BF1 Banned players can join server.

SemperFi-Mantis
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Hello, i noticed that banned players can join the server(s) they are banned on. i noticed it when i banned a very salty guy in game chat. After i banned him he just rejoined, then i tried it on my 2nd account and also with this one i just join back see the video's i made. And today i filled the servers and who did i see in our server, the Racist guy we banned a long time ago. He even copied us by renting his own server with our name in it. but he is playing right now and being Racist in chat again.

Our Ban list is not full and we have it on all 3 servers.

vid 1 :
vid 2 testing with my idle account :

Any one else having this issue ?

Hope this get fix soon

Greetz Semperfi-Mantis

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    960 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'll check later, I'm banned from a couple of Domination servers.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    I couldn't join either one, so this is not a clear-cut case. Perhaps newer bans don't take effect or something.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @MachoFantast1c0, thats not the case, as i saw a player join our server, and he is banned along time ago
  • MachoFantast1c0
    It must be something else then.
  • OddJob001
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    AOD has this issue as of recent also. Banned players able to join. Sometimes their names even disappear from the ban lists (we keep very good records).
  • -Antares65z
    1025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OddJob001 wrote: »
    AOD has this issue as of recent also. Banned players able to join. Sometimes their names even disappear from the ban lists (we keep very good records).

Are the bans that are disappearing off the list the older ones?
  • Jaskaman
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 1
    Same happened with us yesterday, we banned a very toxic guy and he kept on coming back and being even more toxic. I think there is some issues with the banlist, but mostly it's working (or at least I hope so).
    We have also noticed that sometimes bans are disappearing from the list but it's random.
  • Braddock512
    1012 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager
    This has been forwarded to the team via our weekly report.

@Red_Spider - Can you guys take a look at this?
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    @Braddock512 I think its working now, cause i didn't see any banned players after the summer update. i even banned a cheater today, i got the message cant ban the player but the server did ban him, when i joined our other servers in spectator mode to ban the cheater on there to, i didn't get the message. so i think its fixed.
  • SemperFi-HonorNL
    488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 4
    Note: We do need to re-enter the ban at least 2 times though.

Odly enough I did bump into a suspected cheater yesterday. A lvl 4 account and this person could see me, with my full name, in spectator mode. Which was interesting. Asked other admins to check if they could see mee, which they could not.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    edited August 8
    Update : On our SF2 server that runs the best maps and map vote, we still cant ban people. today i got some reports from randoms with proof of guys cheating, i looked at the vids and they are indeed, now i wanted to ban those 2 guys for cheating but server keeps saying couldn't ban the player. while the ingame name is the same as i type : see screenshot. https://gyazo.com/c331f7d2bbc728876265e9ce4d64abb7

https://gyazo.com/043a2f33134f9256c93119c2037bfbf4

i've had this with both of the cheaters, even the name copied from origin and paste in bf1 admin ban list, still couldn't ban the player.
    while 1 guy i know he played on our server before, and the guy in the screenshots was just now ingame and me in spectator.

and our other 2 servers sf1 and sf3 are working with banning

Greetz

Semperfi-Mantis

• Red_Spider
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Live QA
    Thanks for the report. Speaking with Semperfi-Mantis I believe the banned players being able to join was resolved in the Summer update, but i have passed the not being able to ban issue along for investigation.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    Thank you mate!!
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    @Red_Spider i found it, its not any issue, but on that server the banlist is full its as 200 exact. srry for this! my fault, the 60 bans is on other server.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    edited August 8
    really hope the ban list can be updated so we can ban more cheaters. and the thing now we have to go unban some people, i keep a list with all cheaters i've banned, but not all admins do it :( grrrr.
    and there are some salty people in the ban list aswell as racist ones,

the salty ones i have no problem with to unban, but with the Cheaters and the Racist ones i do. why can this me more easier as in bf4 to see why they are banned,

Also with banning a player, you have 4 options : offensive behavior, latency, Rule violation and other, why isn't there a cheating in. and in the ban list sorted like playername - offensive behavior, and other playername - cheating. then you can keep track of it now its a choas :(
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    edited August 9
    @Red_Spider server(s) are lagging & rubberbanding again.
    i recorded some game play of it.

And i'm not the only one who have it, many other players to in the server.
    vid :
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Jaskaman
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 9
    We have same issues with lagging -eg. today it's totally unplayable to our members -
    like this:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineDirtyDunlinFutureMan

Edit: lagging nearly stopped at midnight.
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    8243 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    Can confirm server lag issues across most servers I've been on since the patch.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    edited August 10
    @Red_Spider Today before i went to work, i put 3 of my accounts and one other admin account in our server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/3642528640917 to start filling it.
    Just now i came home, all accountS were idle kicked, meaning the server was started, so i wanted to fill the rest of our servers, i looked at the 1st server i started with today, and it was empty, so meaning it crashed. So the crashing of the servers is happening again.

I will keep an eye out and send in the network graph with the instance if it keeps crashing

edit : was only one crash of 1 server. will keep an eye on it!
    Post edited by SemperFi-Mantis on
  • Jaskaman
    @Red_Spider Today before i went to work, i put 3 of my accounts and one other admin account in our server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/3642528640917 to start filling it.
    Just now i came home, all accountS were idle kicked, meaning the server was started, so i wanted to fill the rest of our servers, i looked at the 1st server i started with today, and it was empty, so meaning it crashed. So the crashing of the servers is happening again.

I will keep an eye out and send in the network graph with the instance if it keeps crashing

edit : was only one crash of 1 server. will keep an eye on it!

Happened to our server as well, kicked people out around 08:00 CEST. Was on preround 10 people at server.