Battle of Rotterdam, Implement the Dutch army in BFV!

L4Dtrooper
182 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 23
Battle of Rotterdam, Implement the Dutch army in BFV!
This is unlikely to happen since American and English are always the chosen heroes for (over) glorification.
And since DICE makes/tells misplaced stories of histories we will probably never see an authentic Dutch soldier!

But it is not too late yet!
As a Dutchman I am willing to give them some inspiration for BFV Battle of Rotterdam the authentic Dutch army.
And hopefully we get this authentic soldiers uniforms and weapons as customization!

Full history
you want full information about the battle go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rotterdam

Battle of Rotterdam
The Battle of Rotterdam was a Second World War battle fought during the Battle of the Netherlands. Fought between 10–14 May 1940, it was a German attempt to seize the Dutch city. It ended in a German victory, following the Rotterdam Blitz.

The landing
In the early morning hours of 10 May, 12 Heinkel He 59 seaplanes landed on the Nieuwe Maas. Rubber dinghies were launched. Each could carry six soldiers and their equipment; about 80 German soldiers landed on both banks of the river and an island. The Germans quickly seized some of the bridges, which were not guarded. The only resistance they met was from some Dutch policemen.
Oberstleutnant Dietrich von Choltitz, the commander of the 3rd Battalion of the 16th Air Landing Regiment, began to organize his troops after landing them at Waalhaven Air Force Base. He sent them to the bridges in Rotterdam.

The Dutch had not stationed many soldiers in the southern part of the city. One unit was made up of butchers and bakers and about 90 infantrymen, the latter being reinforced by riflemen who had withdrawn from the airfield. The Dutch troops hid in houses that were on the route to the bridges.
There they ambushed the approaching German troops.
Both sides suffered casualties.

The Germans managed to bring up a PaK anti-tank gun. The Dutch had to yield under the ever-increasing pressure. The German force then moved on to the bridges, quickly followed by the bulk of 9th Company of the 16th Air Landing Regiment.
Meanwhile, the staff of 3rd Battalion of the 16th Air Landing Regiment had run into the Dutch in the square. Oberstleutnant von Choltitz′s adjutant took charge of an assault on the Dutch position but was mortally wounded in the process.

When the Germans looked for another route to the bridges to bypass the Dutch stronghold, they managed to find a wedge that advance troops had created along the quays. It was at about 09:00 when the bulk of the 3rd Battalion made contact with the defenders of the bridges.
The Dutch company in the south of the city was able to stand its ground until well into the afternoon of 10 May. It was then assaulted by the newly landed 10th Company of the 16th Air Landing Regiment, assisted by mortars.
The Dutch surrendered when they ran out of ammunition.

The battle
10 May
The Dutch troops in the north of town were alerted by the roaring of planes overhead. The garrison headquarters were temporarily manned by only a Captain, who had the troops assemble and coordinated the distribution of ammunition. Many small detachments were sent out to the bridges, the three railway stations nearby, and areas around the Nieuwe Maas where landings had been reported.
The Germans noticed the activity on the Dutch side and the first contacts with the Dutch forced them to consolidate their forces around the bridges.
The first Dutch counter measures were executed by a small delegation of Dutch Marines and an incomplete army engineers company.

The Dutch took positions around the small German pocket north of the bridges and started deploying machine guns at numerous strategic points. Soon, the first serious fire exchanges between the invaders and regular Dutch army units were seen and heard. Gradually, the Germans were pushed back to the confines of the narrow perimeter around the traffic bridge. Both sides suffered considerable losses.
Gradually, the Dutch forced the German troops at the bridgehead into a quickly shrinking pocket. Many civilians watched the battle.

Photo gallery of the authentic Dutch army and Marines.

imv6ud.jpg
Netherlands (Marines, 39RI). Around the Nieuwe Maas.

1i08kh.jpg
Dutch Marine Corps helmet type M34 - c.a. 1930

3blzq.png
Dutch soldiers in action, 1940

Photo gallery of the authentic Dutch weapons

20tm2id.jpg
The Geweer M. 95, also known to collectors as the Dutch Mannlicher, was the service rifle of the Armed forces of the Netherlands between 1895 and 1940 which replaced the obsolete Beaumont-Vitali M1871/88. At first it was produced by Steyr for the Dutch, but after 1904, production took place under license at Hembrug Zaandam in the Netherlands.

30244mq.png
The M1941 Johnson Rifle was an American short-recoil operated semi-automatic rifle designed by Melvin Johnson prior to World War II, the rifle was adopted by the Dutch army.

VOTE YES: WE WANT TO SEE DUTCH ARMY STUFF! :) B) :)

More pictures and info updates in the chat!
Post edited by L4Dtrooper on

Comments

• combithenoob
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The closest you'll get to dutch soldiers is british soldiers with dutch uniforms.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The closest you'll get to dutch soldiers is british soldiers with dutch uniforms.

