Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

    Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

    I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.

    the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.

    Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

    I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

    On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

    I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

    I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

    However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

    Sorry for the long message lol

    Sorry that is incorrect PC does have Aim Assist if you are using a controller.
    Just as console have key binds and chat function since BF1, not talking about XIM.

  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

    Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

    I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.

    the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.

    Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

    I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

    On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

    I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

    I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

    However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

    Sorry for the long message lol

    Sorry that is incorrect PC does have Aim Assist if you are using a controller.
    Just as console have key binds and chat function since BF1, not talking about XIM.

    Well, that's just being pedantic. I obviously meant mouse and keyboard, and I doubt most BF players will use a controller on PC aside from vehicles, and I doubt most players are using XIM on console. Please don't be so contrary when we're talking about the vast majority of player experience, it's just a bit rude.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    You literally can't move that fast in real life though. Try it; move along your side 3 feet, left and right. ADAD spam at the moment is an issue. They apparently fixed it for BF1, but yet here it is again in BFV.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

    Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

    I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.

    the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.

    Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

    I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

    On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

    I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

    I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

    However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

    Sorry for the long message lol

    Sorry that is incorrect PC does have Aim Assist if you are using a controller.
    Just as console have key binds and chat function since BF1, not talking about XIM.

    Your funny!
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

    Ugh... that's some COD tier gameplay right there. Those flicks and quickscopes just... I used to be great at them when MW2 came out but I since lost my touch and now I can't even do that on PC. Kind of makes me sad, because the average player (i.e. Me) won't in his life dream of using Recon that aggressively, and couldn't even if he wanted to.

    I think a lot of that aiming is assisted though, you can tell when you "snap" to the dude with the revolver. It's a bit of a shame, because I feel like overall nerfs to classes will carry over from PC to consoles, despite the differences in the platforms.

    the snipers dont have snap aim assist. they do have slowdown tho i am trying with it on and off. not really sure if it helps me or messes with my aim tbh. havent really settled yet.

    Yeah, that's more or less what I meant though. It's still an assist with your aiming, I just don't know the lingo all that well.

    I get your point, it's not a huge bonus, but can you see how it would help to have the crosshairs slow down over a target? I think almost every console FPS does that. Halo even has some bullet magnetism. (No joke, the developers talked about it a lot).

    On PC there's no aim assist that I'm aware of, but it feels very imbalanced as a Recon coming up against... well, any other class other than Medic.

    I'm not rushing in like some aggressive sniper, but instead I'm starting from the back, killing a dude, and moving closer to the objective with each kill. Slow and methodical, constantly in motion. However, my aim isn't fantastic. I probably hit about half my shots unless I take the time to aim properly, but the bullet drag and velocity really messes my aim up. It's different every game but in BFV it just feels so... slow?

    I have to lead targets a lot and account for drop, and when I'm sure I've gotten headshots (because it's the only thing visible on the enemy who's hidden behind an impenetrable concrete wall), it's tremendously disheartening to see "ENEMY HIT +57".

    However there are other times when I've seen the bullet flatout pass through an enemy with no damage. I dunno if it's the server, lag, or just a visual bug, but when you line up a perfect shot, see it pass through an enemy and do no damage, I'd say something is a little off. (That's very rare though, but for example, yesterday, I sniped a Tiger's top turret gunner in the head 5 times while he was still, about 80m away. I watched the bullets fly through his head and do no damage.)

    Sorry for the long message lol

    Sorry that is incorrect PC does have Aim Assist if you are using a controller.
    Just as console have key binds and chat function since BF1, not talking about XIM.

    Your funny!
    I may be funny but on PC iron sight rifle can make use of aim assist, in BF1 you could tell an AA user. In BFV it is harder to tell at the moment as I have not come across as many recon.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I don't mind the snipers the way they are with a scope but running irons is hard work on this game . I miss that aggressive sniper like the Russian trench or Carcano from BF1.

    Has anyone tried the faster fire rate specialization on the Enfield ?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

    I have done. Granted the sniper was trying to hit me from B when I was mid F and B. I don't know what kind of distance that is, but let me tell you I could see the bullets coming at me and had time to react. "Seriously".
  • xAnimalxMotherx
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any nerf in a game is stupid. Best gameplay is found when every class and weapon is "over powered." It's called balance.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

    You can though in BFV.

    With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

    Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

    You can though in BFV.

    With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

    Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.

    How exactly can you react to it? You can't see it coming nor the sniper firing it. So it's not reacting to it, he just missed you. And how many times did I die after I took the cover. Or when you actually see the bullet in your top left/right corner and you are sure it missed you but you died anyway. What's up with that?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

    You can though in BFV.

