Banned for using a logitech mouse

xdisembowel
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So I wanted to play BF4 again recently but its quite hard because I got global banned in 2014 for the reason "GAME HOOK". I appealed the ban but they didn't lift it. It still bugs me a little bit because I never cheated so I started searching what a "GAME HOOK" even is. Turns out it might actually be a part of the mouse driver package from Logitech. Thanks Logitech. :)

Comments

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 10
    You have that violation logged since 2014. Why you come with this information now?
    Looking further into your claim, the only thing I can find with "120046" and "Logitech" in it, is a Gentoo Linux buglist from 2006... Something completely unrelated to gaming.
  • xdisembowel
    You have that violation logged since 2014. Why you come with this information now?
    Looking further into your claim, the only thing I can find with "120046" and "Logitech" in it, is a Gentoo Linux buglist from 2006... Something completely unrelated to gaming.

I just found it funny how you can get global banned for simply using a logitech mouse. This had to be the reason, no other way to explain it.

File: GameHook.dll

"This program is part of the mouse driver package from Logitech Corporation for its pointing products. It is responsible for hooking (interfacing) with various games in order to permit the drivers to enable game-specific settings (such as programmable function keys)."
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 10

I just found it funny how you can get global banned for simply using a logitech mouse. This had to be the reason, no other way to explain it.

File: GameHook.dll

"This program is part of the mouse driver package from Logitech Corporation for its pointing products. It is responsible for hooking (interfacing) with various games in order to permit the drivers to enable game-specific settings (such as programmable function keys)."

I just find it hard to believe that you are the only one. Lot's of people use Logitech. Haven't found any that had your specific violation. The violation code does not contain any information about what triggered it. Game Hook is only a name given to a certain detection.
    Anyway, I think the only thing you can do is to try and appeal (again) at EvenBalance: https://www.evenbalance.com/support.php/ Notify them you suspect that Logitech has caused your ban and provide evidence for that. They will investigate. If they don't find it to be a mistake, unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do for you.
    Edit: I see you were able to play on a PB enabled server. This means that you do not have a PB Global. You should be fine when you play on Official servers.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • MeanMachineAngel
    6025 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    can you show us the ban message?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited July 10
    can you show us the ban message?

https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-unofficial-ban-18152.html
    Also banned on GGC for the same violation.
  • MeanMachineAngel
    6025 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    yeah as I thought its a violation not a global ban though.
  • xdisembowel
    I appealed multiple times but they dont even respond at evenbalance, I dont really care that much. Maybe its not a global ban but I can hardly join any server and when I can after a bit the server admins notice my ban and manually ban me from there too.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While its true that Logitech provides a files for the setpointer called gamehook.dll (its normally hidden).
    its not what PB describes it to be.
    A gamehook can also be a program or dll who is attaching itself to a file (in this case protected by a given AC).
    You also have keyhooks, who changes the behaviour of a keyboard or controller whatever needed, some macroeditor also save themselfes as keyhooks.
    As written above you will have to re-appeal your ban with the log of running processes as evidence.
  • MeanMachineAngel
    I appealed multiple times but they dont even respond at evenbalance, I dont really care that much. Maybe its not a global ban but I can hardly join any server and when I can after a bit the server admins notice my ban and manually ban me from there too.

well they wont. it's a violation. its not a ban.

the ban is from pbbans and gcc. so you would need to appeal to them.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited July 11

well they wont. it's a violation. its not a ban.

the ban is from pbbans and gcc. so you would need to appeal to them.

And they need EB to confirm that the violation is a false positive (either via a trouble ticket or via a announcement on the EB site). Violations shown on 3rd party anti-cheats are actually PB kicks logged on servers running the AC's plugin.
    PBBans, GGC, BF4DB and ACI basically turn the kicks in permanent suspensions on servers running their plugin. But we as 3rd parties have no idea what caused the kick in the first place as those kicks are directly streamed from EB servers, not ours. We just show the kick message.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • MeanMachineAngel
    Yup I know, I'm curious to why he thinks its a global ban though
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Yup I know, I'm curious to why he thinks its a global ban though

Ah I see, ye I wonder that too.
  • xdisembowel
    I dunno man maybe because I can only join like 1 out of 100000000000 servers? Feels pretty global to me that it forced me to stop playing 4 years ago
  • cspurgeon
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Myself i gave up because the people at evenbalance and GGC.net believe they are right no matter what... I was accused of hacking a long time ago too but if you check my profiles on BF4 and BF3 well the stats speak mountains.
  • cspurgeon
    your best bet... You need to buy a new copy and sign in with a new username at origin (new email and everything b/c it will leave a electronic trail and they will still ban you.
  • MeanMachineAngel
    I dunno man maybe because I can only join like 1 out of 100000000000 servers? Feels pretty global to me that it forced me to stop playing 4 years ago

The ban would have said the message, but you havent appealed at ggc or pbbans, and they are the ones who run their own banlists, and its those you are banned on.
  • xdisembowel

The ban would have said the message, but you havent appealed at ggc or pbbans, and they are the ones who run their own banlists, and its those you are banned on.

wrong

"This GUID has been banned due to a violation being triggered from evenbalance and is only being held by us. Please open a ticket at evenbalance before you proceed with this appeal:"
  • cspurgeon

wrong

"This GUID has been banned due to a violation being triggered from evenbalance and is only being held by us. Please open a ticket at evenbalance before you proceed with this appeal:"

Let me know if they help you at all xD
  • MeanMachineAngel

wrong

I am not wrong, even balance have NOT banned you. You have been banned by 2 third party sites who took the violation and turned it into a ban.

You can play on punkbuster enabled sites, you can play on official sites. You cannot play on ggc or pbban sites, because the appeal status there is open ie it hasnt been appealed and denied.

tldr;

You havent been banned by evenbalance, so you have no ban to appeal there.
    You havent been banned for using logitech mouse software, I used logitech and logitech software until last year.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited July 11
    Dem it @MeanMachine , I feel stupid.. I did not realize you were Starscream xD