What was everyone's first Battlefield game?

hawkseye17
586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Mine was Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for PS2
On PC it was BF4

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2093 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 on PC.

Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 are my favorite BF games imho ^ ^
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1942 in 2002 on a pretty bad pc. Still loads of fun. The one great thing about being such a long time fan is seeing people who started playing during BF3 or BC2 talk about the "roots" of BF and what subsequent BF games should be like in comparison.

I think it should be mandatory for people to play BF1943, Vietnam, and BF2 before speaking on the "roots" of BF or how BF games should be made based on the history of the franchise.

Take, for instance, people who complain about the BF1 map Tsaritsyn, saying that it's tiny and only has 3 objs and is "nothing like a true BF map", when in reality the map is essentially a ww1 take on the map Stalingrad from BF1942, which was a small map with 3 objs, two near each team uncap and one in the center, with one tank for each team and no other vehicles.

Just goes to show how much utter BS is spewed about this franchise and its games throughout the community.
  • DartMauI
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1942, best experience ever. but my fav is bfheroes strangely enough..second bfbc2, 3rd: bf3
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF 1942, starting with the Wake demo...
  • nukethemnoobs
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 2
  • SpartanSniper214
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield Bad Company 1 one the 360.
  • 8_WhySkittles_8
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFP4F was the first and best one lol they need to bring it back
  • switch243
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    bf1942 lots of hours on that during high school. lots of time playing all the mods too. Desert Combat, Battlefield 1918, etc..
  • FlibbleJibblet
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mine was codename eagle. Proper original.
  • MpMartN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bf1942
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    BF1942, I still play it online very often. On Forgotten Hope / Battlegroup 42 mods it's one of the best WW2 games ever made.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BC2 on a friends PS3 that he housed at my place while grounded
  • nukethemnoobs
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Bad Company 2 on PS3
  • foehn117
    postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1942 on PC
  • Phugazi
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I vaguely remember starting with 1942 on PC but I have more memories playing BF2 on PC. So, I think I definitely played BF2 more.

• BuddaSD30
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1942.

Played em all. The franchise has had it's ups and downs. 

A lot of hardcore BF fans hated 2142 when it was released. That title is now ripe for an update!
  • rameskiller
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Battlefield 2 modern combat on original Xbox then went to PC Battlefield heroes I stopped playing that because it was filled with paid to win mechanics before it got shut down then went to console Battlefield bad company 1 To Battlefield 5 I skipped Hardline it was a bit boring and I didn't really like Battlefield 4 I prefered Battlefield 3 also I played Battlefield 1943

My favorite Battlefield is Battlefield 1 And Battlefield 3
    My least favorite battlefield is bad company 2 And Battlefield Hardline
  • Circlestrafe
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BF1942  
    BF2142 = Favorite
    BFBC2 = close second
  • SinCity_24_7
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1942
  • NerdyAsianChick
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My 1st Battlefield game = BF2
    The best video game I've ever played = BF4