Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    You guys still whining in here wishing this was a bf1 reskin? :D

I predict with ttk 2.0 that you guys will still be expecting 1 shot to the body kills while everyone else will be screaming about the nerf guns.

Then BF5 will mostly die because it wont be worth playing anymore, you guys wont have anyone to shoot at, and this thread will just naturally end as the forums become a ghost town. :D

You're still coming back with nonsense about things nobody asked for?

Again, for the billionth time... we don't want one hit kill body shots.

Can we get another "This is how you're supposed to play recon" satire video again?

But you do want 1 hit kill body shots, or at least an increased chance of the same.

:D You can play it how you wanna play it, I just showed you how I play it. There's no satire there.

Don't forget to put down your spawn beacons tho, it's most important.

the way you play it looks like satire tbh😂

LMAO I saw your gameplay, dragshotting with slowdown and a scope. So much cheese.

Keep trying tho, one day you might get good.

hahahaha one day you might get good? dude i will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ down your neck on this game.

enjoy your 10 kill games
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think BA rifles are the only weapons that benefited from this new TTK. I haven't tried anything else so that's just my assumption from what I've read on the forum but I really think BAs are good now. Played 2 games yesterday and ended with very high scores. Played another 2 just now. Went 53-11 in Rotterdam which is my highest score and kills per round with BA rifles and comfortably topped the 2nd round on Twisted steel. Playing Conquest, PS4.

So yeah as a Recon main (only using BA rifles) I like the new TTK but I wish they kept the old one and buffed BA rifles some other way like it has been suggested here plenty of times. It wouldn't be as good as it is now though..
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I think BA rifles are the only weapons that benefited from this new TTK. I haven't tried anything else so that's just my assumption from what I've read on the forum but I really think BAs are good now. Played 2 games yesterday and ended with very high scores. Played another 2 just now. Went 53-11 in Rotterdam which is my highest score and kills per round with BA rifles and comfortably topped the 2nd round on Twisted steel. Playing Conquest, PS4.

So yeah as a Recon main (only using BA rifles) I like the new TTK but I wish they kept the old one and buffed BA rifles some other way like it has been suggested here plenty of times. It wouldn't be as good as it is now though..

wow, 53 - 11... No offence, but it seems to me like you come across a lot more "average" players on consoles than PC. In my experience playing console games, I find more people who are idle, more people who don't understand the controls, and more people who are just... bad.

On PC it seems like a lot more people are very good, at least in the games I play. It makes it a lot harder for someone like myself who is about average to get any better. I think my highest score is something like 25 -- 2 though I can't be sure. I tried to check on the stats site but it's a bit broken at the moment.

I think it's not that any class particularly benefitted from the recent TTK changes, but more that the Recon was nerfed the least, (as in TTK was not changed for BAs, apparently). This is a step in the right direction but I honestly find the BAs to be a little lacklustre, still.

On Aerodrome, I was mid B and C. I noticed a guy hanging out around F. He was taking potshots at me. I used the spotting scope and found that he was an assault. I took out the Lee Enfield, and not only did I discover that he was able to fire more often than me (that's a given), the individual bullet velocity was much higher, and the drop was significantly less. I could see his bullets flying through, and I saw that he was able to sidestep my bullets because the velocity was just so bad in comparison.

I still think the Bolt Actions need a velocity and drop buff.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »

wow, 53 - 11... No offence, but it seems to me like you come across a lot more "average" players on consoles than PC. In my experience playing console games, I find more people who are idle, more people who don't understand the controls, and more people who are just... bad.

On PC it seems like a lot more people are very good, at least in the games I play. It makes it a lot harder for someone like myself who is about average to get any better. I think my highest score is something like 25 -- 2 though I can't be sure. I tried to check on the stats site but it's a bit broken at the moment.

I think it's not that any class particularly benefitted from the recent TTK changes, but more that the Recon was nerfed the least, (as in TTK was not changed for BAs, apparently). This is a step in the right direction but I honestly find the BAs to be a little lacklustre, still.

