Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The ZH-29 is honestly a better sniper rifle than any bolt action. Why even bother going for headshots. And it's not even an issue if the enemy immediately uses their bandages since you don't need to spend 3/4 of a second chambering another round just to follow up your shot. Even if they're taking advantage of the absurdly fast strafe speed in the game to dodge your shots (as is all so common when trying to line up a headshot with a bolt action), it won't matter because you've got 5 rounds which you can fire in the time it takes you to fire 2 rounds with a bolt action.
    So use the ZH-29...?

I think you're playing recon wrong if you're worried about someone strafe dodging your shots and healing.

The primary purpose of recon is stealth. If you want to charge into battle pick a different class.

If you want to run around 1 shotting with a bolt action, or 1 shot with rifle then spray secondary maybe battlefield isn't the game for you.

Battlefield is class based, this means that various classes have different strengths and weaknesses.

Recon's primary strength is the ability to find enemies with the spot flare, and kill them in 1 shot to the head from any range; no other class can do that.

but but assault can do this, support can do that but but but... NOOOOO! You're doing it wrong.

High damage in 1 shot to the body at any range is not difficult or balanced no matter how you try to spin it.

Maybe COD is the game for you? 360 no scopes ftw!?

Stealth lol... that must be why glint is like a miniature sun every time you ADS.

And the flare is absolute garbage by the way. It's been nerfed to irrelevance.

And yeah, assault and support can literally snipe in this game.

Recon's role is to get chewed up by assault and support while taking out a few stationary targets here and there.

And I never said I wanted to run around and one shot everyone. Following up your rifle shot with your secondary for the kill has been a staple in BF for a while now.

Much higher damage with bolt actions has also been what every previous BF included. BF4 even had a close ranged one hit kill to the chest as well on every bolt action in the game.

BFV has the lowest bolt action damage of any BF game, the most bullet drop, and the slowest bullets at longer ranges. So don't give me that "this is Battlefield" nonsense.

** Laughs in M1A1, Turner and Gewehr 1-5 whilsts excelling in all but the longest ranges.

If you are not assaulting, you are doing it wrong. Just let it go.
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Number are very easy, less snipers = more fun.
  • Hawxxeye
    8045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Number are very easy, less snipers = more fun.
    Which DICE does not understand, seeing they gave recon such a poor closer range performance and utility
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ZH-29 is honestly a better sniper rifle than any bolt action. Why even bother going for headshots. And it's not even an issue if the enemy immediately uses their bandages since you don't need to spend 3/4 of a second chambering another round just to follow up your shot. Even if they're taking advantage of the absurdly fast strafe speed in the game to dodge your shots (as is all so common when trying to line up a headshot with a bolt action), it won't matter because you've got 5 rounds which you can fire in the time it takes you to fire 2 rounds with a bolt action.
    So use the ZH-29...?

I think you're playing recon wrong if you're worried about someone strafe dodging your shots and healing.

The primary purpose of recon is stealth. If you want to charge into battle pick a different class.

If you want to run around 1 shotting with a bolt action, or 1 shot with rifle then spray secondary maybe battlefield isn't the game for you.

Battlefield is class based, this means that various classes have different strengths and weaknesses.

Recon's primary strength is the ability to find enemies with the spot flare, and kill them in 1 shot to the head from any range; no other class can do that.

but but assault can do this, support can do that but but but... NOOOOO! You're doing it wrong.

High damage in 1 shot to the body at any range is not difficult or balanced no matter how you try to spin it.

Stealth lol... that must be why glint is like a miniature sun every time you ADS.

Recon's role is to get chewed up by assault and support while taking out a few stationary targets here and there.

And I never said I wanted to run around and one shot everyone. Following up your rifle shot with your secondary for the kill has been a staple in BF for a while now.

Much higher damage with bolt actions has also been what every previous BF included. BF4 even had a close ranged one hit kill to the chest as well on every bolt action in the game.

BFV has the lowest bolt action damage of any BF game, the most bullet drop, and the slowest bullets at longer ranges. So don't give me that "this is Battlefield" nonsense.

Don't use a 6x if you don't want glint. 3x is more than enough, you think assaults can snipe.. that's what they get but they can't kill in one shot at any range.

Flare is fine, shoot it in the air.

Following up your rifle shot with your secondary is cheap and you know it.

Much higher damage with bolt actions has been around, yes, but it's cheap. The only thing that differentiated the class from others in previous games was the gadgets.

BF5 is not those other games.

I've only used this gun for at most 2 hours.. it's not even funny how easy it is. I added a bit to the end to show how easy it is to be stealthy in this game too; if you don't move it's like you don't exist.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    eSynthetiK wrote: »
    1 shot kills should be the hardest thing to do in any game.

The nerf is good.

BF1 was easy mode scouting... It was a joke tbh.