    With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

    Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.

    How exactly can you react to it? You can't see it coming nor the sniper firing it. So it's not reacting to it, he just missed you. And how many times did I die after I took the cover. Or when you actually see the bullet in your top left/right corner and you are sure it missed you but you died anyway. What's up with that?

    You watch the muzzle flash. Then you dodge it.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    While trying to get that 3 headshot kills in a life assignment came across two very typical cases of what happens to a normal human (with no aim assist or Stodehish skills etc) when he tries to be aggressive with a bolt action in BFV instead of trying to catch enemies by surprise by hiding or camping far away

    I got the 3 kills later that round by avoiding engaging enemies who were looking at my direction :(

    OR maybe ditch the scope and shoot faster. I mean, if you are looking at an enemy for several seconds before even scoping in what did you think would happen?

    No dude... They shouldn’t be able to to kill you that fast at that range... I think he was very fast setting up his shot, I want to see you do it faster then that... You rarely quick scope at that range...

    And yes he look at enemy several seconds, but that was with spotting tool (it does not provide glint), they didnt notice him or start shooting at him until he scoped in with his rifle, since they saw the glint... His video clip here shows exactly what the problem is! He provided very good proof of this!

    On console recon is even worse since aiming is much harder! Your post is ridicilous...
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    20200sfly wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    ReCoN cLaSs Is ToO hArD! :D:D:D:D:D
    It's not hard.


    What is that 0.5 KPM? Lots of clips that weren't really clipworthy, just single kills and most of them bayonettings. You're not selling whatever that product is called.

    aaahh here we go again with the bad clips...

    I love when people try to troll by posting MLG game play to show how l33t they are but they just end up looking foolish

    In that clip, you literally killed what 4 people with your rifle? The rest you bayonet charged like a pro. You were mostly dealing with a 6 v 1 in your favor (how scary for you) with at least one medic and when you were outnumbered, you hid in a house with your medic friend and shot people who couldn't see you when they moved. Oh yeah, not a single enemy shot at you. You could have been playing on the test range bayonet charging the targets.

    You're only embarrassing yourself by posting these clips here with experienced scout players. I would recommend you stop before you further lower your credibility.

    And, just for once, try to actually win a 1 v 1 gun fight where the enemy is shooting back at you.

    Also, did you post a clip of you putting down a spawn beacon? Lol. Doesn't get much better than that.

    Ashar Saleem - I looked back thru the thread (not all of it, it's very long) but didn't see any of your gameplay clips.

    Since u are trying to bully others into posting theirs, and then putting them down when they do, I assume I missed your clips.

    You wouldn't just be a big mouth, right?

    he is right tho. the clips are not even clips. if I made a clip for every headshot i make i will have a video of 35 hours.

    Maybe. But at least he posted one. The other guy just squawks and squawks, calling people out and demanding videos, while never posting any himself. Then rips a guy when he does post a video even though he's too chicken s#@t to post one himself.

    I give the dude credit for not being a coward.

    nobody demanded. he just dropped the worst recon clips ive seen in my life.

    Ok. So post yours.

    here are some highlights from a game of breakthrough last night. Am I allowed to say something about someone else his highlights now?

    Yes, of course. Now that you've posted that video please tell us again about how weak the recon class is and how u can't play the objectives and how the guns need a buff.
    Eh, first of all, many of those enemies were standing still ”camping”, and also he seem to be a very good player, top tier for sure!
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

    this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

    I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

    Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

    Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

    You can though in BFV.

    With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

    Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.

    How exactly can you react to it? You can't see it coming nor the sniper firing it. So it's not reacting to it, he just missed you. And how many times did I die after I took the cover. Or when you actually see the bullet in your top left/right corner and you are sure it missed you but you died anyway. What's up with that?

    I've been trying to record BFV for a while now but it doesn't work on my PC for some reason, Gamebar simply flashes once then doesn't appear.

    However, I did a reaction speed test online, and here's my result;

    TDnxsZT.png

    Now at 150m, you'd have enough time to react to this and dodge it. However, the sniper I'm talking about was closer to maybe 250m away. I saw his glint, saw the muzzle flash, and yes, saw his round fly through the air. Contrary to what you may believe, you can see the bullet, because for some reason, rounds in Battlefield are all tracers. Maybe it just looks cooler, but it means that with enough concentration, you can absolutely dodge long range sniper fire. It's not really that hard.

    As for dying after taking cover, sometimes it's latency, sometimes its penetration, but a lot of the time it's a mismatch between what you're seeing and what the enemy is seeing.
Sign In or Register to comment.