Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Any nerf in a game is stupid. Best gameplay is found when every class and weapon is "over powered." It's called balance.
    This! Balance classes and weapons by making them stronger, not weaker. What’s happened in Battlefield is in order to placate the constant complainers. Weapons get weakened until they’re just ridiculous.
    I understand ditching the sweet spot from BF1, but the OHK to the torso was a self defense mechanic put in place for all those guys who run up on the Recon class the hose them with automatics. It was the Golden Parachute that sometimes saved your life. But it's gone as well.
    Removing the sweet spot or torso OHKs from bolt rifles results in this ridiculous nerf. BA rifles should Get OHK to head and torso at all ranges. That would be balanced.

• JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Any nerf in a game is stupid. Best gameplay is found when every class and weapon is "over powered." It's called balance.
    This! Balance classes and weapons by making them stronger, not weaker. What’s happened in Battlefield is in order to placate the constant complainers. Weapons get weakened until they’re just ridiculous.
    I understand ditching the sweet spot from BF1, but the OHK to the torso was a self defense mechanic put in place for all those guys who run up on the Recon class the hose them with automatics. It was the Golden Parachute that sometimes saved your life. But it's gone as well.
    Removing the sweet spot or torso OHKs from bolt rifles results in this ridiculous nerf. BA rifles should Get OHK to head and torso at all ranges. That would be balanced.

I made a thread of proposed Recon changes where I outline the buffs I think the class should receive, taking into consideration how easily a single buff can result in an OP class. However, I don't think any of my changes are OP, yet people still complain and argue against them despite having no legitimate reason to disagree.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/169433/recon-class-proposed-changes/p1

I asked for feedback, and the main thing I got from this one dude was "you are trying to be class power hungry", and him being contrary without providing evidence for his reasons against the buffs. Even when I countered his argument using facts and evidence, he still wouldn't see reason.

It's worth a read, even if you don't agree with all of the points, just to see how people react. That guy couldn't give me a good answer and just started being passive-aggressive.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SharpeXB wrote
    Not to torso. Sniper at long range is just fine. It takes skills to go for HS and that's how it should be.
    This game need a BA for close combat and here OHK to head and torso maybe could work, but only within around 50m.
    The good thing about BVF is that camping snipers are way lower than in BF1, but PTFO recons are gone.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You seriously need to remember that you got more weapons than the OHK L33T bolts. I cant hit a headshot, like ever, but the semi two hit kills are not bad. The only buff I see is the flare, maybe a bit longer two hit kill on the semi autos...

There are still silly amounts of snipers when one sniper friendly map shows up...I mean, they even gave the class COD knifes...
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You seriously need to remember that you got more weapons than the OHK L33T bolts. I cant hit a headshot, like ever, but the semi two hit kills are not bad. The only buff I see is the flare, maybe a bit longer two hit kill on the semi autos...

There are still silly amounts of snipers when one sniper friendly map shows up...I mean, they even gave the class COD knifes...

I don't remember BO4 having throwing knives...

There will always be snipers as it is a play-style that some people preference, that should not dictate whether or not the class gets to be balanced or not. The self loading rifles suck because the Turner SMLE, M1A1, etc, majorly out class them.

• Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

2 of the 3 slrs are 3 hit kills after a certain range. Only 1 is 2hk at any distance
    All of them have a disproportionately large recoil and low RoF compared to their damage when contrasted with the semi autos of the assault
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

2 of the 3 slrs are 3 hit kills after a certain range. Only 1 is 2hk at any distance
    All of them have a disproportionately large recoil and low RoF compared to their damage when contrasted with the semi autos of the assault

RoF fits their damage model and only makes them more punishing, which suits the scout class imo. They would be fine with some adjustments such as:

- increased muzzle velocity
    - increase 2 BTK range up to 70 meters on the AL 8 and RSC
    - give AL8 and RSC a range limited one-hit headshot kill up to 30 meters or so
    - remove glint on the 3x scope
  • Lunedergod
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I understand people hate getting hit from all angles by snipers at the same time most snipers don't make it into top 10 unless they are aim botting/using controller. Worse yet they put sniper scopes on every assault and support weapon making them have less bullet drop and faster velocity while spraying so they are laser accurate then ignore they made all the other classes better snipers than the actual sniper.