Haha, this guy. ! It would have been a bad move to add Dutch soldiers against German forces, they have closer resemblance between the two as far as uniforms. Imagine playing hardcore with these two oppositing each other.... I speak for myself that I would not be able to tell the difference in a seconds notice with ff on.
  • smokintom214
    911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Didn't they surrender faster then the French?

By the way you get british asian female defending Rotterdam, If thats Not immersive for you you should Play CoD WW2 they have dutch Players.

Well, the Dutch didn't really have a large army to begin with..
  • Zviko0
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Haha, this guy. ! It would have been a bad move to add Dutch soldiers against German forces,

But adding made up battles is a great move?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody will make special soldiers models and record voice lines for like 1 map in the game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Nobody will make special soldiers models and record voice lines for like 1 map in the game.

So much about "untold stories" and "unknown battles".

Looks like those will remain untold and unknown then...

That's the obvious assumption though. Look at bf1. No matter how people asked Serbian and Bulgarian armies have never appeared. So I'm sure the same thing will happen this time.
  • Zviko0

That's the obvious assumption though. Look at bf1. No matter how people asked Serbian and Bulgarian armies have never appeared. So I'm sure the same thing will happen this time.

And I didn't have a problem with that but when they advertise it...

Gustavsson said in his article something like: "we want players to experience some less known battles of WW2".

Soderlund said: "BFV is a lot about the unseen, the untold, the unplayed."

At least do it right then. Unseen, untold and unplayed means it happened, people just aren't familiar with it as much as with, say Omaha Beach...

I have a problem with this because it's kind of false advertising and because if they don't include some of the famous battles of WW2, it'll be like "really? You had so much to work with and you came up with something fictional?"

Rotterdam battle did happen and how they made it, it fits in untold, unseen and unplayed but not in "unknown battles of WW2". More like "what if" battles of WW2.
  • smokintom214
    edited August 23

Haha, this guy. ! It would have been a bad move to add Dutch soldiers against German forces,

Did it matter that some battles were altered in bf1? Naw, I didn't think so.

No one's raging about narvik being winter, even tho it was a green spring when that battle took place
  • llPhantom_Limbll

Gustavsson said in his article something like: "we want players to experience some less known battles of WW2".

At least do it right then. Unseen, untold and unplayed means it happened, people just aren't familiar with it as much as with, say Omaha Beach...

I have a problem with this because it's kind of false advertising and because if they don't include some of the famous battles of WW2, it'll be like "really? You had so much to work with and you came up with something fictional?"

Rotterdam battle did happen and how they made it, it fits in untold, unseen and unplayed but not in "unknown battles of WW2". More like "what if" battles of WW2.

Man, the whole marketing campaign of bfv has been a disaster up to this point.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    916 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From what we've seen so far with all the customization, the British army doesn't look like the British army anyway. From half the shots I've seen, the British look more like US soldiers. Take away the more distinct head gear - helmets, commando hats, berets etc, and you wouldn't have a scooby do what army they were from. So if the Dutch army was there and you took away their distinctive helmets, added a bomber jack and some face paint, and you wouldnt have a clue they were dutch, except maybe a slight change in colour pallet.
  • Zviko0

Did it matter that some battles were altered in bf1? Naw, I didn't think so.

No one's raging about narvik being winter, even tho it was a green spring when that battle took place

Read everything and you'll get my point.

Man, the whole marketing campaign of bfv has been a disaster up to this point.

Can't argue with that. :D
  • L4Dtrooper
    182 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear people,

I do not care how they do it, but if you read the first part of my forum.
    I already indicate that they probably will not Implement it, but I leave the room open for customization!
    I Have no problem with that at all, in fact, even then I can customize my own soldier with Dutch stuff.

And as far as Dutch weapons Implementing yes or no here, believe me that can be put in BFV, just like in BF1,
    weapons were simply put in later, including the highly requested one's.

And it does not matter what kind of weapons you have German or Dutch if it fits the time 1940, that will only be a nice historical addition to the map/game (maybe as a weapon assignments) to unlock or customize.

Stop with stupid reasons or defending why it can't or is not allowed to get Dutch stuff in BFV as/for customization!

Defending untruths and fictitious things that are projected as the truth by EA\DICE is crazy enough, but just that also makes it possible to have the Dutch army in BFV Battle of Rotterdam. WHY NOT!

I will put even more interesting links in my forum, for the people who are really interested in the Dutch army.
  • L4Dtrooper
    edited August 23

Haha, this guy. ! It would have been a bad move to add Dutch soldiers against German forces, they have closer resemblance between the two as far as uniforms. Imagine playing hardcore with these two oppositing each other.... I speak for myself that I would not be able to tell the difference in a seconds notice with ff on.

@smokintom214 And for all who agrees with him!
    Given his statement on the Dutch army looking too similar to Germans, and therefore no customization is possible,
    because it is all too difficult to distinguish who's who.

If YOU cannot play the game anymore and say it's because a distinguish issue than it's just yourself with a eye problem.
    Whant distinguish issue is NOT the case as you will see on the picture's!