On Aerodrome, I was mid B and C. I noticed a guy hanging out around F. He was taking potshots at me. I used the spotting scope and found that he was an assault. I took out the Lee Enfield, and not only did I discover that he was able to fire more often than me (that's a given), the individual bullet velocity was much higher, and the drop was significantly less. I could see his bullets flying through, and I saw that he was able to sidestep my bullets because the velocity was just so bad in comparison.

I agree but I also think PC and consoles should be balanced separately just because, like you said, players on PC are "better" because it's easier to play with M&KB. Stodeh is a good example. No matter how bad BA rifles are, he will still make them look good but there's no way anyone can play like that on consoles (with controller of course). I do hit at least 15 headshots per game, even up to 30 but gameplay on consoles is different(slower). But those are the games I feel like I'm Stodeh 2.0 even though it didn't look nowhere near as good. I really think BA rifles are good on consoles with this TTK.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »

I would have to disagree here with your first point. I've seen Stodeh and all these guys who play on PC. In their videos they come across absolute garbage players. He's just lying down in the middle of them mowing them down with a revolver and they're completely oblivious. Most people in the comments will say as much.

Of course that could be selective sample size. But I personally would get wrecked in that same situation
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well I dont enjoy game anymore after the ttk change, sure I can run around with my bolt action rifle (Krag-Jorgensen) getting a little better k/d now maybe, but to be honest support guns like the KE-7 still wrecks me...

I think the ttk change only removed recon ability to ptfo with their SLRs, now you have to rely on your bolt action rifle to do this, and well, it isnt working too well anyway... After all, we aren’t running around with bf1 rifles and mars automatic pistol here (oh, how I miss my mars automatic)... And I get this bug on my 6x sight were you miss your shots because sight is blurry, like you were moving, but you’re actually standing still, and it takes like forever sometimes for it to go away... And sometimes I headshot a guy camping 5 times and the shot dont register...
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I remember just lighting up the place with frag rounds with shotguns in BF4. Those things were pretty crazy.

I can't really remember using shotguns much in BF3.

I know in BC2 the Saiga with slug rounds was basically a hipfire semi-auto sniper rifle that could easily kill at long ranges.

BFBC2 did a good ballance. From the VSS to M95, the highest and slowest ROF sniper are all not just viable but competitive. About slugs, i love slugs because it make shotguns useful.

I mean, most commercial shotguns IRL have 50m of effective range. I hate hit someone at 15m on BF1 and deal only 10 damage. I really wanna see dragon breath on a BF game. Shotguns are another type of weapon that receive a lot of hate. Apparently any non fully auto weapon receive hate...

BFBC2 was far from balanced. It was actually a pretty awful game, I went back to it recently for old time sake..

The only reason it was so well loved is because while COD was recycling the same old crap Dice brought vehicles and squad based play to FPS.

I think dice know this is why BC2 was such a hit, and the reason they haven't done BC3 is because such an unbalanced, clunky pile of crap cannot exist successfully in this generation, and they know it.

Unless they have sonething genuinely ground breaking to release, BC3 will never work.
  • Zpocalypse_1337
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't care less either way. Need to lead a bit more? So be it. If you can't compensate with that you clearly haven't done well with sniping in bf4 :P
  • Major_Pungspark
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should all use the ZH-29, it is probably one of the best guns in the game and now that I am finally is in a recon phase I am starting to get quite good with it.

Places that I never been killed by a sniper on I can easily two hit people running by, I have certainly come to the conclusion that most recon in the game really suck, of course you have those hovering on top of the scoreboard but most are far down with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ kd.

I do have trouble scoring many points, both because just in the short range it is a bit weak while the flares both can be shot down, you only have one in the start and it also gives kind of bad points. Also I tend to keep a bit away from the squad thanks to me being hesitant to engage a lot at closer ranges, but staying close enough to pop flares and taking advantage of the usually massive advantage at >40 meters. Some objectives are better than other with an slr.

