Worried about BFV, need advice.

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi, i'm interested in buying BFV but i'm worried about the game being successful because of the bad press and all the controversy surrounding it.
What worries me the most is servers being underpopulated and EA neglecting the game.

Here on the forums there are more loyal fans so please tell me what are your thoughts ? I've stuck with BF since 2142 and this really worries me as i want this game to succeed.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody can decide for you. Wait for open beta and give the game a try. I'm sure it will be enough to make a decision.
  • Zviko0
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No need to worry. There's no way a game such as Battlefield will ever have underpopulated servers.

If Hardline survived and is still active, then so will BFV.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody can decide for you. Wait for open beta and give the game a try. I'm sure it will be enough to make a decision.

I was able to try the alpha because my friend got the code. I liked it a lot, i mean the game is a huge improvement in the right direction in terms of gameplay.
    Player numbers are worrying.
  • plliadidas
    124 postsMember Member
    This game will be fine it may not do as well bf1 at launch but I’m sure it will be just fine
  • SFSeventh
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    No need to worry. There's no way a game such as Battlefield will ever have underpopulated servers.

Huh i all but forgot about Hardline ... well makes total sense if we put it that way.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game will be just fine. There is always a big core community that plays the game for years regardless of sales.
  • SFSeventh
    edited August 2018
    Game will be just fine. There is always a big core community that plays the game for years regardless of sales.

I guess you guys are right.
    I get it, people got angry but do they really have to ruin the fun for us ?
  • Pelliy
    2224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    right now you're looking for reassurances. We can't provide that for you. All you have to do is stay tuned. I think it will be fine, but i could be wrong.
  • SFSeventh
    right now you're looking for reassurances. We can't provide that for you. All you have to do is stay tuned. I think it will be fine, but i could be wrong.

Well yeah, i am. I don't know what to make of this
  • azelenkin0306
    551 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No worries, the game will sell well and you will always find the players to play with. Currently noone can predict the amount of the post-launch content, because there is no Premium Pass anymore and it's hard to tell whether selling skins will provide enough money.

Honestly, they've put themselves into a very tricky situation, because currently selling skins is the only possible way to earn money after launch. Based on what I've read here, on Reddit and other resources (including Russian ones), not so many people are going to buy skins. I don't care about skins, but I also don't want this game to fail, because I want to see at least Soviet Union and Eastern front :)
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People are still playing Bad Company 2 so no need to worry.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

I played hardline on the x1 the other night and had no problem finding games. Was a change of pace and I had a blast.
  • baroncrovax
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion based on Battlefront 2:
    The controversy with Battlefront 2 was much worse and it still had people playing. The game will be fine up until Dec when they probably release a new map. After that, however, prepare for this game to get abandoned.

If you can squeeze your money's worth out of the game before March 2019 go buy without fear. If you expect more beyond that don't.