Battles you'd like to see in SP/MP

Scherzo09
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Mentioned wanting to see the Christmas Truce in another thread, but I figured it'd be neat to talk about actual battles you'd like to see as well. Here are some I thought of:

*Miracle on the Marne (imagining riding into battle by hundreds of Parisian Taxis)
*Gallipoli (probably a gimmie given the details of a 'D-Day' Level)
*Siege of Tsingtao (Kind of a longshot but I think it'd be interesting to show it really was a world war)
*Jutland (I don't know how they'd systematize naval gameplay, but this would be amazing)
*Cambrai (First massed tank assault in military history)
*The Lost Batallion (figured this might be cool too)

But curious for comments and other suggestions.

Comments

• X0fireOz
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    [quote="Scherzo09;151"]
    *The Lost Batallion (figured this might be cool too)

But curious for comments and other suggestions.
    [/quote]

If the Lost Battalion was in this game, I would wait in line for 4 days just to buy it
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battles should be multi-vehicle and infatry included. No separation as we had in BF4 > Attack helicopters or jet fights = this is boring.

I want to see fights in city, deserts, mountains with lots of destruction such as: bridges, houses and making a crater after a grenade or tank shell. The game should give us a visible understand that we are standing there. Not a cartoonish style with cut off features. At least it's 2016 and I have real faith in DICE with their possibilities
  • Reconpilot001
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Hill 60 modulable level. part of the team defends/ attacks hill other part defends/attack point in the tunnel. if the top hill team loses? boom goes the entire hill.
  • X0fireOz
    [quote="Reconpilot001;1164"]Hill 60 modulable level. part of the team defends/ attacks hill other part defends/attack point in the tunnel. if the top hill team loses? boom goes the entire hill.[/quote]

I think we could take inspiration from Operation Locker with this, some people going up and some going down. I watched that movie and absolutely loved it
  • Reconpilot001
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Plus they get two levels for the price of one thats very scripted, imagine "Hill 60 Aftermath", you fought for the hill, now for the crater ! nah kidding.
  • X0fireOz
    edited May 2016
    [quote="Reconpilot001;1178"]imagine "Hill 60 Aftermath", you fought for the hill, now for the crater ![/quote]

Lmao, that would be hilarious. Would sig if I could use a signature, lol
  • Frankenstein68
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    > @Scherzo09 said:
    > Mentioned wanting to see the Christmas Truce in another thread, but I figured it'd be neat to talk about actual battles you'd like to see as well. Here are some I thought of:
    >
    > *Miracle on the Marne (imagining riding into battle by hundreds of Parisian Taxis)
    > *Gallipoli (probably a gimmie given the details of a 'D-Day' Level)
    > *Siege of Tsingtao (Kind of a longshot but I think it'd be interesting to show it really was a world war)
    > *Jutland (I don't know how they'd systematize naval gameplay, but this would be amazing)
    > *Cambrai (First massed tank assault in military history)
    > *The Lost Batallion (figured this might be cool too)
    >
    > But curious for comments and other suggestions.
    >

Miracle on the Marne would be great! Gallipoli is pretty much a given in my opinion too. So is Cambrai. I’d LOVE to see Jutland but I don’t think the game is set up for something like that. “The Lost Battalion”; isn’t that Belleau Woods? Also be a welcome addition.

Some other’s that I’d personally love...

*Bloody April (for the pilots out there)
    *Vimy Ridge (Canadian’s rule!)
    *Passchendaele (Mud and Blood... one of the most brutal battles ever fought)
    *Verdun (The battle around the fortress...)

The list is much more extensive than most give credit. WWI is hardly lacking in material.... :smile:
  • mgreider89
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    The Battle of the Somme is one that we should see. Artillery fire lasted for days non-stop. And the British lost 60,000 on the first day.

Also, not a battle but I hope they capture the scale of the German army at the start of the war. They were the scariest army in the world. And the best equipped. Maybe we'll get to see their march into Belgium.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Search first world war battles and you should find a site that lists every one and the date they started. (Can't post link for some silly reason)

Gallipoli Campaign

Middle East Campaign (Battle of Beersheba number one prefered)

Battle of Pozieres Ridge
    Australians had a massive exchange of grenades with the Germans. Australian threw around 15 000 grenades alone, the German number is not known.

Would love to see multiple playable nations. Gallipoli for example would be ANZACs and Turks.
    Kinda annoyed about the cover being the Harlem Hellfighters, i have nothing against them but I'm sick of America being the face of everything especially considering that they joined the war late.

I reckon a Poppy flower or a field of poppys would be a better cover art. A bit dark and maybe doesn't look as cool but considering we're going through the 100th anniversary of the the great war; it just seems more appropriate and paying homage to those that fell and those that survived.

Maybe have each country that was involed have their own cover art? (Australia - Light horse, British - Fusiliers, German - Stormtroopers etc.) may seem a bit much and a lot of marketing to try amd sell but it's something that if DICE did and pulled off...well I'll leave that to your imagination.