Heck the M30 Drilling that doesn't even have a sniper scope I was head shotting and body hitting people at 250m it is that accurate with the rifle round. My best record was a head shot at over 400m on the panzer map, I was literally shooting at a pixel.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bottom line. This is a myth in Battlefield that snipers dominate the game. They just don’t. Look at the statistics from B1. And that’s a game with OHK to torso.
    I can look at my own statistics from the Battlefield app. I’m no expert but that’s the point.
    I actually like to play Scout the most and have the higher rank in that class
    But my in game kills for the top 7 weapons are 779 for assault SMGs and support LMGs
    Then two infantry (no scopes) rifles Gewehrs 95 and 98 at 238

So the facts don’t support this myth.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

You can though in BFV.

With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.

How exactly can you react to it? You can't see it coming nor the sniper firing it. So it's not reacting to it, he just missed you. And how many times did I die after I took the cover. Or when you actually see the bullet in your top left/right corner and you are sure it missed you but you died anyway. What's up with that?

I've been trying to record BFV for a while now but it doesn't work on my PC for some reason, Gamebar simply flashes once then doesn't appear.

However, I did a reaction speed test online, and here's my result;

TDnxsZT.png

Now at 150m, you'd have enough time to react to this and dodge it. However, the sniper I'm talking about was closer to maybe 250m away. I saw his glint, saw the muzzle flash, and yes, saw his round fly through the air. Contrary to what you may believe, you can see the bullet, because for some reason, rounds in Battlefield are all tracers. Maybe it just looks cooler, but it means that with enough concentration, you can absolutely dodge long range sniper fire. It's not really that hard.

As for dying after taking cover, sometimes it's latency, sometimes its penetration, but a lot of the time it's a mismatch between what you're seeing and what the enemy is seeing.

What test is that? Did one I found and scored 188ms best and 229 average, I highly doubt that spassing would be very accurate though.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It might be a bit off topic but imho , it is this type of movement that kills the potential of slow firing weapons.
    Of people can do the matrix dodging then it is the faster firing weapons that have a largest chance to hit

this is only a problem because of the terrible velocity. it gives the enemy time to outstrafe your shots.

I've literally stood on Aerodrome and watched enemy snipers (as Assault with an M1A1) and baited snipers into shooting me. I could watch the bullet (tracers, not sure why but hey, it looks cool) and literally side step them in the time it took for them to reach me. Just strafe your way closer to the sniper, then immediately outgun him with your own sniper rifle M1A1 and carry on.

Sniper's bullet velocity, as well as the drop is a bit of a joke, to be perfectly honest. I know 'realism' is a very loose term for videogames, but this is just hilariously bad sometimes.

Right....like you would be able to see the incoming bullet and have time to react to it....seriously...

You can though in BFV.

With a velocity of 700 m/s (Kar 98), the bullet would take 258 ms to reach you at 150 meters. That's definitely enough time to react to it. It's pretty close to the average human reaction speed.

Beyond that, at 200 meters, you've got more than enough time to react to it at 369 ms before the bullet reaches you.

How exactly can you react to it? You can't see it coming nor the sniper firing it. So it's not reacting to it, he just missed you. And how many times did I die after I took the cover. Or when you actually see the bullet in your top left/right corner and you are sure it missed you but you died anyway. What's up with that?

I've been trying to record BFV for a while now but it doesn't work on my PC for some reason, Gamebar simply flashes once then doesn't appear.

