Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love sniping in this game. Skill is rewarded, just as it should be B)
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been putting time in sniping.

It’s not easy. BUT I’ll still make 1 hit kills.
    I CAN play the objective and I CAN sit back and snipe.
    I get one hit kills and counts as kills.
    I still finish positive.
    It takes a bit more with each gun.
    I’m more reliant on my pistol.

Yes if I’m at close range I will get killed if I miss.
    And some (KE7 and M1A1) weapons seem to one hit kill me from insane ranges.

The class is defiantly not useless.
    I usually finish top half of my team with it and find recon very useful to my team... spot assisting, defending objectives etc.

If you enjoy sniping you just have to learn to time your shots and aim at the head.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »

I still finish positive.

I usually finish top half of my team with it and find recon very useful to my team... spot assisting, defending objectives etc.

If you enjoy sniping you just have to learn to time your shots and aim at the head.

Now pick up the G43 or Turner SMLE and see how much better you do. That's the issue. The class is not well balanced versus the other classes. Both are assault weapons. Both kill faster than Recon SLRs at long ranges and faster than bolt actions, unless you get a headshot, at all ranges.

My highest KDR is with assault. My highest kill streak, 23 kills with the G43, is also with assault. My highest KPM is with assault. My highest SPM is with assault.

Can I still go positive as recon? Of course. But with nowhere near the same effect in helping the team to win. Less kills and less ability to fight for the objective as recon. Also, you're useless against vehicles.

People will say that's by design and how it should be. Those people would be wrong and clearly biased
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »

I still finish positive.

Now pick up the G43 or Turner SMLE and see how much better you do. That's the issue. The class is not well balanced versus the other classes. Both are assault weapons. Both kill faster than Recon SLRs at long ranges and faster than bolt actions, unless you get a headshot, at all ranges.

My highest KDR is with assault. My highest kill streak, 23 kills with the G43, is also with assault. My highest KPM is with assault. My highest SPM is with assault.

Can I still go positive as recon? Of course. But with nowhere near the same effect in helping the team to win. Less kills and less ability to fight for the objective as recon. Also, you're useless against vehicles.

If everything is easier to do as assault or support too, and you can do it much better as assault or support, then you really are being a detriment to your team by picking recon over one of those classes. The most you can really provide is a spawn beacon. Your killing potential is less. Your objective fighting potential is less. Your anti-vehicle potential is non-existent.

This is the problem right here. As soon as I tried the Assault SLRs, I thought WTF have they done to Recon SLRs... They're worse in every single way, no point in using them.

Bolt actions are okay on the bigger maps, but really you would be much more effective and useful playing as another class. I only need 1 or 2 more levels to max Recon and then I'll be done with the class personally.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Outside of vehicles recon have a lot of the highest kdr. I know that isn’t score and wins but really don’t think the class is that bad... just needs a little more utility and buff to be SLRs.

The bolt actions are fine, just hit your headshots.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Comparing bolt action rifles of ww2 and sniper rifle of modern day I kinda hope with all the money spent by governments around the world on defense and military that the rifles of ww2 time would be worse then that of modern day. I mean current technology and engineering should have progress so it think so should the weapons also. I mean I do hear people complain about the game being non-authentic but now I feel like there is an argument that could say they are being...dare I say it...authentic to the era. Yes I am glad sniping now is more skill based and yes it is certainly not a easy as bf1 but I would rather learn to play the class well instead of having a advantage that will make me lose focus of what my role is. Scouts are called scouts for a reason. If you wish to mountain hump take out your little gadget they give you and use it to spot out enemies around the objective you are rushing. Be the enhanced eyes of your squad. Scout/recon is often overlooked unless people can overlook the objective from a mile a way and get cheap kills while not working with others to get it. If you rush an objective use the flare gun at the objective to help your team. You want to know what I hate is when playing a game that is objective based you have 4-5 try hards laying 1 meter apart feom each other at the edge of the map playing duck hunt across the map earning 1 hit kills when others are grinding for the win. Assault,medic and support cant get the super zoom feature and it isnt even a point to look where they are all shooting from because it is a part of the map that is not accessible to your team or way out of the way from the objective to warrant going out of the way when it is more then a annoyance then game changing. These same people also cry when they are killed by anything or anyone because they feel like their kd will be hurt because they only get like 5 kills the entire game so when people get fed up and go after them they quit. I have no problem with snipers when they are contributing for the team but i feel like it is sad that DICE hard wiring a trait so they would spot enemies by default because lord knows someone else shot an enemy on the map that they can see and not have them cry.

How are scouts supposed to be on the objective with the team when bolt actions can't compete with any of the other classes by a mile? Their only solution is to hill hump and all the changes DICE has made to weapon balancing screams for them to be further and further away from the objectives
    This is one of those things that make me wanting it to be possible to corner the devs responsible and have them openly talk about their train of logic.
    There is got to be some logic in this insanity and chaos of balance.

