Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

  • Typh39
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this probably explains why I suck at Counter Sniping (I was good at it in BF4 and BF 1), and since No one plays objectives, I can't use it as a Defensive marksman rifle either.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.

    In BF1 it was totally easy. I used to let my 14 year old grandson play sniper on my account. He's too young to mix it up with the adults, but he did just fine sniping. I would snipe only when my KD was so low my ego made me do it.

    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.

    your kd is always low. whats your point?
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    i will put some together and will post them.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.
    To be fair, the video is entitled “Recon Fun” emphasis on “fun”
    Iron sights close action on the objective and bayonet charges sure look fun to me.

  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    #PTSD. That supposed highlight of BF5 is the sort of experience my gameplay devolved into in BF1 and why I had to uninstall.

  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?
    It’s better to support conclusions with facts. I think if you looked at actual stats you’d see Scouts in B1 are not OP
    Those stats have been posted on the B1 section.
    Here
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/67181/the-results-are-in-most-people-do-not-use-scout

  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.
    To be fair, the video is entitled “Recon Fun” emphasis on “fun”
    Iron sights close action on the objective and bayonet charges sure look fun to me.
    I tried the iron sights until I realized that I am being outsniped by non-recons with x3 scopes
    .
    It is an absolute outrage that a recon glints when using that scope but weapons that kill almost instantly on other classes get a free pass
    In B1 you can use the iron sight much better due to the weapon being more effective. You don’t have to hide out at long distances. The “sweet spot” gives you a chance at least. In some cases the scopes just enlarge the view too much and are disorienting. Also blind you to what’s around you. I like the irons in B1 better than the scopes. Also it just feels cool and realistic. I’m using a 4K monitor so I can see targets quite well.

  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?
    Here are the stats.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/67181/the-results-are-in-most-people-do-not-use-scout
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?
    Here are the stats.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/67181/the-results-are-in-most-people-do-not-use-scout

    I read thru the thread. But those are stats from bf1, not bf5. Right?

    And if you've read the thread then u know that there is still much debate about those stats and what they indicate.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?

    Prejudice is useless though (preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.). Consider that is the basis of racism and sexism, probably not the greatest ideology to form opinions around.



  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?

    Prejudice is useless though (preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.). Consider that is the basis of racism and sexism, probably not the greatest ideology to form opinions around.



    Ummm....are u a crazy person?

    To you, him posting his opinion about bf5 is analogous to racism and sexism?!

    Dude dude dude....please step back and take a breath. Please.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?

    Prejudice is useless though (preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.). Consider that is the basis of racism and sexism, probably not the greatest ideology to form opinions around.



    Ummm....are u a crazy person?

    To you, him posting his opinion about bf5 is analogous to racism and sexism?!

    Dude dude dude....please step back and take a breath. Please.

    Not analogous, formative. Any opinion formed off irrational and biased thought is prejudice, racism and sexism are embodied examples of prejudice, i was pointing out the error in the way that argument is formed rather than comparatively calling him a racist and sexist. I am not going to let someone argue with such a way and pat them on the back for it.

    I think you might need to take a step back and take a breath, you read my post completely wrong.

    Also you called me crazy for disagreeing with your conjecture, i am not stopping you from disagreeing but calling someone crazy for disagreeing with an opinion is very crazy.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?

    Prejudice is useless though (preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.). Consider that is the basis of racism and sexism, probably not the greatest ideology to form opinions around.



    Ummm....are u a crazy person?

    To you, him posting his opinion about bf5 is analogous to racism and sexism?!

    Dude dude dude....please step back and take a breath. Please.

    Not analogous, formative. Any opinion formed off irrational and biased thought is prejudice, racism and sexism are embodied examples of prejudice, i was pointing out the error in the way that argument is formed rather than comparatively calling him a racist and sexist. I am not going to let someone argue with such a way and pat them on the back for it.

    I think you might need to take a step back and take a breath, you read my post completely wrong.

    Ummm, ok. So u are a crazy person. Good to know.

    Yes, I'm going to take a breath and let people post their opinions on a Battlefield forum. You keep doing whatever it is you're doing in crazy person land.

    Bye now.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

    I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

    In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

    "We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

    Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

    No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

    He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

    If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

    That's reasonable, right?

    Prejudice is useless though (preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.). Consider that is the basis of racism and sexism, probably not the greatest ideology to form opinions around.



    Ummm....are u a crazy person?

    To you, him posting his opinion about bf5 is analogous to racism and sexism?!

    Dude dude dude....please step back and take a breath. Please.

    Not analogous, formative. Any opinion formed off irrational and biased thought is prejudice, racism and sexism are embodied examples of prejudice, i was pointing out the error in the way that argument is formed rather than comparatively calling him a racist and sexist. I am not going to let someone argue with such a way and pat them on the back for it.

    I think you might need to take a step back and take a breath, you read my post completely wrong.

    Ummm, ok. So u are a crazy person. Good to know.

    Yes, I'm going to take a breath and let people post their opinions on a Battlefield forum. You keep doing whatever it is you're doing in crazy person land.

    Bye now.


    Typical, when one disagrees they have to prove their point as is human nature, but when proven wrong, result in calling someone by a specific title to defame them rather than settling a discussion in a rational manner.

    Snowflake generation is appropriately name IMO.
  • Hawxxeye
    7077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    While trying to get that 3 headshot kills in a life assignment came across two very typical cases of what happens to a normal human (with no aim assist or Stodehish skills etc) when he tries to be aggressive with a bolt action in BFV instead of trying to catch enemies by surprise by hiding or camping far away

    I got the 3 kills later that round by avoiding engaging enemies who were looking at my direction :(
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    While trying to get that 3 headshot kills in a life assignment came across two very typical cases of what happens to a normal human (with no aim assist or Stodehish skills etc) when he tries to be aggressive with a bolt action in BFV instead of trying to catch enemies by surprise by hiding or camping far away

    I got the 3 kills later that round by avoiding engaging enemies who were looking at my direction :(

    Sniper is my go to, but that embodies a bad game for me. I usually play around that range and use throwing knives as an extra back up + revolver. It can work and you can rack up kills, but as you said the average player does not have the ability to consistently flick or quick scope. I personally played A+ Standings ESEA and have a decent amount of experience in flicking, especially with scout and AWP.

    I made a post detailing this, Recon is the strongest class if you're good, but to the average player it can be quite appalling. Also if you come up against exceptional supports and assaults using certain guns you cannot afford to miss headshots.

    It is a strange dilemma in a sense, very hard to change and not make OP. I would be happy with a velocity buff so a sniper can play as intended however that would not benefit the average player in your terms, more the fact is that you're forced to play that range, which in sense i would say nerf other guns that compete at your comfortable range.
Sign In or Register to comment.