comes to two great players the one with the .35 is always going to win. Just passed the 20k mark with the Peacekeeper the other day. It is the light.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    One is better for sustained CQB fighting and one is just better at killing. It’s like the Cei Riggoti vs the Autoloading .35, when it comes to two great players the one with the .35 is always going to win. Just passed the 20k mark with the Peacekeeper the other day. It is the light.

Fair points well made. Can’t argue with that. ;-)
  • TheGM86
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is a fair point, but most pistol engagements are very close and personal, reducing the importance of that advantage. 
    I can delete you with one head shot. I don't care how fast your little pistol fires. One and Done, Son.
    As for reloading. Reloading in battle is an exhilarating experience. slamming a silver bullet into a well greased chamber. 6 Shots, more than enough to kill anything that moves.
  • MarxistDictator
    Just the headshot kill was enough, but then they went and harvested basically all the best traits from the rest of the gate loaded revolvers.

257 RPM fire cap from the Bulldog (SMG 08/18 TTK benchmark), automatic fire/2 hit kill range/SLR tier accuracy from the Gasser and a tactical reload/good muzzle velocity like the Nagant only its a proper revolver reload instead. For a ‘joke’ weapon it literally destroys every sidearm 1v1 if it’s already deployed which is it’s only real weakness; the 0.9 second draw time.
  • WetFishDB
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've gone back to my Auto Revolver.  It's the deploy time that's the bigger problem with the Peacekeeper - all those spins can make the difference sometimes.
  • MarxistDictator
    That’s why I think the fact that it’s BF1 does it huge favours. You aren’t at an immediate disadvantage running a pistol in this game, and most of the kits work just fine with near non existent pistol usage (assault and support from my experience). So why not just pick one that is more of it’s own second weapon than a backup for the minority of firefights. I run around with just the Peacekeeper out almost a 1/4 of the time as medic, because I save the SLR for the 22m+ range the Peacekeeper isn’t facerolling 80% of the guns in the game in raw TTK at.
  • WetFishDB
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That’s why I think the fact that it’s BF1 does it huge favours. You aren’t at an immediate disadvantage running a pistol in this game, and most of the kits work just fine with near non existent pistol usage (assault and support from my experience). So why not just pick one that is more of it’s own second weapon than a backup for the minority of firefights. I run around with just the Peacekeeper out almost a 1/4 of the time as medic, because I save the SLR for the 22m+ range the Peacekeeper isn’t facerolling 80% of the guns in the game in raw TTK at.
    I get what you are saying, I do tend to do the same for the most part (run with my pistol out).  My issue is the times when you need to switch between the two.  Maybe you are shooting at someone out at 30m and suddenly someone comes from the side at you up close, or because there's too many and you run out of ammo.  It's those times that the quicker deploy time means you can pop pop dead at the assault more reliably than spinny spinny pop dead (if you get the headshot). 

And also the reload is a big problem on the peacekeeper for me.  There are times when you've expended your primary (maybe shooting at a horse) and then deal with a couple up close with the pistol and you need to reload.  With the Peacekeeper it makes more sense to switch back to the primary and then reload that, whereas the Auto Revolver is quicker to get you back into the action.  Don't get me wrong, there's lots to love about the Peacekeeper and I keep it as my pistol of choice in anything but medic class, but the Auto Revolver is just more consistent for me to give up.