The official Battlefield (2019) speculation thread

HawkeyeAM47
984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So, this may be way to early, with BFV right around the corner.
So, I "Think" Dice LA(BF4,BF1) are working on the title coming in 2019.
What setting are you guys thinking?
I'm personally hoping for the USSR clash with NATO in the 80's with us playing maps from Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan Vietnam, south Africa (Rhodesia)
BUT, that's my preference I'm sure we can all speculate what DICE is doing but what do you guys think?

Comments

• CRAZY_EVAN1
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 9
    yeah that idea is based off of an alternate cold war. it could be done.

I was expecting another battlefield Vietnam back before bf1. the way I see it if they did that it is bringing the next generation of gamers up to speed. lush green forests, crystal clear rivers, streams and lakes. maybe with a narrative somewhere detailing the history, detailing the war, detailing the progression of the war. sound bytes of American politicians and Vietnamese and so on. it would be a reboot, but a good one.

maybe a war on terrorism game as well. one problem with that however it will probably upset the family values groups and veteran groups by being able to play as the insurgency like in medal of honor.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    3360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not getting bf game made by LA. Never ever.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    2143, I think after 3 years of by than being back to historical settings- the hunger for futuristic titles will be back.
    also since EA screwed Battlefront so hard and Disney probably not wanting to affiliate with EA anymore, there is a free slot for Battlefield again.
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    2143, I think after 3 years of by than being back to historical settings- the hunger for futuristic titles will be back.
    also since EA screwed Battlefront so hard and Disney probably not wanting to affiliate with EA anymore, there is a free slot for Battlefield again.

what is the name? call of duty? not ww2 but that futuristic title? my god, awful.

but it is still a valid idea so I still think they should go for it.
  • PopsicleStealer
    1206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Its Bad Company 3.