Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    CptMIFF wrote: »
    Sure it will be fine, might add something to the gameplay. No more pesky noskill-snipers just hammering you down with laser-accurate-snipers.
    Play it as a support role, equip spawn bacon. From the gameplay at normal ranges it seems okay. Might add more damage at longer ranges, could be fine.
    So you say the scout should stay to the kitchen and cook crispy bacon to support the morale of the other classes.
    The bolt action weapons are the only weapons which have additional disadvantages to deal with when used in their ideal range in BFV (Harder to hit the target due to the drop and velocity AND doing the minimum damage in these ranges)
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Actually this is the final Nail in the coffin for the Game (at least for me).

I want a WW2 experience and Most nations used still Bolt Action rifles as main guns.

I don't need a Assault rifle Festival Like the modern BFs.
  • Alphazetamu
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »

I want a WW2 experience and Most nations used still Bolt Action rifles as main guns.

Same here.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If they can't get bolt action balance right before release, I probably won't be buying it either. At least not until I can get a heavy discount on it or I hear they've fixed it.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt Action rifles and shotguns are the Most hated guns.

Just Take a look at all the "Evil Snipers" Threads. What happened to #everyonesbattlefield? Looks more Like #spraynpraygunsonlybattlefield.
  • Hortey
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Just Take a look at all the "Evil Snipers" Threads. What happened to #everyonesbattlefield? Looks more Like #spraynpraygunsonlybattlefield.

People don't like things that kill them so quickly they don't even realize they are in danger.

Shotguns, bolt action rifles, bombers, artillery etc... it all gets hate because people are playing a game then instantgibbed faster then they can react.
  • herodes87
    And a SMG or AR kills slow? Really?

If you miss with a Bolt Action one Shot you are dead.
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 2018

Nope. Bolt-action rifles are fine. Perfectly manufactured and setup and indestructible, unmovable sniper scopes are not. 1 sniper every 4 or 3 or even 2 soldiers is not either.
    Post edited by disposalist on
  • -aarp-19Crib
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Bullet velocity nerf will make bolt action completely useless. You actually reduced bolt action damage and rate of fire so why you want scout to be completely useless? New Kar98k muzzle velocity is 600 m/s + bullet drag what gives us 500+ m/s final bullet speed. What is the point scout class when you have laser accurate and fast firing other classes? Where is balance DICE? Even Bf4 airsoft sniper rifles were better ;/

That is the best news I have heard all day!
  • -aarp-19Crib
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    The nerf was for the good of the game. Every game in BF1 I see 1000000000000000 scouts and 2 medics.

And EA's answer to that was to make medics snipers... duh.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    To me the solution is simple. If the player is not prone or not resting the rifle on cover, then ADS sway and accuracy penalty should be increased significantly. Bring the rifles back to full power but make it significantly harder to aim while standing or on the move.

True. Why should dancing sniper be given an aim assist, plus a magic pistol.
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    To me the solution is simple. If the player is not prone or not resting the rifle on cover, then ADS sway and accuracy penalty should be increased significantly. Bring the rifles back to full power but make it significantly harder to aim while standing or on the move.
    Except if you penalise them for moving and standing they will just go hump a hill where they can lie down safely.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Except if you penalise them for moving and standing they will just go hump a hill where they can lie down safely.

Right next to the Support and Medic.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Who have the advantage of no glint. In the first alpha I was actually killed by a support player that I didn't notice who was lying prone in some foliage right after I killed his scout buddy who was right next to him that I only noticed because of his scope glint. Also, in the same foliage was a medic as well. Although he didn't shoot me.

You know, because everyone wants a game where there's no 3D spotting so you have to use your own eyes to pick out targets except when it comes to scouts.
  • Hawxxeye
    7943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Who have the advantage of no glint. In the first alpha I was actually killed by a support player that I didn't notice who was lying prone in some foliage right after I killed his scout buddy who was right next to him that I only noticed because of his scope glint. Also, in the same foliage was a medic as well. Although he didn't shoot me.

You know, because everyone wants a game where there's no 3D spotting so you have to use your own eyes to pick out targets except when it comes to scouts.

This was the most cofusing design decision in these games. A sniper is an assasin that relies on not being seen, yet in the games he has to glow like a laser pointer as if he was a boss fight that needs to telegraph attacks.
    In every story that has snipers in action, they spend a lot of time scoped in while looking for targets and or watching over their team ready to support them. A scout who does that in BFs will basically attract the fire from any who can see the glint
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Am I the only person thinking.. YESSS!!!!! Finally!! An end to being one hit killed by a standing sniper every time I break cover!!!!!!

I love an aggressive play style, so this is the main thing that stops me playing BF1 at the moment. I just can't be bothered with it.

Personally, I would welcome anything to up the skill requirement of a sniper. In BF1 sniping is way too easy. I've tried it! I find it incredibly boring but unbelievably easy.

I'm on the fence about buying BFV, if these changes are in the final game then I'm buying it.

For the comments about BF4, I played it at a friend's house at launch, it was a total sniper fest. The game felt broken. I didn't buy that game until they fixed that problem (Especially since BF3 was a great game).

If BFV has the same ridiculously easy sniping as BF1 then I doubt I'll buy it, I have absolutely no desire to play battlefield sniper edition any longer.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited August 2018
    Rufusw5 wrote: »
    Am I the only person thinking.. YESSS!!!!! Finally!! An end to being one hit killed by a standing sniper every time I break cover!!!!!!

I love an aggressive play style, so this is the main thing that stops me playing BF1 at the moment. I just can't be bothered with it.

Personally, I would welcome anything to up the skill requirement of a sniper. In BF1 sniping is way too easy. I've tried it! I find it incredibly boring but unbelievably easy.

I'm on the fence about buying BFV, if these changes are in the final game then I'm buying it.

For the comments about BF4, I played it at a friend's house at launch, it was a total sniper fest. The game felt broken. I didn't buy that game until they fixed that problem (Especially since BF3 was a great game).

If BFV has the same ridiculously easy sniping as BF1 then I doubt I'll buy it, I have absolutely no desire to play battlefield sniper edition any longer.

We all hate to be the guy who gets cheesed by a camping sniper on a hill. This is why most people including those who also play sniper welcome the loss of the mid/long range1HK sweetspot bodyshots.

What people are concerned for is that bolt action rifles will become (again) something that only Stodehs (plural) and noobs will use (the former effectively and the later just wasting space in the team).
    If that is the case instead of doing such a disservice to the bolt actions, it would be better to remove them from main class weapons and have them be a powerful pickup or a limited slot like a vehicle instead.

PS: I still don't get how people see such a difference between instant death by one headshot from a bolt action and almost instant death by a rapid firing AR/SMG that can also happen faster than one can react to and probably required less careful aiming.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on