TDnxsZT.png

Now at 150m, you'd have enough time to react to this and dodge it. However, the sniper I'm talking about was closer to maybe 250m away. I saw his glint, saw the muzzle flash, and yes, saw his round fly through the air. Contrary to what you may believe, you can see the bullet, because for some reason, rounds in Battlefield are all tracers. Maybe it just looks cooler, but it means that with enough concentration, you can absolutely dodge long range sniper fire. It's not really that hard.

As for dying after taking cover, sometimes it's latency, sometimes its penetration, but a lot of the time it's a mismatch between what you're seeing and what the enemy is seeing.

What test is that? Did one I found and scored 188ms best and 229 average, I highly doubt that spassing would be very accurate though.

Dunno, just googled speed reaction test and clicked this. Literally my third try I got 239 ms, which is ample time to dodge a sniper bullet in this game.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You can though in BFV.

TDnxsZT.png

Dunno, just googled speed reaction test and clicked this. Literally my third try I got 239 ms, which is ample time to dodge a sniper bullet in this game.

However there is the visual delay from the same thing that causes the TTD issue. It even happens with panzerfausts where you get the damage without even seeing the rocket come and hit
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

You can though in BFV.

TDnxsZT.png

Found that exact same test, managed to prefire it landing at 50ms one time. B)
  • Hawxxeye
    231 average out of 5 here
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe with the ttk 2.0 change tomorrow, scouts will get and indirect buff by non BA weapons taking longer to melt recons.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danosta wrote: »
    Maybe with the ttk 2.0 change tomorrow, scouts will get and indirect buff by non BA weapons taking longer to melt recons.

Or it will take 3 shots to kill with BA rifles. :D
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This thread is hilarious. I never worry about snipers anymore, even if they hit me once. Most cannot aim and by the time I'm hit I'm behind cover and healing.

I've been playing the class a lot more than the previous game, sucks that there aren't any ohks. I'll just have to aim for the head which is what I've been doing. Scouts are definitely worthless. Can't cap/defend flags because enemies have assault rifles, can't get any kills unless up close pistol or head shot, and spotting does hardly anything.

Anyone here play scout and be at the top of the score board? I'm at the bottom or middle every time, even sneaking to get flags.
  • JackL1vely
    edited December 2018
    This thread is hilarious. I never worry about snipers anymore, even if they hit me once. Most cannot aim and by the time I'm hit I'm behind cover and healing.

I've been playing the class a lot more than the previous game, sucks that there aren't any ohks. I'll just have to aim for the head which is what I've been doing. Scouts are definitely worthless. Can't cap/defend flags because enemies have assault rifles, can't get any kills unless up close pistol or head shot, and spotting does hardly anything.

Anyone here play scout and be at the top of the score board? I'm at the bottom or middle every time, even sneaking to get flags.

I've made it to the top of the leaderboard a few times, mostly through just PTFO but being really sneaky about it. It's very rewarding but it was also because my team were abysmally bad. Some were even idle.

I'm not a phenomenal Recon player myself but I consider myself competent enough to give it a go every now and then. Difficult when you have underpowered weapons and gadgets and Assault to contend with.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I've made it to the top of the leaderboard a few times, mostly through just PTFO but being really sneaky about it. It's very rewarding but it was also because my team were abysmally bad. Some were even idle.

I'm not a phenomenal Recon player myself but I consider myself competent enough to give it a go every now and then. Difficult when you have underpowered weapons and gadgets and Assault to contend with.

Depends on the map for me.

Idk why (I never played BF1 for long), but recon feels a lot better than BF3/BF4 to me. Aggro recon works, not to the extend of BC2's Recons, but it works. I've had 1 Grand Operation on Hamada/Aerodrome where everything just fell into place and just kept on flanking enemies at medium range and positioning beacons behind enemy lines for the team.

That was probably my craziest recon round yet though, reached near 100 kills during the entire operation and an average SPM of 960'ish.

The only thing I'd wish was that pistols were a bit better (excluding the Revolver).

So far I do prefer M95 though. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it feels more "reliable" than the other bolt actions.