There isn't. They are grasping at straws. I just realized that Scout semi-autos don't benefit from headshots _at all_, whilst assault self-loading rifles benefit massively, even though they are already far superior with bodyshots. I wrote about this in another thread.

There is a benefit, you get assist counts as kill with zh-29 very often because of this and also many times (if they low on hp) kill them too... You cant make self loading rifles like the zh-29 ”benefit” from a headshot more then that, since then were talking about OHK to the head, and that is a bolt action rifles job... If for example zh-29 were able to do this too then there would be zero benefit from playing a bolt action over it...

Apart from that, Krag-Jorgensen and Kar98k bolt action rifle need a buff to its dmg... That, if anything, is what they must fix! They should hit harder!

Lee enfield should get a bullet velocity buff, same with Gewehr M95/30...

Also the time to switch between pistol to rifle vice versa, need to be lowered... You shouldnt even have to take a specialization perk to have that as a recon, since its a must to be able to have even a little chance against other classes in close combat!

If they fix that, while also looking into the bunny jumping and insta healing stuff, along with some nerfs to assault and support, then bolt action be in a good spot for sure!

Also the headshot hitbox is huge in this game, its almost too easy sometimes... But I guess everyone benefits from it in some way, and not only the sniper recon!

I hope they fix medics too!
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More kills than you. Less deaths. And more points. I got on just now to literally play one game just to show you. I wasn't even there for the whole match.

Enfield. 3x Scope. Rotterdam. We won. First game of the day before I head off to the bars.

score-Enfield.png

Here's one particularly dirty short clip from the game. I might clip more later from it when I've got more time. Gotta go pick up a friend.

Threw the knife not really expecting to land that headshot.

Look at that, easy as, one shot and done. You did well that round too.

What are you complaining about again?

I'm loving the lee enfield with iron sights, and hitting headshots on moving targets pretty easily now too.

Bayonet on devastation is hilarious.

It's harder to use than the assault weapons no doubt, but imo that just makes it more fun.

Why don't you just use the kar98 or the krag if you want more damage to the body?

It's still not 30 or 40+ kills in a game like I can very easily do on that map, Rotterdam, as assault. Pretty much any map actually.

As recon you shouldn't be getting 30-40 kills in a game of conquest. Recon is a support role, you're doing it wrong.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    More kills than you. Less deaths. And more points. I got on just now to literally play one game just to show you. I wasn't even there for the whole match.

Enfield. 3x Scope. Rotterdam. We won. First game of the day before I head off to the bars.

score-Enfield.png

Here's one particularly dirty short clip from the game. I might clip more later from it when I've got more time. Gotta go pick up a friend.

I'm loving the lee enfield with iron sights, and hitting headshots on moving targets pretty easily now too.

It's harder to use than the assault weapons no doubt, but imo that just makes it more fun.

Why don't you just use the kar98 or the krag if you want more damage to the body?

It's still not 30 or 40+ kills in a game like I can very easily do on that map, Rotterdam, as assault. Pretty much any map actually.

As recon you shouldn't be getting 30-40 kills in a game of conquest. Recon is a support role, you're doing it wrong.

From all of the clips and screenshots you've shared previously, I haven't seen you getting that many kills consistently. I mean, in one example you used as a good game in this thread, you went 13 - 9.

I do however get that many kills consistently as assault and support. More so assault than support since I haven't played support a ton.
  • Zuddybear
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers are but an annoyance, and has been for many years. The game would be better off without this class entirely. The sooner they implement sniper limit options in BFV the better. Nothing makes me rage more than concluding a firefight by a "clonk" to the head from the opposite side of the map.
  • DingoKillr
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zuddybear wrote: »
    Snipers are but an annoyance, and has been for many years. The game would be better off without this class entirely. The sooner they implement sniper limit options in BFV the better. Nothing makes me rage more than concluding a firefight by a "clonk" to the head from the opposite side of the map.

Good, that is how it should be. Keeping your head down but it is not. Why should you be able to run across open fields ping players then be able to run around in building pinging players. Yet your bias like so many other think you should be able to do that as Assault.

That is the point SMG should rule as CQB(getting buffed for more range) and Rifles should rule at range yet with many thing combine BFV rifles suck.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really enjoyed playing aggressive scout in BF1 with BA iron sight.
    Not possible in BFV. I find it boring just playing with fast shooting weapons based on muskle memory going "tab tab fire" 24/7.

Yea, I miss the Martini, carcano and Russian trench.
  • finc-loki
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Bullet velocity nerf will make bolt action completely useless. You actually reduced bolt action damage and rate of fire so why you want scout to be completely useless? New Kar98k muzzle velocity is 600 m/s + bullet drag what gives us 500+ m/s final bullet speed. What is the point scout class when you have laser accurate and fast firing other classes? Where is balance DICE? Even Bf4 airsoft sniper rifles were better ;/

Yet I get killed by snipers all the time. Especially on the larger maps. Doesn't seem to be a problem for that Stodeh guy with sniping. All you see playing Aerodrome, Hamada etc is sniper scope glint and then you get a head shot. Cause the rest of us are busy fighting the other people not hiding in a bush being useless.