Usually I try to be squadleader to but when playing recon I just tag along and if they go to really bad shooting areas I just flank out and pop a flare. This probably contributes some to the bad points.....also a shitload of running to get more flares. .
  • JadedJunglist
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should all use the ZH-29, it is probably one of the best guns in the game and now that I am finally is in a recon phase I am starting to get quite good with it.

Places that I never been killed by a sniper on I can easily two hit people running by, I have certainly come to the conclusion that most recon in the game really suck, of course you have those hovering on top of the scoreboard but most are far down with a **** kd.

I do have trouble scoring many points, both because just in the short range it is a bit weak while the flares both can be shot down, you only have one in the start and it also gives kind of bad points. Also I tend to keep a bit away from the squad thanks to me being hesitant to engage a lot at closer ranges, but staying close enough to pop flares and taking advantage of the usually massive advantage at >40 meters. Some objectives are better than other with an slr.

Usually I try to be squadleader to but when playing recon I just tag along and if they go to really bad shooting areas I just flank out and pop a flare. This probably contributes some to the bad points.....also a shitload of running to get more flares. .

so in a thread about bolt action rifles you suggest not using them because something else is better, then proceed to tell us how you use the same work arounds every other scout has said they use. ie; hanging back a bit from your squad. avoiding "bad shooting areas".

your most recon suck comment first led me to believe you were about to tell everyone to get good. then you leveled out telling us how you have to play just like most every other scout because the class just isn't as viable in the thick of it
  • Major_Pungspark
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Most recons don´t sit inside the objective or on the edge of it or just outside of it, they dont use flares either, they usually don´t use a semi either but a really slow bolt (in comparison.) making them really bad in close while the semi can take down people with two quick ones, they have no clue what is happening in the game staring into the scope, never playing other classes (You probably can look that up, snipers usually main sniper.) making them horrible at the flow of the game.

There are some objectives that are kind of bad to go into with a semi (Room clearing is not fun exactly.) while many other are perfectly doable so I am usually a bit more picky about storming in or not, also the flare and extra range kind of makes me move into the objective slower because you suddenly have more targets that you can easily spot and a range advantage, this for me causes less points even if I get a kill or two before getting into the objective.

The bolt is not the thing to use, for anyone trying to be a part of the game, unless they are amazing players that can land those headshots. Sitting on a hill in danger of being out of bounds, is not a really effective way to play the game.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Places that I never been killed by a sniper on I can easily two hit people running by, I have certainly come to the conclusion that most recon in the game really suck, of course you have those hovering on top of the scoreboard but most are far down with a **** kd.

The ZH-29 and Selb 1906 are without a doubt the best recon weapons, but I still think assault semi-autos, especially the G43, are better anyway.

The Bolt actions are trash tier weapons unless your enemy all stands still or you're very very very highly skilled. Even if you are in the upper echelon of skill, you'll still do better with assault semi-autos or the ZH-29 or Selb 1906 if you're sticking to recon.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I couldn't care less either way. Need to lead a bit more? So be it. If you can't compensate with that you clearly haven't done well with sniping in bf4 :P

Sniping in BF4 was substantially easier. You didn't have to contend with drag (meaning your bullet didn't slow down as it travels), you could one hit kill to the chest at close ranges, your range before damage dropoff to minimum was more than double that of BFV, and you could have up to a 40x scope for extremely long ranges. Also, the head hitbox, according to devs, is slightly larger in BF4.

Bolt actions in BFV have a lot more drop than BF4. At 300 meters when comparing the M98B and Kar 98, you're looking at just over 132% more bullet drop for the Kar 98. At 150 meters it's 54% more drop on the Kar 98. This is because of drag slowing your bullet down in BFV but not in BF4.

Bolt actions in BFV have much slower bullets than BF4 particularly past 100 or so meters. It's only at close ranges where some of the rifles have a faster velocity. If you compare the fastest velocity bolt action from BF4 to the fastest velocity bolt action from BFV, the BFV rifle only has a faster muzzle velocity up to 60 meters. Beyond 60 meters it's slower.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zombie thread. And here I was thinking Scout was being nerfed even further into the dirt.