Is DICE kiling BF3 and BF4 deliberately to promote BF1 and BFV?

RamDev-Baba
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I have noticed that there are weird issue going on with BF3 and bf4 recently.
I cant connect to any server today in above mentioned games. I tried repairing bf3 and bf4 but it didn't fixed anything.
There are issue with these games like when I try to join server with X amount of players the servers are empty. But BF1 runs with no issues. Also called as player seeding or server seeding.
I believe DICE/EA is deliberately killing off these games to increase popularity of BF1 and upcoming BF V.

Your thoughts??

Comments

• Ameeba37
    1733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, I dont think they are doing it deliberately, that would require some kind of action. They are letting it happen because its an old game which dont make much money anymore and they most likely wont spend time on correcting errors (some been there for years!).
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9757 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have noticed that there are weird issue going on with BF3 and bf4 recently.
    I cant connect to any server today in above mentioned games. I tried repairing bf3 and bf4 but it didn't fixed anything.
    There are issue with these games like when I try to join server with X amount of players the servers are empty. But BF1 runs with no issues. Also called as player seeding or server seeding.
    I believe DICE/EA is deliberately killing off these games to increase popularity of BF1 and upcoming BF V.

Your thoughts??

My thoughts are, If it were true, Don't you think the whole mp of Bad Company 2 would have been shut down by now to promote BF3 and BF4?

It's easy to see things happen and do the math of 2+2 and come up with the answer of = 8, But no, I truly don't believe that to be the case.

BF3 and BF4 are both still selling to this day as far as I know.
  • BomberHaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No lol. The decision for players to play BF4 or 3 or even 2 and 1942 is their own decision.

Sure with new versions people and attention will shift and focus, but BF is a brand and people work hard to get this good, why would you trash that?
    I'm an economist so not blind to the fact EA DICE have bean counters and investors to report to, profit is not a dirty word even in the games industry, but those market mechanics dont apply in this instance.
  • PopyBear4
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yep. I was majorly disappointed when BF5 was announced as WWII. What a GIANT letdown. I may get BF5 once price drops, but I can just about guarantee there will be much more BF4 played still.
  • DevilsBathtub
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    Yep. I was majorly disappointed when BF5 was announced as WWII. What a GIANT letdown. I may get BF5 once price drops, but I can just about guarantee there will be much more BF4 played still.

did you enjoy the beta?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9757 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Why disappointed?

We've had modern era many times already now, with BF2, BC2, BF3, BF4 , BFH in a cops and robbers scenario.

The last WW2 BF game ( on PC ) was BF 1942 which came out in September 2002, That's a 16 year gap from the last one to this new one.
    The last WW2 BF game ( on console ) was BF 1943 which came out in July 2009, That is still a substantial gap between the last and the new one.

It was always going to happen, Bringing BF back to it's roots in World War 2.
  • PopyBear4
    Need to throw BF1 in that mix too. I'd liked to have seen BF5 come out two years ago in place of BF1 and then modern era come out this year. I love the modern setting. Grew up on nothing but WWII games. Don't take much of them to burn me out anymore. That's all
  • PopyBear4

did you enjoy the beta?

It wasn't bad. It has some potential. If gameplay is much more like BF of the past, I will spend some time with it. I will spend more time on BF4 though...unless they really mash BF5 out of the park.
  • Phnatom
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got Battlefield one for free last week, so glad i didnt buy it. Really dont like it and not looking forward to the new one either. I prefer modern combat not WW themed.. thats why i reinstalled 4 :-)
  • _HOBOCOP_mD
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They aren't killing BF3/4, but they won't lift a finger to keep them alive either. Lots of easily reproducible bugs will never be fixed, and battlelog is a mess right now with servers showing incorrect player counts. Joining a server that you think is full, only to find out there are 10 players is pretty unacceptable for a big company like EA to do nothing about.
  • ragnarok013
    1103 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Medal of Honor Warfighter and Hardline still have servers despite being largely ghost towns so games like BF3 and BF4 that have large active player bases are not being killed off intentionally.
  • Marten2018
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 13
    [post removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no, but server owners and admins are doing a good job of killing BF4 as it is.
  • Marten2018
    edited October 13
    If it is not EA and DICE let [removed] continue for many years of illegal behavior, Do you think the situation in Asia will be so out of control?

I just want to say a BF4 server owner from China, Why use his custom rules, To force all Asia server owners to cooperate and even have to pay protection fees?

NO VIP, NO EXPLOSIVES = Is the reason to be launched by [removed] DDoS attack?

In addition, Who can allow the public to declare "NO EXPLOSIVES", But as long as you pay for the VIP, you can get a white list, Can carry out unfair slaughter? (Even promoting cheating)

Is this rule allowed by EA? If this is the act of EA acquiescence, EA and DICE will be accomplices.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Marten2018
    In the past few days, My server is once again the target of DDoS attacks.

I am very disappointed with EA and DICE, Because according to my server provider i3D.NET, this is the bug of BF4 itself.

i3D.NET is powerless and can't solve this problem for me.

This is because of the code of the battlelog website, provide too much server information to let DDoS attackers know.

Our money is being wasted every day.

I am very grateful to EA for being a game company that allows criminal behavior, You cover the criminal behavior of these people, and do not intend to take any legal action.

Don't try to solve this problem, Your actions are all about letting us server owners waste money.

I will emphasize again, Do you really think that €222.87 is pocket money?

If this is the case, I can only curse your EA/DICE and go bankrupt as soon as possible.
  • RustedRoot
    2707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Marten2018 wrote: »
    I am very grateful to EA for being a game company that allows criminal behavior, You cover the criminal behavior of these people, and do not intend to take any legal action.
    EA has NOTHING to do with third party server providers. If a server is being DDoS attacked, then it is the responsibility of the Server provider to address that.

• SpoolaZ
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 11
    In the past few days, My server is once again the target of DDoS attacks.

I am very disappointed with EA and DICE, Because according to my server provider i3D.NET, this is the bug of BF4 itself.

i3D.NET is powerless and can't solve this problem for me.

This is because of the code of the battlelog website, provide too much server information to let DDoS attackers know.

Our money is being wasted every day.

Don't try to solve this problem, Your actions are all about letting us server owners waste money.

I will emphasize again, Do you really think that €222.87 is pocket money?

If this is the case, I can only curse your EA/DICE and go bankrupt as soon as possible.

Why do you still rent the server?
    The hackers are attacking and DDos servers as easy as they can cheat in this game series, as you see. There is no protection against them , why even spend hard earned money to host the server for these cheating scum?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 12
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    EA has NOTHING to do with third party server providers. If a server is being DDoS attacked, then it is the responsibility of the Server provider to address that.

Depends. The overseeding can be considered a layer 7 DoS made possible by a weakness in EA / Dice software (simplified explanation). These things are their responsibility to fix as 3rd parties are not even allowed to make adjustments to the server software. Many 3rd party hosts have contacted EA about this as they are required to pass this kind of abuse on to them, but they are ignored. Those 3rd party hosts are losing revenue because they take the blame for an issue that isn't even their responsibility to fix.
    "Normal" DoS attacks are indeed the responsibility of the host itself.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on