Map Editor for BFV!

PlatterKotten
50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I would love to see and use a map editor for the Battlefield franchise.. BF has hung around for a long time now and have plenty of assets to make cool maps from like:
Battlefield 2042
Battlefield Bad Company 1,2
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield 2 3,4, and 5
We could also use assets from Mirrors Edge (just because).

They community is full of talented map creators, just look at some of the maps people made in Far Cry 5 Arcade. I would love to see a simular Arcade-ish editor and player for Battlefield, and make maps for conquest and team deathmatch and so on, Frontlines and newer gamemodes might be too complicated for casual creators at the community.
This could be run on specific servers, official ones or for rental.
What do you think?

Comments

• BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the thing is there's already map-editors for frostbite out there (one exists for a sort of "version" Bad Company 2, one is supposedly in the works for Battlefield 3) They're not exactly easy to use however, and generally require somewhat "grey-area" activities in order to actually be useful, Largely due to DICE/EA having locked down/prevented the kind of access to server files that would allow for custom content to be hosted (meaning that there had to be workarounds the specifics of which I'm not sure I'm allowed to talk about here).

EA would be wise however to take seriously the idea of allowing community created content/assets back into battlefield, seeing how Ubisoft, Bethesda, and Activision/Blizzard appear to be taking it seriously. Past battlefield games (Pre-Bad-Company 2) did allow for Custom maps, Mods, and Game-modes, so this wouldn't exactly be "new territory" for the franchise.
  • Noodlesocks
    3162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It won't happen. I would love to get my hands on a map editor for the game but EA (and a lot of big name FPS devs) lock their games down tight these days.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As dlcs will be included. The no1 reason, to sell dlcs, is not existent anymore.
    A map editor would be a nice addition.