BF4 was almost as bad.

Leave bolt actions for the try hards imo... and you really don't have to try THAT hard in BF5 anyway with the increased accuracy on the move.

I don't think you know what try harding means lmao
    Try hards go for the most statistically viable and efficient method to win, which is in no way shape or form the recon class
    the try hards will gravitate highly to the assault class with it's semi-auto's that can easily pick off targets at close and medium ranges and even long range

That makes zero sense.

If the task was easy they would be try easys not try hards.

EDIT: Yeah there's different definitions for try hards, I think what you are referring to would be more fitting of a poser than a try hard.

Mods, please don't ban me for using naughty words.

i agree with you but from close range even a quick body shot with a switch to the revolver and a follow up shot with the revolver is not enough to kill an assault. wich is pretty insane. that and the fact that people can heal instantly with the med pack making the bolt action a 3 hit kill in certain situations.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So use the ZH-29...?

Don't use a 6x if you don't want glint. 3x is more than enough, you think assaults can snipe.. that's what they get but they can't kill in one shot at any range.

Much higher damage with bolt actions has been around, yes, but it's cheap. The only thing that differentiated the class from others in previous games was the gadgets.

I've only used this gun for at most 2 hours.. it's not even funny how easy it is. I added a bit to the end to show how easy it is to be stealthy in this game too; if you don't move it's like you don't exist.

you are playing against very bad players and the gameplay is not even that good. bad example to show how easy it is.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    So use the ZH-29...?

you are playing against very bad players and the gameplay is not even that good. bad example to show how easy it is.

I'm playing against other players.. doesn't matter how good or bad they are that's how the game is for 90% of the population, it's random if you play with good players or bad players.

level 20, 25, 12, and 42 in the first clip
    level 26 in the second clip
    level 10, 2, 7 in the third clip

The guys in the first clip were easier to hit at further distance than the guys in the third clip...

Fact is, even with iron sights headshots are easy, a little too easy and I have very little experience with the gun.

Feel free to show me video of you doing better.. but what's that going to prove? its actually easier than I make it look? lol
  • GP-Caliber
    edited November 2018
    So use the ZH-29...?

I'm playing against other players.. doesn't matter how good or bad they are that's how the game is for 90% of the population, it's random if you play with good players or bad players.

The guys in the first clip were easier to hit at further distance than the guys in the third clip...

Fact is, even with iron sights headshots are easy, a little too easy and I have very little experience with the gun.

Feel free to show me video of you doing better.. but what's that going to prove? its actually easier than I make it look? lol

it is only easy because you have all the time in the world in the clips you show. hence why i said your clips say nothing. everyone can have 100% accuracy but if you take 5 minutes to line up a shot it does not mean anything.

in a competitive setting against excellent players playing the objective a bolt action has an extreme disadvantage compared to for instance assault.

I have no clips recorded for you atm but if you want to i can record some but that will only show you your clips are subpar. hell they arent even clips. your clip starts when the score is in your screen and ends when the score counter goes away. your 'clips' are just single kills.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    So use the ZH-29...?

it is only easy because you have all the time in the world in the clips you show. hence why i said your clips say nothing. everyone can have 100% accuracy but if you take 5 minutes to line up a shot it does not mean anything.

in a competitive setting against excellent players playing the objective a bolt action has an extreme disadvantage compared to for instance assault.

I have no clips recorded for you atm but if you want to i can record some but that will only show you your clips are subpar.

I have all the time in the world because I'm hidden. They don't know where I am, if they did, they would shoot back.

If their class is so much more superior than mine they would kill me before I kill them.

In a competitive setting against excellent players, I too would be excellent. I wouldn't be a noob playing against other noobs.

What aren't you getting here?

Make clips, but what are you trying to prove? you can use the gun better than me but die more because the gun is bad? that's nonsense.
  • XupetaNaZaniteta
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are only 3x and 6x scopes for snipers in this game?
  • Hawxxeye
    8045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are only 3x and 6x scopes for snipers in this game?
    bellow that there some types of x1 irons or tinted reflext
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So use the ZH-29...?

I laughed whole way through the video. It's like we are discussing a completely different game. And playstyle. I hope SixClicks doesn't get any ideas so I don't have to kick him from the squad.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Apparently alot of players want Scout to be so irrelevant that it's only use is to be shot up by everything and not excel at anything besides a few stationary kills which they complain about regardless.

The flare gun is borderline useless. Its range is pretty short to boot as I've seen it stop mid flight only to burn above the spot I wasnt aiming at. So far the best thing that hasn't changed much is the spawn beacon.

Assaults imo shouldn't of been given semi auto rifles that let them act as pseudo Scouts cus they'rein the hills to, or atleast allow Scouts to use the same semi auto weapons Assault have. Currently Assaults can out snipe a Scout at range, Tank Buster vehicles AND still capable of mowing down a squad with ease if the conditions are right. That is to much power for one class alone.