Well I made this specially for you guy's, so that you cannot deny anything anymore with silly talking.
    11kb22e.jpg

It also means that you do not know anything about Dutch uniforms and you completely fool yourself by pretending you know tinking the Dutch uniforms look like German. Acknowledge the fackt or to remain silent!
    6iu0k1.png

Good day.
  • L4Dtrooper
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Didn't they surrender faster then the French?

By the way you get british asian female defending Rotterdam, If thats Not immersive for you you should Play CoD WW2 they have dutch Players.
    @herodes87
    You can talking silly about Call of Duty but at least they have done it, without any reason but just because it is possible and it fits within that time era.
    iof1cj.jpg

Good day.
  • L4Dtrooper
    edited August 31
    I like how they did present the dutch in CoD. B)
    Post edited by L4Dtrooper on
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 23
    English readers, please ignore the text in italic.

Nederlander. Laat ek vir jou verduidelik. Die rede hoekom daar (Engelsmanne) is op Rotterdam se kaart is oor die ontwerp van die spel (gameplay), dis nie net so maklik om sommer net Nederlandse faksie in te sit nie. Jy moet verstaan dit is 'n fiktiewe storie oor Rotterdam, met ander woorde is dit 'n fiktiewe interpretasie wat sou gebeur as net Britte en Duitsers daar geveg het. Dus hoef die opsie van Nederlandse soldate nie eers oorweeg te word nie.

Wat wel kan oorweeg word is om unifroms wat in te sit wat naby lyk aan die Nederlanders se goed, maar nie heeltemal nie. Hoekom nie heeltemal nie? Dit moet steeds pas in lyn met die Britse faksie. Hulle het al juis gesê dat hulle klere sal maak wat toepaslik is is vir elke faksie. Een ding wat jou ook gelukkig sal maak is dit feit oor die vorige videos wat wys hoe verskillend die klere is, so daar kan iets moontlik wees aan iets wat jy wil hê, maar nie heeltemal nie.

Ons het ook die wonderlike ding wat ons verbeelding noem. Jy kan jou verbeelding gebruik om die rolspel te maak dat jy wel 'n Nederlandse krygsman is. ;)

To the English people wondering what the italic was. I was explaining that only British and German factions will be playable at launch (This has been confirmed multiple times by game developers of Battlefield V) on the map to OP and that there is no chance of Dutch soldiers on the multiplayer version of the map.
  • L4Dtrooper

Nederlander. Laat ek vir jou verduidelik. Die rede hoekom daar (Engelsmanne) is op Rotterdam se kaart is oor die ontwerp van die spel (gameplay), dis nie net so maklik om sommer net Nederlandse faksie in te sit nie. Jy moet verstaan dit is 'n fiktiewe storie oor Rotterdam, met ander woorde is dit 'n fiktiewe interpretasie wat sou gebeur as net Britte en Duitsers daar geveg het. Dus hoef die opsie van Nederlandse soldate nie eers oorweeg te word nie.

Wat wel kan oorweeg word is om unifroms wat in te sit wat naby lyk aan die Nederlanders se goed, maar nie heeltemal nie. Hoekom nie heeltemal nie? Dit moet steeds pas in lyn met die Britse faksie. Hulle het al juis gesê dat hulle klere sal maak wat toepaslik is is vir elke faksie. Een ding wat jou ook gelukkig sal maak is dit feit oor die vorige videos wat wys hoe verskillend die klere is, so daar kan iets moontlik wees aan iets wat jy wil hê, maar nie heeltemal nie.

Ons het ook die wonderlike ding wat ons verbeelding noem. Jy kan jou verbeelding gebruik om die rolspel te maak dat jy wel 'n Nederlandse krygsman is. ;)

To the English people wondering what the italic was. I was explaining that only British and German factions will be playable at launch (This has been confirmed multiple times by game developers of Battlefield V) on the map to OP and that there is no chance of Dutch soldiers on the multiplayer version of the map.

This is poor Dutch silly talking!

As for the English trancelation of your (probably intentional) poor Dutch,
    where you say they will not do it, okay fine.

but they can put the guns and uniforms in for customization!
  • MAGNUSDUCTOR
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited August 23
    L4Dtrooper wrote: »

This is poor Dutch silly talking!

As for the English trancelation of your (probably intentional) poor Dutch,
    where you say they will not do it, okay fine.

but they can put the guns and uniforms in for customization!

:P Luckily you exactly understood what I wrote and not it is not google translate lol. If you guessed flemish, you would be more on track. It is Afrikaans is actually. If you like history you will see how cool the history is of Afrikaans. You are the first dutch person (I have a quite a few Dutch friends, although I am South African) that has not thought I speak flemish or Afrikaans haha.

Regarding costumes they will have something similar but not totally dutch. Like I said the overall story of the game for release is britian vs germany so they will have things relating to dutch but not officially dutch stuff. For example, boot style the dutch had, but no direct indication that is boot style is dutch. Like taking inspiration without showing the brand. Think of it this way, if you were DICE, you want to make generic customizations that can be used on multiple maps and not just one map.
    Post edited by MAGNUSDUCTOR on