On top of it all they removed the "flinch" from sniper class. Which is REALLY annoying and a huge bonus for you. I can be shooting at a sniper and they have no suppression nor any flinch giving them ample time to line up a head shot. If you can't then you're not good at it.

This is the typical case of "I play sniper all the time and I want to be able to kill everyone at ALL TIMES, wah wah wah".... How about you learn to play a little bit of everything and change things up.

Another example "they are nerfing my KE7, wah wah,,, how am I suppose to kill everyone that has ANY other guns now"..

Sniper rifles in BF4 if not mistaken had 500M/s muzzle velocity, maybe 600 for some. Then they increased muzzle velocity a LOT for BF1, actually it started in Hardline, but that is not a Battlefield game as we know it.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

score-Enfield.png

From all of the clips and screenshots you've shared previously, I haven't seen you getting that many kills consistently. I mean, in one example you used as a good game in this thread, you went 13 - 9.

I do however get that many kills consistently as assault and support. More so assault than support since I haven't played support a ton.

I told you some guy would say its by design. Turns out, it was the same one who clearly is biased before
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    finc-loki wrote: »
    Ace-Cardd wrote: »
    Bullet velocity nerf will make bolt action completely useless. You actually reduced bolt action damage and rate of fire so why you want scout to be completely useless? New Kar98k muzzle velocity is 600 m/s + bullet drag what gives us 500+ m/s final bullet speed. What is the point scout class when you have laser accurate and fast firing other classes? Where is balance DICE? Even Bf4 airsoft sniper rifles were better ;/

Yet I get killed by snipers all the time. Especially on the larger maps. Doesn't seem to be a problem for that Stodeh guy with sniping. All you see playing Aerodrome, Hamada etc is sniper scope glint and then you get a head shot. Cause the rest of us are busy fighting the other people not hiding in a bush being useless.

On top of it all they removed the "flinch" from sniper class. Which is REALLY annoying and a huge bonus for you. I can be shooting at a sniper and they have no suppression nor any flinch giving them ample time to line up a head shot. If you can't then you're not good at it.

This is the typical case of "I play sniper all the time and I want to be able to kill everyone at ALL TIMES, wah wah wah".... How about you learn to play a little bit of everything and change things up.

Another example "they are nerfing my KE7, wah wah,,, how am I suppose to kill everyone that has ANY other guns now"..

Sniper rifles in BF4 if not mistaken had 500M/s muzzle velocity, maybe 600 for some. Then they increased muzzle velocity a LOT for BF1, actually it started in Hardline, but that is not a Battlefield game as we know it.

1. Stodeh is one of the best players in the game. He's not really comparable to the average player. It's just absurd to even use him as an example to support your argument.

2. If the sniper you're shooting has "ample time to line up a headshot," you're missing too much. 300 to 500 ms is not "ample time."

3. BF1 still had more bullet drop than BF4 at long ranges. BFV also has more drop than BF4 except at relatively close range. Bullets are also slower than they were in BF4 in BF1 and BFV at long ranges. This is because BF1 introduced bullet drag. BF4 did not have drag. Your bullets traveled at the same speed forever until they hit something. In BF1 and BFV, your bullet starts slowing down the moment you fire it. So the faster starting bullet velocities help in BF1 and BFV at relatively close ranges, but it's easier to snipe at long range with BF4 rifles. Technically it's easier at close range too since all BF4 bolt actions were a one hit kill to the chest up to 12.5 meters.
  • conscript2010
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Bolt actions will never be fixed in BF5 because there's so many more bigger issues in this unfinished game. The problem with the weapon class is that it has not kept up with the medium range arms race created by the lowering of ttk, addition of predictable recoil patterns, loss of suppression, random bullet deviation, and sweet spots. At the same time, the changes to scout hurt aggressive snipers more than campers.

There's just no reason not to take a semi auto or an automatic weapon if you want to PTFO or flank. They compensate for muzzle velocity nerfs and mitigate ADAD, do better dps outside of headshots, are more viable in CQB now that BA + pistol finisher is nerfed, and have much better damage at range compared to BF1.

Why? Because these weapons were made to exploit aggressive play and flanking, DICE did not do that with bolt actions. This is one of the biggest reasons the 'just get headshots' argument falls through, you will not be able to take advantage of the low TTK meant to allow good individuals take out whole squads caught out of cover. At the same time, snipers are only marginally more effective at intermediate or medium ranges but only insofar as they make 1HK headshots.

As a result, BF5 scout is shoehorned into the long ranges everyone hates while being the least effective at it it's ever been thanks to damage, bullet velocity nerfs, and loss of spotting. The biggest losers are aggressive snipers using iron or aperture sights, who cannot compete with how great all-around more modern weapon types are absent BF1's limitations on them.