Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    While trying to get that 3 headshot kills in a life assignment came across two very typical cases of what happens to a normal human (with no aim assist or Stodehish skills etc) when he tries to be aggressive with a bolt action in BFV instead of trying to catch enemies by surprise by hiding or camping far away

I got the 3 kills later that round by avoiding engaging enemies who were looking at my direction :(

Sniper is my go to, but that embodies a bad game for me. I usually play around that range and use throwing knives as an extra back up + revolver. It can work and you can rack up kills, but as you said the average player does not have the ability to consistently flick or quick scope. I personally played A+ Standings ESEA and have a decent amount of experience in flicking, especially with scout and AWP.

I made a post detailing this, Recon is the strongest class if you're good, but to the average player it can be quite appalling. Also if you come up against exceptional supports and assaults using certain guns you cannot afford to miss headshots.

It is a strange dilemma in a sense, very hard to change and not make OP. I would be happy with a velocity buff so a sniper can play as intended however that would not benefit the average player in your terms, more the fact is that you're forced to play that range, which in sense i would say nerf other guns that compete at your comfortable range.
    What irks me is that it feels that playing different classes is like playing on different difficulty settings. Of course most people will play on the easy mode and trample the rest.
    I disagree that recon is the strongest class if you are good. The players who are very good at recon, do even better as other classes.

Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Major_Pungspark
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    While trying to get that 3 headshot kills in a life assignment came across two very typical cases of what happens to a normal human (with no aim assist or Stodehish skills etc) when he tries to be aggressive with a bolt action in BFV instead of trying to catch enemies by surprise by hiding or camping far away

I got the 3 kills later that round by avoiding engaging enemies who were looking at my direction :(

OR maybe ditch the scope and shoot faster. I mean, if you are looking at an enemy for several seconds before even scoping in what did you think would happen?
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imho bolt action rifles are very strong... just they aren't totally broken as BF1 snipers.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Death in the time it takes to look through the scope"
    I mean, dont look at the guy for 3-4 seconds before doing anything...
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.

What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.
    To be fair, the video is entitled “Recon Fun” emphasis on “fun”
    Iron sights close action on the objective and bayonet charges sure look fun to me.

yeah but the description that implies that recon is easy supported by these terrible clips are bad.
  • Hawxxeye
    7073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Imho bolt action rifles are very strong... just they aren't totally broken as BF1 snipers.
    That is why it was the second least played class in bf1

OR maybe ditch the scope and shoot faster. I mean, if you are looking at an enemy for several seconds before even scoping in what did you think would happen?
    Without the scope I spend more time looking for the heads. In the case in the video it had to be a headshot for the assignment
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    It's not hard.

What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

Ok. So post yours.

here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.
  • GP-Caliber
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.

the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

Sorry for the long message lol
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

Yes, of course. Now that you've posted that video please tell us again about how weak the recon class is and how u can't play the objectives and how the guns need a buff.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I often go 60-70 kill games as recon with Kar98. However i have quite a lot of experience in shooters, A+ ESEA player. It is not favourable to the average player since to play recon efficiently and contribute you need to function more on a mid range basis, mix that with the TTK of semi rifles and LMG/MMG's and you need the ability to accurately flick and quick scope consistently.

I agree that the bullet velocity did not need to be nerfed as that is what makes a sniper a sniper, think about it. Now, both support and assault can compete with your range, which is ridiculous from any shooter standpoint. It invalidates the role, especially when a shotgun with a rifle bullet exists, you can even be the dominant one shot class.

In my opinion, in all my time playing shooters, i would much prefer recon to have a velocity buff and LMG/MMG's/Semi Auto's have TTK nerfs or range nerfs than keep the game the way it is, recon can be extremely frustrating.

"We don't want BF1 again" is in a sense an invalid argument because the other classes and their relative TTK : TTD are far different, bullet velocity from an overall standpoint is very different and map design is very different.

Please look at it from an un-biased point of view, your opinion isn't useful when it is based around "oh i just don't like snipers, so i don't want them to be buffed because i personally don't like them".

No offense but having a 70 kill recon game and calling it frustrating is pretty ridiculous lol. I have no real opinion as I have not tried recon yet.
    Snipers stole BF1 with the use of game mechanics.
    Please post statistics to support this rather than just a personal opinion. I play B1 quite a lot and don’t feel that it’s dominated by snipers. I think if you looked at actual stats you’ll see scouts aren’t the highest scoring class.

He's allowed to post opinion. It's a forum. Opinions are allowed.

If u want the stats why don't u research and post them?

That's reasonable, right?
    Here are the stats.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/67181/the-results-are-in-most-people-do-not-use-scout

I read thru the thread. But those are stats from bf1, not bf5. Right?
    It’s worth looking at the stats from B1 because people seem convinced that snipers dominate that game due to the “sweet spot” and more effective BA rifles. And hence the nerfing of these rifles in BV

It would be interesting to see stats from BV too.

• JackL1vely
    @GP-Caliber I already sort of talked about that video though, read my comments above.

Here's an example of someone who's above average as a Sniper. Most players can't quite flick or quickscope the way he does, and it's not like that on PC, from my experience anyway. Consistently pulling off headshots like that is not easy by any means.

Come up against other PC players, and 9/10 they melt you before you can even see them.

Speaking of which, most of the players he's up against are simply not paying attention. He gets shot at once, because they are mostly facing away from him, or are stuck in animation loops making them easy targets.

They're clearly not fantastic players either; Note the medic watch 2 of his teammates get headshotted, and instantly, without popping a smoke, or even waiting to analyze the threat, go for a revive. That's just poor planning and he's asking for himself to be domed, frankly.

Seems there are overall more "frosty" players on PC than consoles.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

This gameplay here, which is quite expert looking, doesn’t really represent the average player. And it looks like you are using aim assist with the fast scoping. Aim assist is probably what drives nerfing down the rifle.

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah for whatever reasons, they just don't want folks using rifles...on World War games. I just don't understand it. I could understand, snipers, and those with scopes.

But that should be a total different class, than say using an ironsight K 98, or Enfield, which is just what these soldiers carrried as their weapons during these wars. They did the same with BF1, making WW1 COD. I just don't understand why they do these things.
  • GP-Caliber
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

This gameplay here, which is quite expert looking, doesn’t really represent the average player. And it looks like you are using aim assist with the fast scoping. Aim assist is probably what drives nerfing down the rifle.

aim assist doesnt even really benefit you. sometimes it even messes with your aim.

Bf1 had 0 aim assist on bolt actions and I was better at that game than this one. mainly because of the muzzle velocity.
  • GP-Caliber
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

Yes, of course. Now that you've posted that video please tell us again about how weak the recon class is and how u can't play the objectives and how the guns need a buff.

i can do this with any gun. even better with assault. i am top 150 spm in the world. Like I stated earlier in this thread. this is impossible for the average player.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

That's like everyone that masters certain class posts a video and says look, it's balanced. So if I show you the clip of Stodeh you will believe that BA rifles are not just balanced but op as well.
  • GP-Caliber
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

Sorry for the long message lol

I agree with you that on pc you dont have aim assist but you do have a mouse. over time it is always better to have aim assist off because you have more control. the mouse gives you accuracy that a controller never will. also the assault rifles have alot more aim assist than bolt actions. bad players have better aim on console than on pc because of this, but mastering headshots is harder if you understand what I mean.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not hard.

Ok. So post yours.

I knew that was going to be the response. How predictable