CA can we get Helmet customization for BF1?

NICK-ALTMAN
99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 11
CA can we get Helmet customization? I really hate some of the models. It would be seen only by the player on his PC. I would really like to give the German machine gunner the normal helmet. That goes for some other crazy helmets in game. You know just a small option. It doesn't need to change other peoples game just for those who would like to have more historical helmets on in game models.
Post edited by NICK-ALTMAN on

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3675 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 8
    About two years too late.

I’d really like them to add a Buddhist statue on the Dragon valley map on BF2 in the temple for added authenticity.

PLEASE Dice.
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    About two years too late.

I’d really like them to add a Buddhist statue on the Dragon valley map on BF2 in the temple for added authenticity.

PLEASE Dice.

Haha. That is off topic but that is a really good map.
  • mrtwotimes
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can I get into the Bad Company beta?
  • crabman169
    12655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been asking for it since before launch; know what happens? They realise the next title full to the brim with customisation
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Been asking for it since before launch; know what happens? They realise the next title full to the brim with customisation

So you mean BF V is gonna have helmet customization?
  • crabman169
    12655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

As in different headgear options yes; no idea if you can actually customise the headgear itself or it will have different versions (say a regular Brodie, one with netting etc)
  • GerocK-
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Helmets specifically are not confirmed yet I believe, but reading this makes it a fairly safe assumption:

Now, Battlefield V will push those visuals much further with what's called The Company system. The process of Battlefield V customization will see players given the option to alter the look of their soldiers, weapons, and vehicles, and the depth of this system sounds as though it will be much more extensive than most games within the genre offer

Source: https://screenrant.com/battlefield-v-customization-explained/
  • FerrariF1993
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes I wanted this feature for ages too bad we will not get it.

The Central Powers and the Allies all have awesome and unique helmets and caps.

But I also want to give the German support the Stalhelm rather than the ugly Gaede helmet. Also the Ottoman support to get the Stalhelm rather than the Arab cap.
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    Yes I wanted this feature for ages too bad we will not get it.

The Central Powers and the Allies all have awesome and unique helmets and caps.

But I also want to give the German support the Stalhelm rather than the ugly Gaede helmet. Also the Ottoman support to get the Stalhelm rather than the Arab cap.

Yeah, that is basically my idea. A little customization option. And maybe just to the host to see it. I mean I set all machine gunners to Stalhem in my game. You can keep the, with Gaede in your game. How many soldiers actually had Geade helmet anyways?
  • crabman169
    Regarding the Grade helm; mg gunner in Verdun (who has access to mg08/mg15/Madsen) uses it and looks pretty much identical with bf1's German Support minus the greatcoat
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    Regarding the Grade helm; mg gunner in Verdun (who has access to mg08/mg15/Madsen) uses it and looks pretty much identical with bf1's German Support minus the greatcoat

What do you mean?
  • crabman169

What do you mean?

You know how the German Support looks like in bf1 right? Well a German squad in Verdun that has access to lmgs such as the Madsen looks exactly like him just without the greatcoat; its just interesting because since launch people thought he looked out of place yet tired Verdun being more realistic and historically accurate
  • TheGM86
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CA can we get Helmet customization? I really hate some of the models. It would be seen only by the player on his PC. I would really like to give the German machine gunner the normal helmet.
    I always wanted to be able to give the German Scout a German head but no dice from... dice.

• boutneus
    2407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Customization, the less the better. I like to easily distinguish what class my opponent is using, without having to look through 100 mask/wigs/outfits first. This isn’t GTA
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    CA can we get Helmet customization? I really hate some of the models. It would be seen only by the player on his PC. I would really like to give the German machine gunner the normal helmet.
    I always wanted to be able to give the German Scout a German head but no dice from... dice.

Yeah, that is another issue. But lets stick to helmets here. I would like to have the English medic also a brodie helmet.
  • NICK-ALTMAN

What do you mean?

You know how the German Support looks like in bf1 right? Well a German squad in Verdun that has access to lmgs such as the Madsen looks exactly like him just without the greatcoat; its just interesting because since launch people thought he looked out of place yet tired Verdun being more realistic and historically accurate

I didn't know there was a special German squad in Verdun. I must check it out.
  • crabman169

What do you mean?

There are several who have access to different weapons and uniforms (e.g. one squad has a member who has access to the mp18 whilst other have 3 grenades and a shovel)
  • NICK-ALTMAN

What do you mean?

There are several who have access to different weapons and uniforms (e.g. one squad has a member who has access to the mp18 whilst other have 3 grenades and a shovel)

Do you have to chose a different uniform or it is default in the squad?
  • crabman169

What do you mean?

Do you have to chose a different uniform or it is default in the squad?

Each squad had their own historically accurate uniform which depending on your squad level (accumulated experience with others) will reflect uniforms from 1914-1918. So for example the French start out in their bright blue and red uniforms and if you play with them enough you will progress the years till the 1918 blue like bf1's french forces wear.
  • crabman169
    edited August 11