Shock Ops extended this game's life

ssjsnoop
302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hey guys,

Just want to say I am so happy that Shock Operations exist. Getting 5 new OPs, although small scale, has breathed new life into the game for me when I thought I was done with BF1 months ago.

They may be only 2 battalions, 40v40, and not the 3 regular 64 player ops we should have gotten in the last 2 DLCs but they are better than nothing and it's more fun playing these maps in Ops than CQ.

I really wish Nivelle Nights was one of the maps but beggars can't be choosers.

Also I know why but I wish I could choose Shock Ops form the Operations menu. More epic that way lol

Please share your thoughts.

Comments

• magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They're fun.i never win. Enjoyable at least.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never played it, never will.
  • Buzzkill66
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played it for the first time today. I feel the same way. Gonna be my go to mode for now.
  • boutneus
    2475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Zeebrugge is a spawnrape fest, rest is semi doable. My favorite is giant, lots of stuff going on
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s fun when two teams can fight hard for a victory, a stomp is never fun.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shock Ops is a nice middle ground between Operations and Frontlines. I especially like it on Giant's Shadow (my favorite map).
  • disposalist
    8682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Suffers the same horrible balance issues as normal Ops, but is shorter...
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some people call it unbalanced gameplay. I call it asymmetrical gameplay. Spices things up.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Frontline is better.
  • TheGM86
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    Some people call it unbalanced gameplay. I call it asymmetrical gameplay. Spices things up.
    There is Asymmetrical and then there is only winning on attack because the defenders are all Turnips.
  • SlugSniper
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    There is Asymmetrical and then there is only winning on attack because the defenders are all Turnips.

Delicious.

I've found that, when both teams have at least half a braincell, the fights are pretty even and delightfully explosive.
  • trip1ex
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for a day and now i'm over it. IT was fun playing on parts of maps I don't play much on, but once that passed I got over it. Not a fan of OPs and that transfer really well to Shock Ops.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »

Delicious.

I've found that, when both teams have at least half a braincell, the fights are pretty even and delightfully explosive.

Braincell is that a new energy drink?
  • disposalist
    8682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 2018
    I meant more balance from team balance rather than map design.

The problem with the modes that heavily rely on pushing objectives and working together is players just don't do that very often. Also sometimes one team gets a squad that works together and with small teams it makes a massive difference. Or the skill balance calculation is bad.

Combine that with only having 20 players and if a few decide not to PTFO the game is ruined.

It's a real shame as the concept of Ops (and Frontlines and Rush) are excellent.