At least there are proper downsides to the other classes. Makes a guy miss the Engineer class, it helped offset this all in one meta that's been going on since BF1
  • GP-Caliber
    So use the ZH-29...?

I have no clips recorded for you atm but if you want to i can record some but that will only show you your clips are subpar.

I have all the time in the world because I'm hidden. They don't know where I am, if they did, they would shoot back.

If their class is so much more superior than mine they would kill me before I kill them.

In a competitive setting against excellent players, I too would be excellent. I wouldn't be a noob playing against other noobs.

What aren't you getting here?

Make clips, but what are you trying to prove? you can use the gun better than me but die more because the gun is bad? that's nonsense.

what point are you trying to make? they cant see you because they are bad.

in a competitive setting you would die way quicker with the way you play.

i dont die more than you while playing infantry lol i will bet you that.
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RnG Sniper RIP. Makes me sad, i loved doing RnG PTFO in your face sniperlord like in BF1.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Assaults have much higher fire rate weapons and much larger magazine size, so that compensates the lack of 1HK ability damage by being far more forgiving if missing. What's your point? That because bolt action rifles have a 1HK ability so all other stats should be put to the minimum?

Flare is not fine, radius is too small and lasts too short. Shooting it in the air is not even the point here, so why bring that up?

Much higher damage and following up a rifle hit with sidearm is 'cheap'? I'm sorry is that a counter-argument or just your anti-scout sentiment speaking? What exactly is 'cheap' about a very slow rpm weapon dealing very high damage? A scout that manages to land a hit in a disadvantageous (close range) situation while also quickly switching to sidearm and finish off the enemy is 'cheap'? Is it also 'cheap' that a very fast rpm weapon can easily be sprayed from the hip and kill multiple targets without any need for precise aiming and missing lots of hits? So what exactly does that even mean 'cheap' in this context? That you don't like a class weapon that distinguishes itself from the rest? Should everyone be wielding the same type of weapon and then it won't be 'cheap'? Interesting kind of logic you have there.

That video is a highlight of killstreaks, one can make any weapon seem overpowered when cherry picking only the successful parts from normal gameplay footage.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    So use the ZH-29...?

1. 3x scopes on Recon have glint too.

2. The flare is not good at all. Hard to even take you seriously when you say it is. The radius is tiny now, it only lasts 10 seconds, it has very limited range (you need to be close to the target area), and it can be shot down by the enemy as well.

3. How is following up a rifle hit with your secondary cheap? That makes no sense at all. That's literally the purpose of the secondary being a quick swap option when you don't have time to reload. There's even a weapon upgrade that let's you swap 15% faster.

4. When you're firing a weapon that can only get off around 1 round per second, it makes sense for it to do high damage. That isn't cheap. In the time it takes someone to fire 2 rounds with a bolt action, I could fire 5 rounds with the G43. At long range I would have done 110 damage with the bolt action and 180 damage with the G43 in the same time frame.

5. Your video literally proves the point that recon is practically useless now. You're literally just sitting there taking shots at stationary targets (as I mentioned earlier) and doing absolutely nothing for your team. And what a surprise... against non stationary targets you go for body shots. If you were actually helping your team instead of "hiding" you'd have been dead. More Bush Wookies is not what BF needs.
    So use the ZH-29...?

I laughed whole way through the video. It's like we are discussing a completely different game. And playstyle. I hope SixClicks doesn't get any ideas so I don't have to kick him from the squad.

If I ever end up that lame and useless, please do.
    Post edited by Sixclicks on
  • Hawxxeye
    From what I see most of the players in all the classes use x3 scopes when possible but for some reason 1 of the weapon types has to glint on that zoom while the rest dont...
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    The video only shows how easy it is to kill guys after 2 hours, it doesn't show 200 hours of experience. After 200 hours i'll be hitting headshots on the move at medium range no problems whatsoever and people will be crying for nerfs.

Unlike you guys I can see the massive potential of the weapons and the class.

If you think taking 4 tickets in under 30 seconds and preventing an entire squad from capturing an objective isn't helping your team , then again you just don't know how to play the game and is the main reason for all the complaining.

The video doesn't show me capturing objectives, and it shouldn't, the complaint is that the rifles are nerfed.. As shown in the video they aren't that bad even in the hands of a noob.

If you guys were as good as you claim, then you simply wouldn't be in here complaining, you would be playing the game and doing well.. but you aren't. It says a lot.

The funniest part of this thread is thinking that better players would be able to see me while they aren't looking at me, while i'm sitting still and not firing.. they must have thermal vision in the back of their heads, what specialisation is that? :D

GG, get off the forums and go practice instead of whinging, you might get better.