Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Comparing bolt action rifles of ww2 and sniper rifle of modern day I kinda hope with all the money spent by governments around the world on defense and military that the rifles of ww2 time would be worse then that of modern day. I mean current technology and engineering should have progress so it think so should the weapons also. I mean I do hear people complain about the game being non-authentic but now I feel like there is an argument that could say they are being...dare I say it...authentic to the era. Yes I am glad sniping now is more skill based and yes it is certainly not a easy as bf1 but I would rather learn to play the class well instead of having a advantage that will make me lose focus of what my role is. Scouts are called scouts for a reason. If you wish to mountain hump take out your little gadget they give you and use it to spot out enemies around the objective you are rushing. Be the enhanced eyes of your squad. Scout/recon is often overlooked unless people can overlook the objective from a mile a way and get cheap kills while not working with others to get it. If you rush an objective use the flare gun at the objective to help your team. You want to know what I hate is when playing a game that is objective based you have 4-5 try hards laying 1 meter apart feom each other at the edge of the map playing duck hunt across the map earning 1 hit kills when others are grinding for the win. Assault,medic and support cant get the super zoom feature and it isnt even a point to look where they are all shooting from because it is a part of the map that is not accessible to your team or way out of the way from the objective to warrant going out of the way when it is more then a annoyance then game changing. These same people also cry when they are killed by anything or anyone because they feel like their kd will be hurt because they only get like 5 kills the entire game so when people get fed up and go after them they quit. I have no problem with snipers when they are contributing for the team but i feel like it is sad that DICE hard wiring a trait so they would spot enemies by default because lord knows someone else shot an enemy on the map that they can see and not have them cry.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    More kills than you. Less deaths. And more points. I got on just now to literally play one game just to show you. I wasn't even there for the whole match.

Enfield. 3x Scope. Rotterdam. We won. First game of the day before I head off to the bars.

score-Enfield.png

Here's one particularly dirty short clip from the game. I might clip more later from it when I've got more time. Gotta go pick up a friend.

Threw the knife not really expecting to land that headshot.

Look at that, easy as, one shot and done. You did well that round too.

What are you complaining about again?

I'm loving the lee enfield with iron sights, and hitting headshots on moving targets pretty easily now too.

Bayonet on devastation is hilarious.

It's harder to use than the assault weapons no doubt, but imo that just makes it more fun.

Why don't you just use the kar98 or the krag if you want more damage to the body?

It's still not 30 or 40+ kills in a game like I can very easily do on that map, Rotterdam, as assault. Pretty much any map actually.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Comparing bolt action rifles of ww2 and sniper rifle of modern day I kinda hope with all the money spent by governments around the world on defense and military that the rifles of ww2 time would be worse then that of modern day. I mean current technology and engineering should have progress so it think so should the weapons also. I mean I do hear people complain about the game being non-authentic but now I feel like there is an argument that could say they are being...dare I say it...authentic to the era. Yes I am glad sniping now is more skill based and yes it is certainly not a easy as bf1 but I would rather learn to play the class well instead of having a advantage that will make me lose focus of what my role is. Scouts are called scouts for a reason. If you wish to mountain hump take out your little gadget they give you and use it to spot out enemies around the objective you are rushing. Be the enhanced eyes of your squad. Scout/recon is often overlooked unless people can overlook the objective from a mile a way and get cheap kills while not working with others to get it. If you rush an objective use the flare gun at the objective to help your team. You want to know what I hate is when playing a game that is objective based you have 4-5 try hards laying 1 meter apart feom each other at the edge of the map playing duck hunt across the map earning 1 hit kills when others are grinding for the win. Assault,medic and support cant get the super zoom feature and it isnt even a point to look where they are all shooting from because it is a part of the map that is not accessible to your team or way out of the way from the objective to warrant going out of the way when it is more then a annoyance then game changing. These same people also cry when they are killed by anything or anyone because they feel like their kd will be hurt because they only get like 5 kills the entire game so when people get fed up and go after them they quit. I have no problem with snipers when they are contributing for the team but i feel like it is sad that DICE hard wiring a trait so they would spot enemies by default because lord knows someone else shot an enemy on the map that they can see and not have them cry.

How are scouts supposed to be on the objective with the team when bolt actions can't compete with any of the other classes by a mile? Their only solution is to hill hump and all the changes DICE has made to weapon balancing screams for them to be further and further away from the objectives
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

How are scouts supposed to be on the objective with the team when bolt actions can't compete with any of the other classes by a mile? Their only solution is to hill hump and all the changes DICE has made to weapon balancing screams for them to be further and further away from the objectives
    This is one of those things that make me wanting it to be possible to corner the devs responsible and have them openly talk about their train of logic.
    There is got to be some logic in this insanity and chaos of balance.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

This is one of those things that make me wanting it to be possible to corner the devs responsible and have them openly talk about their train of logic.

There isn't. They are grasping at straws. I just realized that Scout semi-autos don't benefit from headshots _at all_, whilst assault self-loading rifles benefit massively, even though they are already far superior with bodyshots. I wrote about this in another thread.
  • SirBobdk
    5239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really enjoyed playing aggressive scout in BF1 with BA iron sight.
    Not possible in BFV. I find it boring just playing with fast shooting weapons based on muskle memory going "tab tab fire" 24/7.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There isn't. They are grasping at straws. I just realized that Scout semi-autos don't benefit from headshots _at all_, whilst assault self-loading rifles benefit massively, even though they are already far superior with bodyshots. I wrote about this in another thread.
    That was obvious since the beta with the ZH29.
    As a cherry on top I saw a real piece of work in Fjell Breathrough yesterday. There was that assault guy who was constantly going left and right at pretty high speed (maybe he had that adds speed upgrade) and spaming his semi auto or AR on single fire gun at me and some recons near me who were like over 100m away (the distance from the first B bases to the path where the attackers can just begin to see the B base).
    He was spamming his shots from his clearly x3 scope and getting constant hits on me and others while being unhittable with my iron sights g95 due to all that ADADA spam while shooting.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

As a cherry on top I saw a real piece of work in Fjell Breathrough yesterday. There was that assault guy who was constantly going left and right at pretty high speed (maybe he had that adds speed upgrade) and spaming his semi auto or AR on single fire gun at me and some recons near me who were like over 100m away (the distance from the first B bases to the path where the attackers can just begin to see the B base).
    He was spamming his shots from his clearly x3 scope and getting constant hits on me and others while being unhittable with my iron sights g95 due to all that ADADA spam while shooting.

It only struck me now, having played a while with the AL8 and RSC. The ZH-29 simply doesn't work as well for me, so I kind of ignored it.

The assault SLRs are indeed too easy and effective, basically no downsides to them. Overall, if they keep the absurd movement system, they should nerf accuracy to the ground whilst moving.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 2018

It only struck me now, having played a while with the AL8 and RSC. The ZH-29 simply doesn't work as well for me, so I kind of ignored it.

The assault SLRs are indeed too easy and effective, basically no downsides to them. Overall, if they keep the absurd movement system, they should nerf accuracy to the ground whilst moving.
    For all the years since BF3 when I came to BF I keep saying that soliders at bipedal creatures that cannot sidestep like crabs or filming cameras on rails but it seems that most people see it as something normal.
    https://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/video/thumbnail/wLREGNi/the-cameraman-shoots-the-movie-with-a-camera-moving-on-a-trolley-dolly-on-rails_e0yl8gnll__F0003.png
    crab.jpg
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Assault definitely benefits from headshots heavily. Even the assault SLRs do. While recon SLRs only do sometimes if the enemy is injured.

The M1907 is a pretty extreme example of the headshot benefit that assault gets... if you land 2 headshots in a row, it has a 116 ms TTK.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just read this on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a1yhbw/assault_and_support_with_higher_bullet_velocity/
    http://bfdata.juhala.io/misc/bfv_release_26112018.html

So apparently assault rifles and LMG's have higher muzzle velocity than bolt action rifles, which instantly explains why they are far too accurate at range.
    What a joke...
    The weapon balance in BF5 is in a horrible state and who ever put in these values obviously has a very strong bias against bolt action rifles.
  • Hawxxeye
    Remember that quote from the patch notes sneak peek?
    Reduced the range at which the Turner SMLE can kill with one headshot and one body shot to 30 meters (previously 35 meters)
    Didn't anyone else say wtf uppon reading that? That is an assault weapon...
  • twisted83
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper/scout needs very few changes mainly buffs to flares and removal of glare for 3x scope.
    The ways to kill with snipers(1 headshot, or 2 bodyshots, or 1 bodyshot and pistol finish off) don't change in bfv.
    It's assault and support that need nerfs to their weapons.
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remember that quote from the patch notes sneak peek?
    Reduced the range at which the Turner SMLE can kill with one headshot and one body shot to 30 meters (previously 35 meters)
    Didn't anyone else say wtf uppon reading that? That is an assault weapon...
    I think I will quote myself.
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    It is going to suck. The change are making run n gun better like AR while nerfing the so called stand out(default) LMG implying those stationary are fine. They are not.
    The more I learn about what we have and what is to come, it is looking to be the most boring BF with everyone running n gun Assault. I never thought I would say that this early in a BF even with all the issue with BF3, BF4 and BF1 I have put in nearly 4000hrs combine, even now I finding it more a chore then actually having fun just playing.

Right now it is pathetic Recon is design for attrition and kept that way while attrition has been weaken for other thus Recon weapons/gadgets are junk. This also has been done to other parts of BFV.

All to keep a specific group happy.
  • Wonderbill
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here's a ridiculous idea: Give weapons the bullet velocity of the real weapon. I know, I know, it's completely logical, so it will never happen.
  • Hawxxeye
    I just finally tried out the trick for improving my Recon experience:
    I drop my rifle and pick the gun of another class from some dead player.
  • Sixclicks
    edited December 2018
    twisted83 wrote: »
    Sniper/scout needs very few changes mainly buffs to flares and removal of glare for 3x scope.
    The ways to kill with snipers(1 headshot, or 2 bodyshots, or 1 bodyshot and pistol finish off) don't change in bfv.

Except it's more like 3 body shots for the kill because of bandages.

And swapping to your pistol, the majority of the time, is not nearly fast enough to keep up with the TTK of other weapons.
  • disposalist
    8926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

And swapping to your pistol, the majority of the time, is not nearly fast enough to keep up with the TTK of other weapons.
    The more I see/experience the self-bandaging for every class in game, the more I think it's yet another weird design choice in BF5 that has a bad impact on the game.

I thought attrition was supposed to make people more vulnerable. It seems now most are used to regularly picking up med packs and medics are getting used to their jobs, everyone you hit is instantly healing.

I suppose if it discourages camping, it's a good thing?... Except people will still love to camp in BF5 because of the graphics clutter everywhere.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can I just say, it would be nice if iron sight bolt actions were useful.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

The more I see/experience the self-bandaging for every class in game, the more I think it's yet another weird design choice in BF5 that has a bad impact on the game.

I thought attrition was supposed to make people more vulnerable. It seems now most are used to regularly picking up med packs and medics are getting used to their jobs, everyone you hit is instantly healing.

I suppose if it discourages camping, it's a good thing?... Except people will still love to camp in BF5 because of the graphics clutter everywhere.

the self heal needs a delay. if you self heal it should take a good 5 seconds before the healing process starts. this will give the opposing player time to finish the gunfight.